Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oliverrook

A little complaint about the moderators

12 posts in this topic

Ok. I just had a topic deleted for what I believe is a personal opinion of the moderator.

The topic was about clay generation. After my last post, which explained why I didn't think i was a priority, a moderator, who had given me a very rude reply about how I supposedly thought they should drop everything, deleted the topic.

I think this is unfair and rude.

(*I know I sound like a total ASS Hat, but still.*)

This sure is ironic.

I deleted that post.

And I'm not just a forum mod. I'm a game developer. I deleted your post because coloured clay isn't going to be in TFC.

coloured clay isn't going to be in TFC.

I will try to do this again here. Dunk, is it possible for dirt, sand and gravel colours to be handled through the same means grass and leaves colours are?

No, because the colours and such aren't determined by the metadata of the object, which would be needed for sand. This would mean that picking it up would remove it's colours. Colour for grass is climate specific, not item specific

You could only do that if it was to be be purely visual, and bioxx doesn't want that. He wants glass to have tints based on the parent sand

He wants glass to have tints based on the parent sand

Doesn't this require to rewrite lighting system in a way?

As for sand, no big deal, but with dirt and especially gravel this might be a neat idea. Or not? I mean, less block id's.

As for sand, no big deal, but with dirt and especially gravel this might be a neat idea. Or not? I mean, less block id's.

I guess not, if the shadow of the glass remains as vanilla and if the tint is purely aesthetic... Would be something like a portal...

no, theres a stained glass mod that doesn't rewrite lighting

BTW, modding lighting is just TOO MUCH PAIN!

BTW, modding lighting is just TOO MUCH PAIN!

I know. Mojang themselves seem to think that way. Because 1.4 should be introducing new iteration of lighting systems, but it was taken down.

I know. Mojang themselves seem to think that way. Because 1.4 should be introducing new iteration of lighting systems, but it was taken down.

yeah... If they haven't even touched CC and Notch dismissed that chance, lighting is too far

I will try to do this again here. Dunk, is it possible for dirt, sand and gravel colours to be handled through the same means grass and leaves colours are?

Nooooo, more textures / block IDs = more creative options for texturing !!

The problem with stained glass if when you are looking through multiple blocks lined up in a row that are all different color, with Minecraft's rendering system as it is, z-buffering begins to shit itself. Basically there are two ways to do it in that case. One way makes it look nice, but your frame rate will tank and performance is going to die, or it looks really really bad and your game still gets a performance impact, but not as bad.

Now what the majority of the stained glass mods do is the smart thing in that they tell the game not to render any other glass that is present on the other side of the block. So if you had two blocks of glassed lined up, one blue the other yellow, you would not see green looking through them, you would see whatever color the block is that you are looking through at the time. This is very easy on performance and gets the job done.

Posted Image

Now getting colored lighting via colored glass.. that is something that just isn't possible with how MC handles lighting, as it is done in a really ass backwards way.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0