Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Pakislav

A wild idea: Corpses and burial.

56 posts in this topic

I guess it would be a gods send for me.

Do I need a Optifine version for 1.4.2 to wrok with TFC? Anyone got a download link somewhere?

(best with instructions ;s)

paki, yea u need the 1,4,2 version, but all you do is google optifine 1,4,2, instructions are always listed next to it

There are tons of versions with names that don't say anything for me. Can someone explain their naming habits, since we're at it anyway?

just type in: optifine for minecraft 1.4.2, pick top link :D

argh the one that I downloaded doesn't seem to give me an option to change instalation folder so I can't instal it on MultiMc >.>

just type in: optifine for minecraft 1.4.2, pick top link :D

I did that, this version seems to have a memory leak on me. What about the others, WTH are they?

Yay, now my minecraft is destroyed and world corrupted! Thanks optifine!

now i feel very bad paki, i dont know why you guys have problems with it, all i did was get the very first optifine download for the correct version and blammo, it worked *magic*

~mumbles about idiots giving tech support~

Installing optifine is simple. drag and drop the contents of the Optifine version you got(in most cases its Ultimate edition.. the one with a U in its name) into your Minecraft.jar. Delete meta INF if you havent already and play the game.

I must say, DO NOT RELY ON THIRD PART PROGRAMS TO INSTALL MINECRAFT MODS. do it manually so you know how to do it. It is NOT hard

optifine WILL NOT corrupt your world, it is a graphics/performance mod and does not alter generation or anything else.

as for optifine LOWERING performance, play with the settings that limit framerate. you only need 30 frames to play a game and optifine has the option to limit framerate to that. Just change the option and your good, alright?

I must say, DO NOT RELY ON THIRD PART PROGRAMS TO INSTALL MINECRAFT MODS. do it manually so you know how to do it. It is NOT hard

Finally one that does this...

But it DID screw my game up after I dragged and droped the only 1.4.2 version available on the official Optifine minecraft forum thread to my minecraft.jar folder and now blocks are either invisible or have un-matched textures on them, as in a block of stone bricks having a 2d flower on its side.

I have never seen/heard of that bad of a screw up. what all is installed? (MCpatcher is a mod. if your using that AND optifine, STOP)

I always install mods by myself...I don't really trust third party programs... *mumbles about account theft*

What do you mean? I didn't even know there's programs that will install your mods for you up to this point.

But it DID screw my game up after I dragged and droped the only 1.4.2 version available on the official Optifine minecraft forum thread to my minecraft.jar folder and now blocks are either invisible or have un-matched textures on them, as in a block of stone bricks having a 2d flower on its side.

What did you install, in what order? Did you install optifine before or after the forge? What texture pack are you using, what options did you chose?

Try to reinstall from clean .jar again.

What do you mean? I didn't even know there's programs that will install your mods for you up to this point.

Well, I can't know everyone that doesn't use this type of programs, and ECC is the first that posted that, then he is the first that I know that doesn't use third part programs.

Well, I can't know everyone that doesn't use this type of programs, and ECC is the first that posted that, then he is the first that I know that doesn't use third part programs.

Does that make me the second?

Does that make me the second?

Yes, and transcegopher is the 3rd...

Aww.

It's okay, we still love you

anally...

It's okay, we still love you

anally...

I'll have none of your nonsense.

Posted Image

Ok, we derailed this thread enough for today, then back on topic ok? :)