Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deathbytac0

What is the point of dry grass

19 posts in this topic

I know dry grass doesn't let trees planted on it grow, what about crops though and can you get rid of it? If I could fertilize it all it would be a nice empty field for me to grow stuff in. Other than that why is it there?

Careful incredibly useful comment bellow:

i don't know.

Careful incredibly useful comment bellow:

i don't know.

Wow thanks lol.

It's there because it's not wet, you're looking at things backwards.

It's there because it's not wet, you're looking at things backwards.

So if you flood it... you end up with a giant ass, rich field?

So if you flood it... you end up with a giant ass, rich field?

No, wet it or not depends on rainfall of the area.

No, wet it or not depends on rainfall of the area.

Well that blows. So no giant ass, rich field?

Well that blows. So no giant ass, rich field?

You can make one in plains biome.

You can make one in plains biome.

That's a long ways away.

Also I live in a swamp... it doesn't make sense for it do have a dry field.

That's a long ways away.

Also I live in a swamp... it doesn't make sense for it do have a dry field.

Terraing generation needs a bit of tweaking, Bioxx is aware of that.

And the dry grass is just a visual indication of low rainfall. Trees and crops DO grow there.

Terraing generation needs a bit of tweaking, Bioxx is aware of that.

And the dry grass is just a visual indication of low rainfall. Trees and crops DO grow there.

Sweet, that might explain the Douglas Fir near the border. Now there is no point of it, any known plans?

Sweet, that might explain the Douglas Fir near the border. Now there is no point of it, any known plans?

I really don't know

This is like saying 'what's the point of a desert, I can't grow crops on it' or 'jeez I can't even walk on the ocean Bioxx fix please'. Dry grass generating in a swamp is a bug, but dry grass generating in areas of low rainfall is a feature.

This is like saying 'what's the point of a desert, I can't grow crops on it' or 'jeez I can't even walk on the ocean Bioxx fix please'. Dry grass generating in a swamp is a bug, but dry grass generating in areas of low rainfall is a feature.

Yeah, this is what I mean. Also, why not? Dry grass makes the world look better and more believable. Dry grass adds +1 to the difficult level of the game. Dry grass is also a new grass type. I'm bored of seeing only green vanilla grass...

Actually, according to the change-log for the newest build, beta 67, dry grass now most certainly has a use. That use is to indicate areas of low rainfall. Additionally, dry grass is by no means a permanent thing and can be eliminated by placing a water - source near it. According to the change-log:

• Dry grass will now turn into normal grass when there is a local source of water.
  • Normal grass will now turn into dry grass if the rainfall of the region is below 500mm and there is no local source of water.

Dry grass makes the world look better and more believable.

I have to disagree with you there. :)

Actually, according to the change-log for the newest build, beta 67, dry grass now most certainly has a use. That use is to indicate areas of low rainfall. Additionally, dry grass is by no means a permanent thing and can be eliminated by placing a water - source near it. According to the change-log:

• Dry grass will now turn into normal grass when there is a local source of water.
  • Normal grass will now turn into dry grass if the rainfall of the region is below 500mm and there is no local source of water.
Hello more description on the new build. (I think... Was it that long yesterday?)

Ok, not better, but more believable. And some people like dry grass then they can see a better world...

Hello more description on the new build. (I think... Was it that long yesterday?)

No, it was not that long yesterday