Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Menoch

The future of safe mod downloads....

35 posts in this topic

I just want to say this. The FBI Virus can be stopped with Malwarebytes. I get the FBI virus all the time up here at work. If you need to buy a $40 USD USB to SATA/IDE adapter and run a malware scan from a friends laptop or what ever on your drive. poof gone. clean up your temp files and etc with CCCleaner. Continue using your computer.

-Edit- FBI virus wont be stopped/detected by antivirus, its malware.

hey, if you can get a good album out TFC might get popular enough to leave adfly behind and get better ads on the site.

Hey, Dunkleosteus, I know this question is kind of out there and you can answer me in PM (or not at all, it is kind of private I guess), but what kind of ad system does Bioxx use? Is he using Google adsense?

One suggestion I could throw out is maybe redoing the actual website. A little restructuring of the pages and a little bit more information posted on the main web page would get more users browsing through it and I am sure no one is going to have issues with a discrete vertical ad on the side and a horizontal one tacked onto the bottom of the pages, if it is provided by a trusted service (again, my major suggestion is Adsense).

I'm looking through your website and I'm not seeing a single ad, nor are there any on the wiki that I see.

Now that the wiki has really improved over how it was a few months ago, I can see the download page, the change log, and the wiki being hit by a lot of people, that should generate more than what ad.fly provides and should, depending on who you go with, be safer than ad.fly as well.

Just a suggestion, maybe something to look into, I know you guys are super busy with the mod, let alone personal life. :)

EDIT:

I should probably reword about redesign of the website, it is nicely done and I do like it (clean, simply laid out, isn't cluttered), however there could be some improvements made on it, didn't mean to come off as offending or stepping on toes.

What would be nice is if when mine craft came out with the Modding API it had a site for downloading mods, where other mods, server hosting, servers, and the like are shown if the developer wants ad income.

yes that would be nice wouldnt it?

btw, Y U NO ADD AVATAR THEN! YOU WANT ONE? HERE Posted Image

for the record, that's a wombat L:D

Killster, that is very tempting.

I'll think about it.

hey, if you can get a good album out TFC might get popular enough to leave adfly behind and get better ads on the site.

I have 3 tracks finished, i just need to polish them on my pc that is out of comission. Fortunately the pc in the studio is NEVER online, but not powerful enough to run my editing and mastering software. That is 8 tracks for the cd. I am working on 6 more tracks and i will be good to go. Looking for work right now and let me tell ya it sucks. Selling myself to a company .... Feel like a ho, yo, ya know?! 8)

Soon my friend.... Sooooooon....

i find the battle of usability and security to be easy, because i choose security. disable javascript with noscript, remove ads with adblock, get rid of all the other crazy with flashblock... granted its not perfect, but i have had 0 viruses, malware, adware...etc. but its hard to manage what sites to allow and what ones to block. also i think it negates any ad cashflow the sites might have got if i were to not protect myself. btw i plan on donating next payday!

Hey, Dunkleosteus, I know this question is kind of out there and you can answer me in PM (or not at all, it is kind of private I guess), but what kind of ad system does Bioxx use? Is he using Google adsense?

One suggestion I could throw out is maybe redoing the actual website. A little restructuring of the pages and a little bit more information posted on the main web page would get more users browsing through it and I am sure no one is going to have issues with a discrete vertical ad on the side and a horizontal one tacked onto the bottom of the pages, if it is provided by a trusted service (again, my major suggestion is Adsense).

I'm looking through your website and I'm not seeing a single ad, nor are there any on the wiki that I see.

Now that the wiki has really improved over how it was a few months ago, I can see the download page, the change log, and the wiki being hit by a lot of people, that should generate more than what ad.fly provides and should, depending on who you go with, be safer than ad.fly as well.

Just a suggestion, maybe something to look into, I know you guys are super busy with the mod, let alone personal life. :)

EDIT:

I should probably reword about redesign of the website, it is nicely done and I do like it (clean, simply laid out, isn't cluttered), however there could be some improvements made on it, didn't mean to come off as offending or stepping on toes.

are you using adblock? When I turn that off I see ads on the main site. and I don't know how Bioxx has ads on there, I'll try and ask.

are you using adblock? When I turn that off I see ads on the main site. and I don't know how Bioxx has ads on there, I'll try and ask.

No, I got the TFC site whitelisted for adblock and I've tried disabling the plugin completely. I'll have to double check to see if there is something else I'm running blocking them. :/

dunk im running google chrome tandard no adblock, havent seen a single advert in here :D