Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

27 posts in this topic

Hi,

First of all I want to thank the mod developers. This mod is pretty amazing and it reingnited my interest and love for Minecraft.

And then to the actual question. When cutting a tree down, does anyone else leave the bottom piece untouched as a 'tree stump'? I started doing that and I think it looks kind of neat, marking the progress of civilization through untamed wilderness. :P I also stopped planting trees since there's built-in mechanism for forest growth (and I didn't want the whole terrain to be covered in treestumps).

Posted Image

Posted Image

edit: Moved pics inside spoiler tags

How many "Random question" threads we have got already? :P

I have done it sometimes, accidentaly... and left it like that, 'cause it looks neat. Never thought of doing it intentionally... it just seems unefficient .-.

And you just write [spoiler*]-whatever you want to write-[/spoiler*] (without the *)

eh, with the old system of durability it was inefficient, now not so much.

Hmm I don't know anything about how tress grow in TFC (haven't done any experimenting) or if it's like vanilla, but do those stumps stop other trees from growing? Man, I could see that really turning into a wasteland of stumps!

There is never enough random questions in the world. :) And it's not about efficiency for me. Besides. stone tools are not too expensive and after I find my first metal veins there's enough materials to be inefficient.

Hmm I don't know anything about how tress grow in TFC (haven't done any experimenting) or if it's like vanilla, but do those stumps stop other trees from growing? Man, I could see that really turning into a wasteland of stumps!

If I remember correctly, if there's proper circumstances (right terrain, enough rain etc...) for certain trees, the saplings spawn randomly. And the chance is pretty low. After ~15h I've had about half dozen White Elm saplings spawn near my house.

I've done it a few times, but I rarely get to a point where I actually find a place to settle before either a new version comes out (I ALWAYS start a new world, just for kicks I guess) or I just don't have the time/interest to continue. And before I settle it is just a wasteful practice, as wood is precious and I probably won't be seeing this spot again, so no point in just leaving wood lying around. But yeah, especially in TFC, I do this when I actually remember to.

It may of looked interesting on a flat terrain.. but this, looks bad. +it's a waste.

Just doesn't fit the blocky style I think.

It may of looked interesting on a flat terrain.. but this, looks bad. +it's a waste.

Just doesn't fit the blocky style I think.

It looks better with a denser forest, like the ones TFC used to have... (Can we have those back, pweeese?)

It looks better with a denser forest, like the ones TFC used to have... (Can we have those back, pweeese?)

This would be nice but there would be badly generated trees that enter in each other because they're tall and large.

the only thing that really pisses me off about leaves in TFC is that when you walk on the bottom of a jungle, you have no bloody sight whatsoever, leaves everywhere, you should have a machete or a 0 tier item that could help you with this, even if its durability is crap i'd use it non stop

the only thing that really pisses me off about leaves in TFC is that when you walk on the bottom of a jungle, you have no bloody sight whatsoever, leaves everywhere, you should have a machete or a 0 tier item that could help you with this, even if its durability is crap i'd use it non stop

It's called a knife. And we do have it. (actually, didn't breaking leaves with a knife had more chances of giving saplings and sticks?)

On the other hand... how you think jungles are in real life? not every jungle has a nice, clear path in the middle leading to the other side, you know...

It's called a knife. And we do have it. (actually, didn't breaking leaves with a knife had more chances of giving saplings and sticks?)

On the other hand... how you think jungles are in real life? not every jungle has a nice, clear path in the middle leading to the other side, you know...

I remember that time when I made a road across a jungle in my modpack :D it as cool and there was a suspended rail to go even faster :) ah good times...

Use a scythe.

In b69 I found a nice forest. It had tall sequoias and then pine and willow trees in between. Felt like a real forest.

scythe = metal, i dont find metal during a journey ;( also, is the knife thing true that it actually boosts drops on leaves?

scythe = metal, i dont find metal during a journey ;( also, is the knife thing true that it actually boosts drops on leaves?

Yeah it is, and also it's better than a scythe.

i have disgraced this forum with my stupidity, good bye my honor Posted Image

Yeah it is, and also it's better than a scythe.

ONLY IN THE CAHNCES OF GETTING STICKS AND SAPLINGS.

Don't ever say the best tool Bioxx ever gave us is worse than something else... it's probably the only tool he will ever give us which can break blocks instantly in a 3x3 area >_______>

Wait, the knife breaks leaves in 3x3 area? Or it just boosts the chance of sticks/saplings?

Wait, the knife breaks leaves in 3x3 area? Or it just boosts the chance of sticks/saplings?

I meant the chance of getting saplings and sticks. Of course not the range or the boost.

I meant the scythe... and yes it does :

Ok, so the scythe is still better for traveling through a jungle and clearing a path.

I used to leave tree stumps out. Now I don't for reasons of efficiency and beyond me. Also, please do not double-post, as using that technique will 'literally' melt people. Rather, use the multi-quote button. To multi-quote, click on multi-quote on the targe post you would like to quote. And Mister achartran, I am surprised you did not noticed that Mister SgtVennamo double-posted.

-Sda209

I am surprised you did not noticed that Mister SgtVennamo double-posted.

If you act like it isn't there it will disappear. LALALALA CANT HEAR YOOOOUUUUU

I used to leave tree stumps out. Now I don't for reasons of efficiency and beyond me. Also, please do not double-post, as using that technique will 'literally' melt people. Rather, use the multi-quote button. To multi-quote, click on multi-quote on the targe post you would like to quote. And Mister achartran, I am surprised you did not noticed that Mister SgtVennamo double-posted.

-Sda209

I.. I.. I can't believe I missed that. D:

Posted Image

*then melts*