Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XelNigma

Looking for a better way to build my Bloomery.

13 posts in this topic

Iv made the bloomery several different ways, but I dont really like any of them all that well.

Iv done the standard bloomer with a ladder or stairs, the forge/bloomery combo, even an inground bloomery so the top is surface side with stairs leading down to the bloomery block.

But... there all meh.

It would seem for the best results the bloomery block needs to be near the anvil. Which removed the inground bloomery option.

My main issue with the standard bloomery is making nice looking stairs leading to the top gets rather bulky and that make it not look good.

Any one have any creative suggestions or better yet, pics of how you built your bloomery?

I have always built the bloomery by the forge and anvil, all at surface level. But i think it is pretty much a preference factor. But you could still have your anvil underground... wherever you want.

Whatever makes your bum hum, my friend.

I built my house into a hill; bloomery on the ground floor next to my anvil, beds on top floor with a door leading to the top of the hill where my chimney comes out (shown below) but I do also have a staircase up the side of the hill for easy access.

(big chimney is the bloomery, there's a door from the second floor just behind it)

Posted Image

You can try with chiselled ladders if you don't like the standard ladders.

You could have the stairs separate from the bloomery by having a two story compound. I built a house like that once, where the bloomery was on the ground level and there was a closet on the second floor which had the hole to throw things in.

Also, have you tried a stone ladder using the same brick type as the bloomery? That looks nicer since it blends well, but it's easy to fall off when going up or down. If you didn't know, you can chisel in slab mode to make a stone ladder.

And sometimes I decorate my bloomery with thin chiselled stone to make the lower part and sometimes also the upper part. Also, above my bloomery I put a trapdoor to avoid falling ores when I drop them by mistake.

Once I found redstone, I cheated a bit to get myself sticky pistons and repeaters and built small elevator that dumps ores and coal into the bloomery.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once I found redstone, I cheated a bit to get myself sticky pistons and built small elevator that dumps ores and coal into the bloomery.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You cheater :3 cool idea.

You cheater :3 cool idea.

This idea lies on the surface. Basically, I emulated windlass using pistons and memories of builds from my (short) BTW times.

I think, if need be, I can build bulky but working contraption without repeaters so all that required as far as cheating - enabling vanilla iron recipes. Slimeballs are obtainable in TFC.

Posted Image

I make a double thick wall for the bloomery, and chisel up the outer layer, so it looks like that.

Waste of bricks? possibly. Worth it? for me, hell yeah.

I've been building two bloomeries side by side (so they share the wall between them). I sink them two blocks down, extending 2 blocks above ground level, so I can still reach the bloomery block and bellows from the surface level, and put two chiseled steps in the middle. I'll get some pics when I get home, but this has been a good compromise so far.

Iv tried a stone ladder before, Doesnt get along with smart move very well.

I love the piston set up, very nice indeed.

I had never even considered having the way up to the top of the bloomery to not be right next to it.

You all have shown me there are several way to do this that I havent even thought of. I need to start thinking outside the box, get my creativity a-flow'n.

Thanks peps.

I built my bloomeries into the wall of a workshop that I built. The bloomery blocks and the anvil are on the first floor, and the top of the bloomeries are on the second floor. There are two stair cases on the left and right. It was a bit annoying at first running up and down the stairs, but I've gotten used to it by now. There are also two forges on the first floor on the far right; they're out of frame.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0