Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
killster550

Force (no not jedi arts)

30 posts in this topic

EDIT: FML, THIS IS THE DISCUSSION FORUM....dunk would you kindly move this to the suggestions forum? ;D

So i was discussing the minigame thing with dockwithme on the specializations topic, and i came to an epiphany. (shoot me if i spell it wrong, i just resurrect anyway :D)

in many a game there is the instant click and it happens like vanilla minecraft, but in some games there is the usage of force behind your swing which you have to time yourself.

if we would apply this to TFC, we could employ a minigame-ish type of playing which makes you swing the axe at a certain force for maximum effect, allowing trees to be cut down at varying speeds. (no, not with a GUI, you guys are better at fleshing stuff out than i am so go ahead)

this same thing could apply for fishing, combat, and mining, par example: if you hit the sweet spot on a specific rock, it'd pop out the block next to it as well, or if you get the right force behind your swing, you do extra damage. (and no, i dont mean use max force always)

in the usage: if you hold down the left mouse button, you charge up the force, release and it chops. this could also replace trees as a set of blocks to a full scale tree with varying gradations of being chopped down (that dont regenerate, so it'd actually be like 10 seperate entities, 1 through to 10/10 chopped :D)

oh, and for those that snipe me without mentioning why, your name will be written down in this book 3;)

Posted Image

Then you're suggesting something like SmartMoving, but called SmartForce, right? Then why don't add a special attack, like the one of vanilla. When you have a sword and you hit when you're in air, after jumping, you should give a powerful hit.

that function of air jump critical hit is actually already there in vanilla, seen antvenom do it extremely often, but im talking SmartForce on all tasks that require you hitting stuff (hell if its worked out extremely well it could even replace smithing, NO THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH CURRENT SMITHING *kills incoming dunk rage :D*

imagine: a tree, normally you just hit the block, it pops, with my idea, you actually have to hit the trunk at the right side (so dont chop from all sides) to damage said tree and make it fall over (could or could not be simulated, up to the devs) and you have to administer the right force too, if you swing an axe with all your might, 1: it gets stuck, 2: you waste your stamina, if you time/properly gauge your hits, its a lot more effective.

same with mining, you could hit a block everywhere, or you use enough force (if you use too much a pickaxe would break IRL, could be simulated through more durability loss) and actually properly pierce the stone (block in this case).

I like this idea a lot, this brings even more specialization into TFC, but make every different kind of block (wood,rock,earth,etc) have different ways of being destroyed, but this will also require blocks to save their damage(good =) ) like in multimine.

You could also make it have direction like in mount & blade(M&B google it, very famous game) that will be awesome, but i think that merging M&B combat system with minecraft could be something really hard.

which brings me to another possibility: shoveling, if you shovel too hard, you cant pull out any dirt, but if you hit it too soft, you only graze the top :D

I like your idea. But it will require a number of entities, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing in minecraft.

This suggestion, if the idea were to be implemented, will drastically affect MineCraft in a positive/negative perspective. Positively, much more believability and challenge will be added. Negatively, if you recently forged your only blue steel pickaxe and pierce the stone too firmly, the probably of the said pickaxe will be damaged, unless you are capable of using its back-pick. Combat will be more intense, but may be frustrating ever so rarely to the veterans and extreme to the rookies. Other than these points (I am aware that I left out more points, but I'd rather not create a wall of text as the one I am currently doing), this suggestion has quite some potential.

P.S. - This thread's title is nonsensical; only those with impaired intelligence would not be able to tell even the slightest comparison between the force of physics, and the force of Star Wars.

Moving this to suggestions.

and I caught your little RP reference to what ever alien thing you pretend to be. haw haw.

^^ thanks dunk, have another cookiehammer approved by the empire

also SDA, im not talking about a critical mistake = instant break pick, i'm talking about a way to manage your durability loss based on your skill, if anyone uses a blue steel pickaxe like a madman, it will last a lot shorter than when you properly use it on the right spot, same with an axe, you can chop a tree in 40 different spots, or just keep chopping at 1, its obvious which one is more efficient, (besides, the title thing is to prevent derails in the sense of: ERMAHGERD, I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT STAR WARS) sense of way ;)

What this kind of reminds me of is the old game Diggles (or Wiggles, I'm not sure how will it). Miner gnomes there when digging their first tunnel take big amounts of time to break single block, while when their skill is closer to 80 or so they go "pock", and long tunnel appears instantly.

except for the fact you dont improve your timing beyond player skill, there is no passive thing saying your timing can be less precise, you have to learn it for yourself (also thinking it could be different for each tree, soil type and rock, but, good luck coding THAT XD)

I was referring solely to "pock" thing, but it needed explanation.

I feel that this suggestion could be too irritating for the rookie player.

Correction. Also, I think dynamic physics (I swear, I am causing a 'Dynamic Craze' fad) applied to tools will be an addition to the challenge.

Correction. Also, I think dynamic physics (I swear, I am causing a 'Dynamic Craze' fad) applied to tools will be an addition to the challenge.

Well, my thought is that having to spend a half hour to perform a task that should take twenty minutes, as as well as not being able to streamline activities, will be abnoxious to many players.

Well, my thought is that having to spend a half hour to perform a task that should take twenty minutes, as as well as not being able to streamline activities, will be abnoxious to many players.

There should be tweaking, then.

obviously its tweak sensitive, but dont forget that even rookies can learn something like this in no time, the execution should be: learning curve easy, mastery difficult :D

There should be tweaking, then.

one question, why is it that you always talk in a different font than everyone else?

It's called "being a hipster", from what i know... Or it's just that he likes that font ._. Probably both in fact...

It's called "being a hipster", from what i know... Or it's just that he likes that font ._. Probably both in fact...

please, speaking in different fonts doesnt make you hipster. trust me, i know

trust me, i know

Considering where i'm from, i should be the one saying that :P

one question, why is it that you always talk in a different font than everyone else?

The reason for that is, he's a fanfiction author or something, and all of the fanfictions on fanction.net are written using that font, so...yeah. :P

Maybe if players jump too hard into their minecarts, the minecart will get derailed... That way, it minecart derails will be slightly less common than thread derails.

*cough going back on track. cough.*

but seriously, having the force of swings of tools affect crafting or combat would work extremely well either way, even if not everything is implemented, i want to know what the devs think on this one (although i assume coding it will prove the issue, like so many ideas)

please, speaking in different fonts doesnt make you hipster. trust me, i know

You were typing in different fonts before typing in different fonts went mainstream?