Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
turtletechy

Villages Add-On pack?

10 posts in this topic

I've wanted to have villagers of some sort around for quite a while. It'd be nice if they would spawn occasionally, with ability to trade, or something along those lines.

A few mods I have looked at that would be nice if they had compatibility

http://millenaire.org/

https://sites.google...minecolony/home

I think it could work fine if someone were to modify minecolony to allow for the structures to be built with the materials available in TFCraft.

EDIT: I have to correct myself, I have found minecolony to be a bit out of date.

The developers of TFC already said no to NPC's quite a few times.

You didn't understand the title, did you? I was meaning for another user to create an Add-On for TFCraft to allow for this. I know that there are a few people who desire this.

You didn't understand the title, did you? I was meaning for another user to create an Add-On for TFCraft to allow for this. I know that there are a few people who desire this.

Making and distribution of TFC addons is also not allowed.

Making and distribution of TFC addons is also not allowed.

If they mess with the TFC files then yes, but if not, they can be distributed. Also, suggestions aren't for add on's or whatever, use the discussion forum

If they mess with the TFC files then yes, but if not, they can be distributed.

You're right, my bad. If they make an addon that would work fine with vanilla Minecraft aswell, but the addons contents themselves were scaled up to TFC's standards (e.g. health), that would be no problem. But considering these are villages we're talking about, that would definitely require messing around with TFC code.

You're right, my bad. If they make an addon that would work fine with vanilla Minecraft aswell, but the addons contents themselves were scaled up to TFC's standards (e.g. health), that would be no problem. But considering these are villages we're talking about, that would definitely require messing around with TFC code.

Not necessarily. I tried out millenaire, but it seems that only a slight modification would be needed to get that to work properly. Millenaire villages were working okay, but some blocks weren't working properly. If someone makes an add-on for that that allows it to use TFCraft blocks, we'd be good to go. The mod in its own right is actually semi-functional with TFCraft at the moment. Just some block errors. You'd probably want to scale down some of the roles of villagers, but other than that, you'd be able to get it to work somewhat.

I agree that millinare would be epic in tfc, but aside from compatility and health, millinare wold need some serious rebalancing, if nothing else make the player pay a much higher price for breaking blocks and stealing from a village, as in they all attack you, because I can't tell you the number of times I stole millinare crops, slaughtered millinare animals,(they respawn indefnately) and vandalized millinare houses for money. the game would be far too easy if you could survive and prosper by stealing from villages with no repercussions.

I agree that millinare would be epic in tfc, but aside from compatility and health, millinare wold need some serious rebalancing, if nothing else make the player pay a much higher price for breaking blocks and stealing from a village, as in they all attack you, because I can't tell you the number of times I stole millinare crops, slaughtered millinare animals,(they respawn indefnately) and vandalized millinare houses for money. the game would be far too easy if you could survive and prosper by stealing from villages with no repercussions.

Good point. But still, compatibility would be nice, it just makes minecraft feel more alive.

TerraFirmaCraft

Survival mode as it should've been.

For me that means being mostly alone, or in a small group, out in the harsh and unforgiving wilderness fighting for your life, and trying really HARD to survive. Imho, TFC is still way too easy :)

And it's not much of surviving if you have a full established village around the corner where you can trade and get help,

or raid and rob to get easy recourses...which is not my definition of survival.

But i really do understand wanting to combine other cool mods line this one with TFC.

Minecraft is just a much better Minecraft with TFC installed B)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0