Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muldore

Build 77 timetable

10 posts in this topic

My brother and I are attempting to start/join a new TFC server, and I was glad to see build 76 come out... until I noticed the bugs that made nearly every single item uncraftable (no wooden planks for buckets, shelter, knapping glitches, and a bunch of other stuff mentioned on the Issues/Bugs thread...

I would like to know the current progress of build 77, which I assume will largely consist of many needed bugfixes for build 76, as well as the expected timetable. Also, what exactly caused these issues in the first place, aside from the patch?

planks are still makeable...it just consumes the whole axe and will not work unless you have a brand new axe.

The point still stands, does anyone know what progress is being made with the new bugfix build? (I'm guessing with all the stuff that needs fixing few features will be added aside from bug fixes)

It won't be 77, but 76a, b, c, d, etc. Watch out for those.

From IRC, Dunk/Bioxx are aware of some of the bugs and have fixed them for release when they fix more (the axe plank crafting is supposedly fixed)

I just wish that they'd do quick launches of the fixes, to test it a bit. It might be helpful, and we'd get partial functionality, which I consider to be better than nothing. Besides, I like the new build even with some of the bugs, as long as plank making is fixed, I'll really like it.

Another bug, willow doors are missing from the creative inventory, and very likely, the actual game. I haven't tried crafting one though.

I just wish that they'd do quick launches of the fixes, to test it a bit. It might be helpful, and we'd get partial functionality, which I consider to be better than nothing. Besides, I like the new build even with some of the bugs, as long as plank making is fixed, I'll really like it.

Another bug, willow doors are missing from the creative inventory, and very likely, the actual game. I haven't tried crafting one though.

Yah, there are quite a few bugs that need fixing, some of them are a bit odd... I think the wierdest two are:

the infected chiseled block bug, where chiseling a block changes its color and causes nearby blocks to become clones of the block...

and the Sand world glitch, where falling sand somehow causes a duplication bug that covers your entire world in sand, deleteing all water and ground cover.

Some people have been having odd knapping glitches like if you craft an axe head, you get a door...

Anyway, I hope these bugs are resolved soon... Although if they could isolate the sand world glitch code and mail it to me, that would make for an interesting addition to my friends server, or perhaps a stand alone mod if you could edit it to create less lagg.

No, b77 will be mostly feature based. I think we're just going to rerelease b76 once everything is fixed.

No, b77 will be mostly feature based. I think we're just going to rerelease b76 once everything is fixed.

Ok then, this begs the question, what kind of features are likely to be added to b77? And will any of them break my world if I go ahead and make one for B76? I know it is too early for some type of timetable if infact you are adding a feature based update instead of a mass bug fix as I expected...

Change Log

Beta Build 76 Hotfix 2

Bug Fixes

• Fixed infinite Sand creep.
  • Fixed crash where a crop would spawn on top of another crop causing a CTD. This can only be repaired by deleting the chunk or starting a new world.
  • Scribing tables should now much more reliably accept markings.
  • Ingot piles should no longer cause a crash when the chunk they are in unloads.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 1 : Yes we’re back to hotfixes again. I just can’t make up my mind.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed several naming bugs.
  • Food Prep blocks should no longer cause strange rendering issues.
  • Fixed several knapping interface bugs. (The double-click ‘feature’ is due to vanilla and I can’t figure out where it’s coming from, to disable it, with ease. The knapping interface is going to be getting a facelift soon anyways so you’ll just have to live with it for now.)
  • Fixed several broken recipes.
  • Tools that have damage should once again be usable in recipes.
  • Food should no longer cause a crash when consumed in some instances.
  • Skeletons should no longer render their names randomly.
  • Fixed render issue with detailed blocks.
Good job on the current progress with B76 by the way, but did you realy need to remove the sand world bug? :(

Ok then, this begs the question, what kind of features are likely to be added to b77? And will any of them break my world if I go ahead and make one for B76? I know it is too early for some type of timetable if infact you are adding a feature based update instead of a mass bug fix as I expected...

Change Log

Beta Build 76 Hotfix 2

Bug Fixes

• Fixed infinite Sand creep.
  • Fixed crash where a crop would spawn on top of another crop causing a CTD. This can only be repaired by deleting the chunk or starting a new world.
  • Scribing tables should now much more reliably accept markings.
  • Ingot piles should no longer cause a crash when the chunk they are in unloads.
Beta Build 76 Hotfix 1 : Yes we’re back to hotfixes again. I just can’t make up my mind.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed several naming bugs.
  • Food Prep blocks should no longer cause strange rendering issues.
  • Fixed several knapping interface bugs. (The double-click ‘feature’ is due to vanilla and I can’t figure out where it’s coming from, to disable it, with ease. The knapping interface is going to be getting a facelift soon anyways so you’ll just have to live with it for now.)
  • Fixed several broken recipes.
  • Tools that have damage should once again be usable in recipes.
  • Food should no longer cause a crash when consumed in some instances.
  • Skeletons should no longer render their names randomly.
  • Fixed render issue with detailed blocks.
Good job on the current progress with B76 by the way, but did you realy need to remove the sand world bug? :(
nothing world breaking.