Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
almostluckyducky

TFC & BC small issue

17 posts in this topic

i have been pondering with ideas of mods to mix together to get a longer lasting game and even though TFC is pretty dam good it seems to concentrate on stone / survival area and once you have got to a certain stage you just seek more. i ran a few scenarios with different mods using custom NPCs to re-add recpes and make alot of them harder to run with the theme of TFC but i came across a small issue with BC. If i have BC only and add a bucket of water to a glass tank everythings ok but once TFC is added i repeat the exact same task but get a blue screen with this:

http://pastebin.com/p9f1AKG3

the way i understood it is that BC does not have an official 1.5.1 version but it is available from the github and just needs ot be compiled like this:

http://nallar.me/bui...job/Buildcraft/

But this is not a bug in BC as it works fine on its own, its only once TFC build76 HF11 is added the problem appears and only with water. Fuel, oil and other liquids work fine just not water. i can only imagine that TFC changes water somehow and that is what is cauign the problem.

any ideas???

TFC does indeed replace the vanilla water block with its own.

Go here in the vanilla code : at net.minecraft.block.BlockFluid.func_94424_b(BlockFluid.java:653)

and you can see the offending method:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

public static Icon func_94424_b(String par0Str)

{

return par0Str == "water" ? Block.waterMoving.theIcon[0] : (par0Str == "water_flow" ? Block.waterMoving.theIcon[1] : (par0Str == "lava" ? Block.lavaMoving.theIcon[0] : (par0Str == "lava_flow" ? Block.lavaMoving.theIcon[1] : null)));

}

You'll probably have to modify TFC or make a mod with a custom water block class that doesn't crash either BC or TFC.

well i have no idea how to do either so iam guessing that means BC & TFc could be a write off.. shame really as that could have been the base for a good mod setup :(

You'll probably have to modify TFC or make a mod with a custom water block class that doesn't crash either BC or TFC.

If you delete this line in RenderTank.java (a BC class)

block.texture = liquid.getRenderingIcon();
water will start flowing.

It even behaves like TFC water flowing through the pipes :)

Hmm...maybe i could port BC to TFC.

i have no idea how to do that or what i would need to do it so i would have to try to find someone to do it for me :(

After 15h of coding, i think i'm almost done porting BC to TFC.

Most of the items BC is using in the port now, are TFC items.

I had to add pistons because in TFC there are none. You can make them with Wrought Iron now.

I also added a recipe to get green dye from Olivine. It makes no sense except that olivine is green. Any other ideas? i need suggestions. Cactus is nowhere to be found, or very rare.

Imo, BC recipes do not fit very well into TFC.

Gears and Wrench could/should be made with a plan and anvil.

Cobble and diamond gears make no sense at all :)

Cobble, stone, obsidian and diamond pipes also make no sense to me.

Redpower is not the best energy source, but it's there, so it's ok for now i guess.

After i get some sleep, i will do some more thinking about making BC more TFC friendly.

TFC cactus is quite common. Based only on the recent server map I play on it seems deserts are more common in B76 too. Plus cactus is renewable.

Also it is quite easy to add your own plans with TFC's scribing table and to craft custom items using TFC's anvil. Luckily for modders, Bioxx or whoever made those classes quite accessable.

i was going to re-do all the recipes anyway to make them fit in with the style of TFC. I have custom NPC on my server and have used it already to add quite a few mod items but all i really need is that line of code removed to make it run without crashing the client / server.. i wanted to re-do the rest anyway.

TFC cactus is quite common. Based only on the recent server map I play on it seems deserts are more common in B76 too. Plus cactus is renewable.

Ok, i'll take out the olivine recipe. Made no sense anyway.

But using/cooking a cactus to make a pipe waterproof is also not feeling good.

I need a better idea.

Also it is quite easy to add your own plans with TFC's scribing table and to craft custom items using TFC's anvil. Luckily for modders, Bioxx or whoever made those classes quite accessable.

I know. That's why i'm thinking of doing a hardcore adaption to TFC, like adding copper, tin, bronze, steel, etc. pipes.

This would be the gear plan

Posted Image

This would be the wrench plan

Posted Image

Which you can only make with certain metals incorporating the TFC metal Tier levels.

A new way of making pipes waterproof. Something that makes more sense.

hmm...many things to think about :)

and considering all the changes, this would have to become it's own project, where new things that are added to BC would have to be added manually to this one.

And this should also be moved to discussion. It's not a TFC problem.

I will also have a look later today to patch this one line so you can use it in the meantime.

No, keep the olivine recipe in.

The problem with green dye is not the lack of cactus, but rather the lack of a furnace in which to cook the cactus into the dye.

Ok, here is the version with the water fix so it can run with TFC.

Download => 1.5.1_BuildCraft-3.5.0_TFC-B76.zip

And if you want to try the (almost finished) port to TFC.

Recipes use

- Any kind of TFC Wood Planks

- Any kind of TFC cobble.

- TFC Wrought Iron Ingot

- TFC Gold Ingot

- TFC Diamond Normal (normal because Flawless or Exquisite are harder to find)

- There is no furnace for Cactus cooking, so Olivine will give you green dye for the Pipe Waterproof

- Mining Well can be made with Wrought Iron Pick instead of vanilla Iron Pick

- Quarry can be made with Red/Blue Steel Pick instead of vanilla Diamond Pick

- Filler recipes can be made with any kind of TFC Brick blocks

I also added a few recipes for the needed vanilla items

- Piston can be made with TFC cobble and Wrought Iron Ingot

- Sandstone can be made with any kind of TFC sand. (needed for Sandstone Transport Pipe)

- Bucket can be made with Wrought Iron Ingot

And i think that is all for now. :)

If i missed anything, or anyone has any good ideas, let me know.

And also for BuildCraft to work with TFC Hotfix11, i had to change all Item IDs in "config\buildcraft\main.conf" from 19??? to 17???...or any other number that is not used. TFC uses many 19???, so if you get TFC armor when trying to make a wooden gear, that's the reason :)

Download => 1.5.1_BuildCraftTFC-3.5.0.b76.zip

Source => 1.5.1_BuildCraftTFC-3.5.0.b76_src.zip

This has become a new project which you can find here

BuildCraft <-> TFC Crossover Mod (WIP)

using either copy a GUI containing water (such as combustion engine ) still crashes the client once there is some water pumped inside it and gui is opened

What version are you using. The almost finished port or only the small-fixed one?

"using either copy" i tried both copies. first the hotfix one and opened a combustion engine GUI after water had been pumped into it and my client crashed. then i tried your altered copy but got the same client crash after i tried to open the same GUI on the same engine.

it work some times and sometimes not.. if i pump water into a combustion engine it works but if i add a vanilal bucket of water to it then the client crashes and it still seems you cannot fill vanilla buckets with water either from TFC rivers/ocean or from BC tanks filled with water from the TFC rivers/ocean via BC pumps :(

As it seams, i had a few problems on my computer at work, and it looks like something went south with compiling :huh:

Try it now, i tested both versions and had no problems.

Vanilla bucket also worked with lava and water on a combustion engine and tank.