Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SirAdam

Sequoia crash

8 posts in this topic

I'm aware it's probably due to an issue with memory allocation and block lag causing this problem, however since it is a crash none the less I figured I'd go ahead and post it. Everytime I chop the first block at the base of a sequoia the game crashes, once I relaunch and relog all is well until I go to another sequoia and do it again. Posted Image

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// I bet Cylons wouldn't have this problem.

Time: 5/9/13 10:09 AM

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/CallableLvl1

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72821_m(World.java:856)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72898_h(World.java:783)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72851_f(World.java:735)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72832_d(World.java:567)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.scanLogs(BlockLogNatural.java:278)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.scanLogs(BlockLogNatural.java:265)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.ProcessTree(BlockLogNatural.java:211)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.func_71893_a(BlockLogNatural.java:152)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73084_b(ItemInWorldManager.java:334)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73082_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:238)

at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72510_a(NetServerHandler.java:500)

at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet14BlockDig.func_73279_a(SourceFile:46)

at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)

at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:134)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:674)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:570)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:127)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:468)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.1

Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 173256584 bytes (165 MB) / 519110656 bytes (495 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms512M

AABB Pool Size: 5739 (321384 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 5389 (301784 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 7469, allocated: 1, tallocated: 33

FML: MCP v7.44 FML v5.1.13.629 Minecraft Forge 7.7.1.629 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active

mcp [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

TerraFirmaCraft [TerraFirmaCraft] (TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build76Hotfix15.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 1281 (71736 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1200 (67200 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['SirAdam87'/206, l='TeraNova', x=-50.93, y=152.00, z=-12803.49]]

Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Actually made a new discovery, it's not the just the logs, it's the leaves disappearing all at once that's causing the crash as well.

Might be a stack overflow from all the recursion. If you have a nice sequoia forest to play with, try adding -Xss4M to your server command line and trying to reproduce it.

i get the same crash over and over again wen I do it its the bottom left block with a stone axe and it looks like lag for a sec then it crashes and I get this message

Minecraft has crashed!

----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Exception in server tick loop

A full error report has been saved to C:UsersKaneDaDonAppDataRoamingtfcraftminecraftcrash-reportscrash-2013-05-20_21.06.41-server.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 185299b4 --------

Full report at:

C:UsersKaneDaDonAppDataRoamingtfcraftminecraftcrash-reportscrash-2013-05-20_21.06.41-server.txt

Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 5/20/13 9:06 PM

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.1

Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_17, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 350664104 bytes (334 MB) / 809172992 bytes (771 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms512M

AABB Pool Size: 5254 (294224 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 4914 (275184 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 11109, allocated: 1, tallocated: 33

FML: MCP v7.44 FML v5.1.43.679 Minecraft Forge 7.7.2.679 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active

mcp{7.44} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

FML{5.1.43.679} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Forge{7.7.2.679} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

mod_ReiMinimap{v3.3_04 [1.5.1]} [mod_ReiMinimap] ([1.5.1]ReiMinimap_v3.3_04.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

TerraFirmaCraft{Build 76 Hotfix 17} [TerraFirmaCraft] (TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build76Hotfix18.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 1247 (69832 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1197 (67032 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 1 / 8; [EntityPlayerMP['fd85drudru'/165, l='New World', x=11546.68, y=146.00, z=-12212.26]]

Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/world/CallableLvl1

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72821_m(World.java:857)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72898_h(World.java:784)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72851_f(World.java:736)

at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72832_d(World.java:568)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.scanLogs(BlockLogNatural.java:278)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.ProcessTree(BlockLogNatural.java:211)

at TFC.Blocks.BlockLogNatural.func_71893_a(BlockLogNatural.java:152)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73084_b(ItemInWorldManager.java:334)

at net.minecraft.item.ItemInWorldManager.func_73082_a(ItemInWorldManager.java:238)

at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72510_a(NetServerHandler.java:500)

at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet14BlockDig.func_73279_a(SourceFile:46)

at net.minecraft.network.MemoryConnection.func_74428_b(MemoryConnection.java:89)

at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:134)

at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:109)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:674)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:570)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71217_p(IntegratedServer.java:127)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:468)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

--- END ERROR REPORT baeee89b ----------

then I go and log back in and cut it out and its fine just the leaves stay up in the sky and I am in a sequoia forrest

This is a known bug, Bioxx is working on it.

This is a known bug, Bioxx is working on it.

Has this issue been fixed because this post is a month old and I just got this happening on my server.

I'm sure it's being worked on, but not fixed yet. Still happens periodically on my server as well.

Bonus info: It's not just stone axes, metal ones have the same issue and even slightly worse. Crash seems to happen more often and there's an exploitable aspect.

With metal axe, you get the 'break' and the right number of logs come raining down... then freeze and crash. When you log back in, the leaves and logs are there just like a stone axe... but so is most of the tree. Chop again and you've gotten roughly double the logs out of the Sequoia.

I can't stand those hanging leaves, so I climb up with ladders first and chop near the leaf line (hold shift to avoid moving on ladder while you work). Leaves pop like they should, no crashes yet. Then chop again at the base and tree pops like you'd expect, no doubles. Takes a little longer of course, but worth it.

Anyone had this happen on Kapok?

It is confirmed to be fixed for build 77. So you just have to wait until then.

The crash is mostly caused from the fact that the sequoia trunk stops right at the base of the leaves, and does not travel all the way up. This causes the majority of the leaves to need to disappear as they are out of range of a log as soon as any nearby block updates. All of these leaves are then trying to check to see if there is a log nearby so they can stay, and the game crashes. This has been fixed by extending the trunk higher up into the tree, and changing the way leaves check if they need to despawn.

Until build 77 is released, I suggest only chopping down sequoias that have smaller leaf areas above the trunk. It's also best to climb a ladder up the side of the trunk and punch the layer of leaves right above the trunk. If the area of leaves is too big, the game will crash. However, since the log and ladders are still intact you won't have any randomly floating leaves all over your forest. Once the leaves are gone, you can happily chop away at your sequoia without fear of crashing.