Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bihlbo

Is there "good dirt"?

27 posts in this topic

When I first started, I was near some peat and the dirt I found was very dark. "Nice," I thought, "crops will grow great in this." But I haven't found anything that told me if that is true or not, and I'm still getting started enough that I've yet to grow a plant to maturity so I can't compare.

Is there any way to tell how nutritious the dirt is for crops? I read somewhere that a hoe can tell you, but my hoe just makes farmland. Is pale dirt as good as dark dirt?

The color of dirt is directly based on the type of rock that is in the first layer below it. I'm not sure if different dirts have different base nutrient contents though. To find the nutrient content you need at least a metal hoe, and it must be in the nutrient mode. Modes can be changed using the hot-key chosen in the options menu.

-puts on overly cocney accent -

ya canneva go wrong wif a noice bit o durt, specoly tha' real duhty durt, tha' kind o durt tha's jus' posi'ively filfey. tha's som good durt there.

ya canneva go wrong wif a noice bit o durt, specoly tha' real duhty durt, tha' kind o durt tha's jus' posi'ively filfey. tha's som good durt there.

Who is supposed to understand written dialects??? :blink:;)

Who is supposed to understand written dialects??? :blink:/> ;)/>

it's not too hard, but you have to get the hang of the accents and read it phonetically.

Am I mistaken in thinking this was a Monty Python thing? Anyway, hillarious!

it's not too hard, but you have to get the hang of the accents and read it phonetically.

So: "Dös is a hundsfozige Saurei, wenn I die Saubuam erwische tua ..." Makes sense to you? ,-)

Sorry, but english is not my native language. If it is Monthy Python, I get the point (slowly). :)

nope, not monty python, just something from the unholy depths of my mind

The unholy depths of your mind has a cockney accent? o_0

The unholy depths of your mind has a cockney accent? o_0

oh it has all kinds of weird things, strange accents, oddly flavoured puddings, amber crayons, demonic little vampires, vast glistening pools of madness, stripe'd worms... the list goes on and on...

oh it has all kinds of weird things, strange accents, oddly flavoured puddings, amber crayons, demonic little vampires, vast glistening pools of madness, stripe'd worms... the list goes on and on...

well, have fun with that :)

So: "Dös is a hundsfozige Saurei, wenn I die Saubuam erwische tua ..." Makes sense to you? ,-)

Sorry, but english is not my native language. If it is Monthy Python, I get the point (slowly). :)/>

English is a headache when it comes to things like that. I only speak English (I know a little Spanish, but that doesn't really count) and there are a lot of things that induce homicidal rage when trying to convey information.... there, their, they're, anyone? biweekly is a pain too, it is defined as twice a week AND every two weeks...

English is a headache when it comes to things like that. I only speak English (I know a little Spanish, but that doesn't really count) and there are a lot of things that induce homicidal rage when trying to convey information.... there, their, they're, anyone? biweekly is a pain too, it is defined as twice a week AND every two weeks...

Homonyms (to, too, two) are pretty easy if you understand the grammar and what each one means.

Also, not to nit-pick, but bi-weekly only means every two weeks. Twice a week would be semi-weekly.

Can we just stay on the language topic? I'm afraid if someone tries to segue back to the original topic we'll have to start talking about expletives.

As mentioned above, the colour of the dirt does not matter.

The colour of grass does, but. At least as far as I remember from one of the linked videos of the wiki. The more saturated, the better the farmland should be.

On the other hand, I am in a region with high saturated green grass. And my hoe gives me less nutrition values than in a less saturated area, where my first base was.

For the long run ... once you have 3 or 4 farmplots sized 9x9 you'll have enough food for a single player.

Can we just stay on the language topic? I'm afraid if someone tries to segue back to the original topic we'll have to start talking about expletives.

oh well you're no fun

The @#$% you say?!?!

Actually, I though that it was a reference to Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire. The character "Mole" speaks with said accent...

I'm a sucker for anything involving Micheal J. Fox... lol.

Still a decent movie regardless

Actually, I though that it was a reference to Disney's Atlantis: The Lost Empire. The character "Mole" speaks with said accent...

I'm a sucker for anything involving Micheal J. Fox... lol.

Still a decent movie regardless

oh, that wasn't water in that canteen, it's nitroglycerin!

That's just so wrong. No language should be allowed to that. All the other languages should refuse to talk to English until it cleans up its act.

heh, not only does english borrow words from other languages, it chases them down a dark alley, beats them over the head, and then goes through their pockets

I stand corrected by the almighty Dunk. :D

heh, not only does english borrow words from other languages, it chases them down a dark alley, beats them over the head, and then goes through their pockets

That's a misquote of James Nicholl, if I'm not mistaken.

That's a misquote of James Nicholl, if I'm not mistaken.

probably, i had no clue what that quote was frm when i first saw it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0