Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theJalden

Stamina and Sleep that Work

6 posts in this topic

I made these suggestions not too long ago in the early game overhaul thread, and I thought they didn't really fit in, and they are items that deserve more focus.

Stamina:

Suggested many times, though not implemented directly because hunger/thirst represent the mechanic. But I find they do a pretty poor job. There are two types of strength, endurance and short bursts of high energy. Food/thirst do an adequate job representing the former, but a new mechanic is needed for he latter.

I propose that stamina is a new bar, perhaps just above health in the color yellow. It would work by draining over labor intensive activities, i.e. sprinting, jumping/swimming, and various aspects of combat. It would recharge quickly, no more than 10 seconds I think, but here is the catch: The maximum stamina is capped by the level of hunger. So, if you are at 80% hunger, stamina can only recharge to 80%. This makes the actual hunger level more relevant, because as it stands being at 25% hunger has the same effect as being at 100% hunger (being full).

I'm not so partial on the math, the relationship doesn't need to be 1-1. Maximum Stamina could also be related to health and thirst

Sleeping:

It is excruciatingly boring to stay up the whole night just waiting for dawn. Furthermore, beds do not become available in the game until after the invention of the saw in this new update. Being able to skip the boring parts would make this game far more engaging. Sleeping should be immediately available, and for the people on SMP, completely optional, generating no ill effects if you get no sleep.

Dirt bed: This one is easy, you can lie down and sleep by right clicking any area with an empty hand that is two blocks long, the time is after sunset, and has enough light. The dirt bed is removed after waking up, there are no benefits, it simply skips the night. The purpose of the light is to ward away wild animals.

Grass Bed: In my last thread I suggested being able to pick up grass, this was one of the functions I proposed for it. The grass bed functions like a normal bed, it saves the spawn after sleeping in it, and skips the night.

Recipe: C = wool cloth, G = grass

_ _ _

C C C

G G G

Regular bed: Same construction and function, perhaps some health benefits.

you should be able to pick up grass by cutting it with a knife, to make the grass bed

Since your bed ideas are pretty similar to the ones I've already posted you could try talking about bed options here:

You know, avoiding clutter and all.

^^ Hey Bihlbo, sorry, normally I do check for posts like this. These were really just some ideas that I had that didn't really "fit" with my Early Game Overhaul suggestion. I don't get the vibe that you are mad at me though.

Since your bed ideas are pretty similar to the ones I've already posted you could try talking about bed options here:

http://terrafirmacra...primitive-beds/

You know, avoiding clutter and all.

^^ Hey Bihlbo, sorry, normally I do check for posts like this. These were really just some ideas that I had that didn't really "fit" with my Early Game Overhaul suggestion. I don't get the vibe that you are mad at me though.

I don't think he was having a go at you, just suggesting that bed talk could be talked about under his thread, as it is dedicated to beds, as well as to keep all the bed talk under one thread to keep it all nice a neat :D

I don't think he was having a go at you, just suggesting that bed talk could be talked about under his thread, as it is dedicated to beds, as well as to keep all the bed talk under one thread to keep it all nice a neat :D

Yes this!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0