Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Demon Yajuu

Lag issues regarding FPS

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been watching generikB's videos on TFC and i wanted to play it.

I saw his instalation guide and got myself the lancher and optifine.

But unfortunatly i got amazing lag.

After checking this guide:

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/3966-guide-fixing-lag-and-improving-framerate/

And doing some experimentations on optifine i was able to get 30-80 fps on tiny.

Although i was getting good fps on tiny, if i started moving my fps would then drop to 0 and chunk load to 0 as well, like the game just stops. So if i try to play the game it becomes laggy as hell basicly.

The only thing i couldn't do on that guide was checking the java version im using although i believe it's a 64 bits, the guide doesn't say how i am able to find and fix this on windows 7.

----

I am using windows 7

I have Inter core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00GHz processor

8GB RAM and 64 OS.

----

if you need more information to help me fix this problem please ask. Thank you

alright check your "programs and functions" thingie in your control panel (should be an option by clicking on the start menu) scroll down until you find java, otherwise there should be some sort of java check on the site you downloaded it from (the company is oracle) but i feel you. My minecraft lags like hell too no matter what i do, and i have a i5 540M duo 2.66Ghz and the same ram and OS as you, heck my video card alone should be enough for it. but it lags like hell anyway.

I have the same problem. While playing rigth after 10 min ~~ the game start to frozen about 10 sec every 10 sec.

I check programs and functions and see java and now? i mean it works and consume about 1gb of space but not use all of the CPU.

Then in the launcher I see and option for use more ram (default : 1024) so i Changed it to other value and the JVM crashed.

Here I post a SS (Note: I use a .bat to run the launcher)

http://imgur.com/d4wyRFa

You probably have java 32bit, which can't handle more RAM.

Try it with java 64bit.

You probably have java 32bit, which can't handle more RAM.

Try it with java 64bit.

I have Java 7 (64 bit). Totally updated.

alright check your "programs and functions" thingie in your control panel (should be an option by clicking on the start menu) scroll down until you find java, otherwise there should be some sort of java check on the site you downloaded it from (the company is oracle) but i feel you. My minecraft lags like hell too no matter what i do, and i have a i5 540M duo 2.66Ghz and the same ram and OS as you, heck my video card alone should be enough for it. but it lags like hell anyway.

So i went to the java control panel and the about and i have version 7 update 21.

Is there anyway to check if i am using 100% java 64 bits on minecraft?

So i went to the java control panel and the about and i have version 7 update 21.

Is there anyway to check if i am using 100% java 64 bits on minecraft?

Simple test that should work:

In the Launcher, click options, set your minimum and maximum memory options to higher values. Minimum 2048, Max 4096 for example. Click OK and Login.

If the Launcher closes and nothing happens, then you're running in 32-bit Java.

If the Launcher closes and Minecraft opens, then you're running in 64-bit Java.

32-bit Java can't handle the higher settings. I think technically it throws an error back to the Launcher, but the Launcher either doesn't catch it or is closed by the time JVM responds. So to the user, it just closes and nothing happens.

i am using 64 bits then, i was using 4096 and 2048.

So what do you think the lag problem is?

Out of decent ideas here. Delving into the realm of crazy old man ideas...

I used to have a similar issue back in the pre-Launcher TFC days, but that was related to the audio somehow. Anytime it had to load a new sound, I'd get sudden and prolonged lag spikes. So first time I heard a cow Moo, I'd get 5-10s pause. Then as soon as he ate grass, another 5-10s. Punch grass, 5-10s while that sound loads and plays. The pause was always immediately followed by the sound. Eventually updated the LWJGL files used by Minecraft and problem went away.

But If I recall correctly, the Launcher checks and updates LWJGL on a Force Update now? At work, so can't confirm that. Going from memory and I'm old enough to find that unreliable.

If you want to try the LWJGL approach, there are details on the Minecraft Wiki about LWJGL updating.

ltipacs, you should create a thread of your own since that is not my problem, my game only has low fps issues.

Temujen, i will wait for other people to give their feedback, what you said is probably not the cause since i get lag when chunks need to load due to me moving (although there can be more problems).

------------UPDATE---------------

Ok so i had everything on fast, but i made lots of things become fancy so the graphics card is used more then the cpu.

Now i can play on tiny with a steady 20 fps and on normal with 5-10 fps..

So i can now play the game but still not good enougth for what my pc can do.

Any ideias on fancy vs performance issues so i can get the best of both?