Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MDub

Vanilla horses?

16 posts in this topic

I tried out 1.6.2 today, and played around with the horses, and while I was dinking around I suddenly had the image of me in steel armor riding a black steed slaying those damn bronze clad skeles... So the obvious question is... do we get a craftable saddle and vanilla horses in the future and will I be able to fight from them!? The leather working stuff seems to lend itself well to making saddles. I don't really know much about how its made in reality, but I think they are made by assembling the leather on a type of jig, or a stand with like slanted edges or something. Maybe this type of stand could be implemented in game as a block like the anvil, requiring a number of finished leather and perhaps some type of button deal made from teir 0 metals (buttons + hammer + leather)? The Then the standard vanilla experience with horses. Find a herd of them, tame, pen with a lead made from rope, and have a bitchin ride :D

-After thought-About the fighting... perhaps we could get a lance or something similar (possible spear variant?) to use while mounted.

it's confirmed that the simply horses mod will be included in terrafirmacraft, for the lance i don't like, you can use spear for this (but maybe introducing metal spears?)

I would have thought just building off of the horses in vanilla 1.6.2 would be easier than integrating, or offering compatability with another mod. As for the lances, I dont care what you want to call them, pointy stick on horseback is pointy stick on horseback lol. I just hope I get to slay mobs while on the horse.

I would have thought just building off of the horses in vanilla 1.6.2 would be easier than integrating, or offering compatability with another mod. As for the lances, I dont care what you want to call them, pointy stick on horseback is pointy stick on horseback lol. I just hope I get to slay mobs while on the horse.

Simpy horse is a mod born of is own but then it became a terrafirmacraft addon (so are yet compatible )... so it's builded off the horses in vanilla .. but in vanilla now they have some stupid mechanism ..

taming horses in the simply horses mod in more believable than in vanilla...

but you can also use a sword to slay mobs

HAH, yeah no, i sincerely hope that vanilla horse-aligators are removed and replaced with some manner of decent equine creature of TFC quality

HAH, yeah no, i sincerely hope that vanilla horse-aligators are removed and replaced with some manner of decent equine creature of TFC quality

aligators? wait... that remembers me of a topic in an other mod forum (btw)...

I was hoping we would get alligators AND horses... now I'm bummed.

seriously though, the models for horses are completely ridiculous!!!! I mean FFS mojang/DrZhark! Those models are just pitiful

Horses will be reworked for TFC.

The possibility of riding the horse didn't seem that exciting, but making the horse equipment and taming is got me excited. With the new metallurgy, the bit mold could only need one or two small ores to fill it. You'd have to cut the leather into strips by using the leather 'knapping' interface. We definitely need a new saddle with stirrups and things, because the in-game model looks much better then the saddle did on the pig

The taming would have to do something with getting the horse accustomed to seeing th player nearby, with it being totally accustomed when it's been seeing the player it's entire life

Then making it accept a rider would take a while of wearing chests to get used to the weight on its back, starting with a little to a lot of wight, because TFCraft adds weight to each item with the tooltip.

Then getting used to being controlled would take a while, with the horse bucking or throwing the rider

The combat part? Flailing hooves do a lot of damage in real life. A hoof can crush a skull, easy. When you jump on the horse, it flails its hooves, that could damage a mob

I'm sorry if it seems a bit complicated. I'm just a bit excited about the prospect of realistic horses.

oh, and for metal spears, will be added in build 77, just checked the commit log

Where in the commits did you see metal spears? I'm running the latest commit and from what I've seen they don't exist.

it's not spears, it's metal javelins, it was added

To clear things up, b77 does not include simply horses.

The creator of simply horses has offered her skills to help make NEW horses specifically for TFC.

I began work on the model the other day, you can check it out:

Posted Image

That looks great Dunkleosteus! :)

Seems to me to be a little complicated.  One thing I like about minecraft is that it abstracts real animals.  It doesn't need to look realistic, it just needs to represent the animal to an extent.  This horse doesn't really mesh with the vanilla animals.

On the other hand you have been reworking the other animal models, so it may work with that...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0