Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mileaos2

water problem idea

5 posts in this topic

you should not be able to pick up water source blocks with any buckets.

better buckets can carry more water.

only way of moving infinite water sources should be any types of pumps (archimedes screw for example)

as long the pump is in action, it generates a new water source block at a new position. (it needs an normal sourceblock to pump it upwarts ofc)

would it be possible to change the picked up water based on the biome?

so you only get saltwater from water in an ocean biome.

fresh water from river biomes.

clear water from underground spring/ lake

dirty water from small, still water puddles on the surface.

ocean water, river water and spring water should be infinitife.

clear water provides the most thirst  replenishment.

freshwater a bit fewer.

normal water has normal thirst replenishment

dirty water replenish some thirst but should make sick in some way

saltwater increases thirst

you can cook dirty water in a jug or metal bucket to make it better drinkable.

when you boil saltwater a while, you get some salt (cooking, food preversation)

in order to get drinking water in ocean biomes, you could place crucibles, bowls, vessels and stuff empty, without an ceiling. when it rains, those containers could fill up.

snow should be smeltable in ceramic jug or vessel

when you place water yourself, it should not be changed to the biome specific one.

but when you place water at or above dirt, it gets dirty over time. (so you have to place your water in stone cisterns)

Edited by Mileaos2

Well i believe that it could work, esspecially the first part of your post. This would still cause additional metadata to be added to the bottle though.

"

when you place water yourself, it should not be changed to the biome specific one.

but when you place water at or above dirt, it gets dirty over time. (so you have to place your water in stone cisterns)

"

im not sure about that though? are you trying to say that water when placed will keep it's data given from when it was picked up?

Besides from that, i guess this could work, and could also cause a "water trade" to appear on servers, as not all people would have access to fresh/ clear water......

Occasionally I could see someone wondering why the water from a swamp isn't salty but the water from the ocean biome right beside it is. Other than that this sounds like an easy and simple way of finally adding saltwater and making thirst an actual concern. 

Right now thirst is more an annoying thing you have to deal with once in a while than an actual survival mechanic. ((For example I usually stand in 1 block of water while knapping or molding clay XD))

yeah, i do the same.

or while i waiting for day

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0