Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hyena Grin

Pottery: Static Positioning

6 posts in this topic

Being able to place pottery on the ground like mini chests is great, I love it. But the fact that they spin brings up way too many memories of oldschool video games where objects would spin around on the ground to get your attention.How about placing them like signs, so they always orient to face an approximate angle toward the player?

I'd like to be able to have shelves of pottery that aren't spinning. It's a minor cosmetic thing, but it'd make me happy.

(Could probably preserve the spinning mechanic by making shift-placing the object spin, if people appreciate the eye-catching nature of spinning pottery)

I agree completely..... the spinning seems unnecessary and peculiar.

Actually, in Fast graphics mode, it already does this. If you have optifine, you can set the vanilla setting to fast and individually toggle all the vanilla details to fancy, leaving pottery in fast since there's no option to tell it otherwise.

And what about making clay vessels into mini-chests. With their own 3D model and that act like normal chest.

Thanks for the heads up Veelay, that does look good. I would rather see the 3D pseudo-sprite placed like a sign than an always-facing sprite, but it's still an improvement.

And Euphoric, yeah I thought of that also. Just fashion a fully three dimensional pot and plunk it into the world. I can't think of a reason not to do this, but perhaps there is.

And what about making clay vessels into mini-chests. With their own 3D model and that act like normal chest.

Thanks for the heads up Veelay, that does look good. I would rather see the 3D pseudo-sprite placed like a sign than an always-facing sprite, but it's still an improvement.

And Euphoric, yeah I thought of that also. Just fashion a fully three dimensional pot and plunk it into the world. I can't think of a reason not to do this, but perhaps there is.

I think it would look awsome too, and esspecially with the model dunk has already made, but if you read the following thread, dunk states that Bioxx doesn't want 3D models....read more for the whole story

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4456-pottery-is-awesome-but-i-have-to-question-a-few-decisions/?hl=items

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0