Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xazo-Tak

Forgotten Beasts

18 posts in this topic

Since the most complicated stuff is first made by modders, not Mojang, I guess the only chance of Forgotten Beasts getting into Minecraft is to start with mods.

Aaand I spent a huge amount of time making a rather complete explanation for the creation of them.

Sure, it looks (And no doubt is) obscenely hard to make, but there are big parts that can be omitted without any issues.

IMO, blobs, since they're not really beastlike and require a load of extra code; and hydra-dragon sun-blotting godbeast.

I've gone much along the same path as have you, logically, in theorizing how to practically program a dynamic system to generate such creatures. I love the idea. The variety of flora, fauna, and foes, as well as the AI, are large parts of what I love about DF. Bioxx et al have done a phenomenal job bringing a lot of the variety and meaningful gameplay into TFC; figuring a way to add something like Forgotten Beasts would be fantastic.

Great detailed proposal. 

Posted Image

==============

no no no, all wrong, that's a wereass, not a forgotten assbeast!

Forgotten beasts are one of the coolest parts of Dwarf Fortress. I'd love to see an enemy more challenging then the zombies and stuff, although I'm more partial to more mundane stuff like mountain lions, bears, and more aggressive "passive" mobs like wild boars instead of pigs. Personally I'd like to see a toning down of the undead altogether (only appear under certain conditions, like in DF), and beef up the strength and numbers of wildlife.

Forgotten beasts are one of the coolest parts of Dwarf Fortress. I'd love to see an enemy more challenging then the zombies and stuff, although I'm more partial to more mundane stuff like mountain lions, bears, and more aggressive "passive" mobs like wild boars instead of pigs. Personally I'd like to see a toning down of the undead altogether (only appear under certain conditions, like in DF), and beef up the strength and numbers of wildlife.

===============

The undead thing is actually planned, they're going to be moved down to underground crypts and such. Wild animals will take their place.

I understand that you want to add this, and you've worked hard, but I just want to say, I don't think this is the best mod to suggest it to. I don't think it fits into the 'believable' category here. And I don't see what it would add to the gameplay of TFCraft. boss-type mobs just seem unnecessary.

I understand that you want to add this, and you've worked hard, but I just want to say, I don't think this is the best mod to suggest it to. I don't think it fits into the 'believable' category here. And I don't see what it would add to the gameplay of TFCraft. boss-type mobs just seem unnecessary.

It's miniboss type, which is completely different.

No big lead up, doesn't really have a minimum time it should take to beat, and can be spammed.

I haven't tested to see if it is compatible, but Infernal Mobs by AtomicStryker doesn't add random appearances, but it does add random NBT powers and slightly better loot to some mobs that serve as minibosses. 1 in 20 zombies might have regeneration or teleportation or something else that will throw you off. Depending on what tags a mob gets you can either laugh it off or watch a sheep go Super Saiyan.

Grimoire of Gaia 2 is also interesting and truly kicked my ass in PvE but the creator is busy doing college stuff and the mod hasn't updated in a while.

Baby zombie that will teleport inside your shack? Nope. Double nope.

Baby zombie that will teleport inside your shack? Nope. Double nope.

======================

Forgotten Beasts wouldn't be something stupid like that, they'd be procedurally generated, unique monsters. They'd be much more dangerous and deadly than a teleporting baby zombie!

======================

Forgotten Beasts wouldn't be something stupid like that, they'd be procedurally generated, unique monsters. They'd be much more dangerous and deadly than a teleporting baby zombie!

I was referring to the previous post about Infernal Mobs.

I was referring to the previous post about Infernal Mobs.

But you could still get a beast almost exactly like that.

Zombie body, teleport ability, green colour, skin, small size.

It would be a naked baby zombie, but who cares, it's totally messed up anyway.

nope, not the right mod for this

because i think, legendary beasts arent in the tfc theme

I don't necessarily think that there isn't a place for a mod that works with TFC that includes "less believable" elements in it.  Just that it's something that needs to be entirely a mod, and not discussed in a way and a place that suggests that it should be part of TFC proper.  Perhaps take it over to the AddOns forum?

because i think, legendary beasts arent in the tfc theme

Despite the fact that the very beasts I speak of come from what TFC revolves around?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0