Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tehblooper

Body temperature

7 posts in this topic

In TFC i think body temperature would add some more realism to the game. Like in the winter or when you are in a cold biome you can get cold and get frostbite or hypothermia and to stay warm you need to be near a fire or wear leather this would give leather a use and people would strive to get it instead of skipping over it and going straight to metal armor. Wearing metal armor in winter can make you cold faster. Then in the summer or in the desert you can get heat stroke if out in the sun for to long. wearing nothing in your best choice to stay cool or swim in water. Wearing metal or leather can just make you much hotter. 

This has been talked about and I believe some resemblance is getting implemented in either 78 or at least very soon.

In TFC i think body temperature would add some more realism to the game. Like in the winter or when you are in a cold biome you can get cold and get frostbite or hypothermia and to stay warm you need to be near a fire or wear leather this would give leather a use and people would strive to get it instead of skipping over it and going straight to metal armor. Wearing metal armor in winter can make you cold faster. Then in the summer or in the desert you can get heat stroke if out in the sun for to long. wearing nothing in your best choice to stay cool or swim in water. Wearing metal or leather can just make you much hotter. 

well, having clothing is actually better than not wearing anything in hot places, because you can get sunburn, and you'll lose moisture a lot faster. linen clothing would be nice, crafted with wool cloth or string/(spider)silk also, Because the armor thing can kill you (you wear no armor to not over heat, and get killed by a hostile mob), I think clothing worn under armor could be nice too. you can wear wool underclothes under your iron armor in the winter, and linen/silk clothes under your armor under armor in the summer so you can get protection without freezing/overheating

Also warm air inside buildings with heating will be great.

I mean burning a fireplace inside a house makes all house warm and stuff. And if there are holes in walls the whole house will become colder, you know.

This has been suggested and will be implemented for build 78

A lot of things are still left to be coded in b78. This is not one of them. It's been months since I added body temperature. It's pretty basic for the time being, but it adds a much needed balance to the game. Players were living close to the equator because it allowed them to farm year round and they never had to deal with snow. Living in climates that are too cold or hot will eventually kill you, although you can combat it. Being near a source of heat like a fire or forge can warm you in the cold climates (as well as wearing leather armour for when you move around) and you can sit in water when you're hot to cool off. Additionally, sprinting and breaking blocks makes you warmer, so in the cold this can help warm you up, but in the heat running around can kill you. Just makes for a more interesting game.

At the moment, heat levels are expressed through personal chat, such as "you feel comfortable", "you feel chilled", or "you feel warm". Bioxx has expressed a desire to re-implement it through a GUI, but no progress towards that has been made so far.

I like it, adding it to the GUI would be nice though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0