Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
akbalox

Raiders and Thieves

11 posts in this topic

I've said this somewere in the past, Thieves and Raiders are what I dream to see in TFC someday!

It's a little creepy, but fact is that after humans passed the stone age, in general, most of the danger are other humans, once they're decided to steal your stuff and kill you, you're prety sure endangered!

so, about the Idea, It's a big raiding group spawning near the player base, there's 2 different mobs.

Raider: armed whith a bow or javelin, capable of breaking and placing soft blocks to build a path and reach to the chests, capable of storing 9 stacks of stolen items (1 row of inventory)

Thieves:armed with swords, always wear at least 1 piece of armour, thieves track chests or the player (nearer one), can steal up to 4 stacks of items

they get the stuff out of your chests, when they are full of stolen stuff they start to run of the player (dream of they runing away and building theyr own base and stuff...NO.NPC.RULE.APPLIED...) so, maybe they just keep hanging around like animals...

**Really lookink forward for B78, waiting anxiously**;P

The developers hate NPCs :)

Yes, even though its a cool idea the TFC developers say they will never add NPCs.

Just reskin zombies and skeletons into raiders? 

. . . come to think of it, is bonemeal even used for stuff in TFC?

Well, I don't think this counts as an NPC.

Sounds more like a human-looking hostile mob that steals stuff

I like it... But what on earth should we do if they attack us and break through our thatch house when we aren't even in the bronze age?

I think the breaking/placing blocks is a bit too op, unless they appear say, after you go to the bronze/iron age or something

I'm purely against this, for it would make TFC stressful instead of enjoyable

They come for your chests, so is possible they don't appear during the stone age, wile you're keeping stuff in vessels,

about the becoming stressful, I agree with you, maybe if they appear with certain predictability, like only in full moons or pitchblack nights,  or even only in pitchblack nights during the winter or all of this factors buid up the probability of your base being raided that night  (this would make only 2 or 3 raids/year) .

as you say would be terribly annoyng to play if you're being raided at all the time

Still I don't like it, if you wanna get raided go to a server and get your stuff unclaimed ;)

I know you're against NPCs, but I'd really love something a little more believable than the monsters currently available. I think they don't fit well. Dangerous animals, as well as maybe just marauders, simply a person who is equipped only slightly well, who attacks you on sight, but does little else. 

I think enemies that could attack you would be cool, but not ones that steal. 

I do have to say though, I kinda hope someone creates an add-on that allows for tribes of people to show up, nothing too advanced (we don't want to make it so you can just raid to get ahead), but that still are decent for trading, and for atmosphere. 

I know you're against NPCs, but I'd really love something a little more believable than the monsters currently available. I think they don't fit well. Dangerous animals, as well as maybe just marauders, simply a person who is equipped only slightly well, who attacks you on sight, but does little else. 

I think enemies that could attack you would be cool, but not ones that steal. 

I do have to say though, I kinda hope someone creates an add-on that allows for tribes of people to show up, nothing too advanced (we don't want to make it so you can just raid to get ahead), but that still are decent for trading, and for atmosphere. 

--

I'm not against the NPCs, the developers are, and... what I don't like is the risk of loosing stuff... On singleplayer? I don't think so. For the future, Dunk has stated he is including wild animals to replace the monsters, that will live underground in future versions. And at last, if you want raiders, look for the mod CustomNPCs... those are pretty good.

For those of you who are confused, NPCs refer to any and all human mobs. To quote the OP in Do Not Post the Following Suggestions

NPCs
There are plenty of things that NPCs could be used for in TFC but none of your reasons are good enough for me to want to have to add NPCs to the equation on top of everything else. Whats that? Your idea IS good enough? No its not.

Once TFC leaves beta and we have in place an easy way for others to create mods targeted at TFC and you want NPCs then by all means add them. It is not and will not be a focus of our development.