Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
oxxyjoe

Placing an Ingot on the ground causing Duplication

4 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, I did not encounter this bug myself. I signed up with a server and uploaded the TFCraft files for my friends. (Unfortunately, we do not have available slots for other players, as of yet. And I am still getting a feel of how many slots a server can handle with a certain amount of ram).

Today a friend was turning a 400% bloom into iron ingots. Afterward, she put the ingots on the ground in the shift-click fashion. The fourth one remained in her inventory and seemed not to go onto the ground. She continued to try to place it. Moments later, the stack was full. She decided to see how many ingots she could produce doing this. about 570, apparently. Even though I was not there, there is no reason for them to have the ability to create 500 ingots WITHOUT a bug. I mean, we JUST created a bloomery as of yesterday. I have no idea what caused this, and I also wonder if it only has the potential to happen in multiplayer or not.

Posted Image

I'm going to need more information than a screenshot of a ingot piles to track down this bug. You say that she got the buggy ingot from working a 400% bloom? Were all of the ingots cooled completely and stacked together? Or did she have each ingot in an individual slot on her hotbar when she was placing them? Am I correct in interpreting that it was a single buggy ingot that could simply be placed repeatedly? Was she placing this buggy ingot onto flat ground, or adding it to existing piles? Does this ingot behave different in any other situation (Can it be placed in chests for example?) If she still has the buggy ingot, see if it's only buggy for her, or if other players can place it down multiple times as well. Also look to see if there is any distinguishing data on the ingot that makes it different from the non-buggy ones. Damage Values, ItemID, NBT Data, etc.

I need to be able to reproduce the bug, before I can fix it.

She tried placing the 4th ingot (from the bloom) after they had all cooled of course, on the stack that had 3 on it already. And she threw the ingot onto the ground by pressing q after all of this, and says it immediately disappeared instead of laying on the ground like any other dropped item would. Perhaps it is a server bug in vanilla MC to keep an item in inventory though placed, I'm not sure.p.s. a very minor bug, a zombie dropped a vanilla iron shovel. (it does not say wrought).

p.s. a very minor bug, a zombie dropped a vanilla iron shovel. (it does not say wrought).

Vanilla iron swords too.