Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
puxapuak

78.6 A couple possible bugs (spawning and surface ore gen)

8 posts in this topic

I was generating a few test worlds this morning using 78.6 and ran into some things that might be bugs, might not. Thought I'd put them out there to see what others have experienced.

Name: Ocean Spawning

Description: It's once again possible to spawn underwater and in the middle of oceans.

Comments:

In 4 out of 7 worlds I've generated so far today I spawned underwater. Two were near shorelines but two were in the middle of nowhere deep in the ocean where I barely made it to the surface before dying. I believe this was a bug in the old world gen that was fixed a long time ago, but it appears to have been reintroduced with this new world gen. It's surely coincidence that I happened to get a bunch in a cluster, but it shouldn't really happen regardless.

Name: Surface ores not spawning

Description: Surface ore-rocks are now extremely rare even around near-surface ore veins.

Comments:

Again this might be coincidence, but in those worlds I generated today that were not water-locked, running around for one full day on each world (except the waterworlds) I only found 6 poppable small ores. That's six ores total from ALL the worlds combined; 4 tetrahedrite on one of the worlds, and another world had 2 sphalerites. It used to be you'd run around on any world you generate and you'd find rocks that pop ores pretty quickly... not the case any more? I should add that I did find near-surface veins on some of these worlds visible in the sides of hills and such, but nearby surface rocks were just rocks, no ore.

What are others' experience with newly generated worlds? I'll be testing a few more after I get back from work, and it may be that I just got a few really unlucky spawns today, but thought it worth asking around to see if this was an inadvertently introduced problem.

The ocean spawning is anoying, it might be a side effect of correcting the spawning in trees.

for the surface ore, I did not notice anything special. I do not remember if rocks used to spawn in deserts, but they do not now, and it's a bit disapointing as desert is full of sand and hopefully, rocks.

Surface ore rate seems normal to me so far (2 worlds).  Pure sand deserts didn't have rocks before either - the fringe areas where it's very low rainfall, but not yet pure sand do though.

Notified Bioxx of the ocean spawning and added it to the list.

So after I got home from work I generated a bunch more worlds and flew around in them in creative. I am quite sure that nuggets are not spawning like they should. The largest concentration of surface nuggets I've found in a cluster is 4. In about twenty worlds now I've only seen two copper nuggets and about five tetrahedrite. Something definitely appears to have happened in the change from stone cube blocks to poppable rock and ore items.

I too have noticed that ore doesn't seem to be as common. Me and my friend play on a server, and in our 77 world, I was able to make a full set of copper tools before an ingame week was out. Now it is taking forever to find enough copper for one tool, though I have seen more near-surface ores in the worlds I have generated.

In my first B77.6 world, I noticed that even rocks were pretty few and far between...  May simply be a seed issue.

Perhaps the surface ore generation was nerfed a bit to compensate for being able to spot them visually, and perhaps that nerf is too significant. In the meantime, I'd recommend using a gold pan to quickly aquire small ores.