Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
InfectedOctopus

Pheasents Not Breeding

11 posts in this topic

Alright so. I've been playing and scouting out pheasents for such a long time and finally found a male + female. But I can't seem to breed them? I've used pumpkin seeds and those didn't work so i cheated in other types of seeds to test and /nothing/ works. I even layed a hen box down even though I knew they wouldn't be attracted to it.

Can someone help me?

Pheasants, as of yet, cannot breed. They are like deer. You can pluck them or kill them for feathers, kill them for meat and bones, but they cannot breed as of yet and will not lay eggs. This is not a glitch. If you want to breed poltry, find chickens.

How do you pluck pheasants or chickens? last time i tried it i killd the poor bird...

do it only once, they take half the mob's health each time you pluck them and get one feather. Or just kill them for many more

Should be only 5 HP for every pluck as of the latest TFC version... I think. So some 3 plucks is still safe.

I'm not so sure about bringing chickens home if you happen to be 10k away from the equator.... chickens only spawn in jungles. Good luck with that.

I'm not sure why people keep saying that chicken only spawn near equator or in jungles.

I currently have a save that is absolutely infested with chickens and I'm in plains at like 6000 blocks from 0 0.

Literally every play through I've had so far, there have been chickens.

Graphite on the other hand.....

If I'm not mistaken, 6000 is quite near the equator. At around 30k you'll nothing but wish a for a damn bird (or a few months ago, anyway, that was the case). Still remember guys from my old server travelling ks and ks trying to find them.

By the way, can someone inform me of the current animal situation? Any problems breeding, or the sort?

6,000 is indeed relatively close to the equator, considering that the average seed has a spawn around 12-15,000.

There shouldn't be any more problems with animal breeding. Horses should have been fixed with 78.17 so that they no longer breed on their own, and all the other animals that can be bred, should be breeding properly. It was also fixed so that the animals only consume 5oz of the grain when breeding, so you don't have to worry about cutting it up into itty bitty pieces before feeding it to animals.

6,000 is indeed relatively close to the equator, considering that the average seed has a spawn around 12-15,000.

There shouldn't be any more problems with animal breeding. Horses should have been fixed with 78.17 so that they no longer breed on their own, and all the other animals that can be bred, should be breeding properly. It was also fixed so that the animals only consume 5oz of the grain when breeding, so you don't have to worry about cutting it up into itty bitty pieces before feeding it to animals.

Wow I must have some insane luck so, out of 6 games, and multiple servers I've been on (ones with unalterated spawn points) I've never been further than 8000 blocks from the equator, averaging out at around 6000 or 5000. I was wondering why all my houses had like 35+ degrees temperature constant.