Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
TonyLiberatto

Crops growing and Year length

6 posts in this topic

I changed the year length on my server to 360 days.

Some of the players are complaining that the crops are not growing.

I told them that crops would not grow on winter and only would grow on the right season.

Not entirely sure if that's the case.

The reason to change the year to 360 days was because some players only play on weekends, and they would loose the crops to winter.

The question is: If I am on a non snow biome, lets say around 7000 z coordinate in winter and i decide to plant crops.

Will my crops start to grow? Will they kind of wait for spring and summer?

1. Have your players changed their year length on their client configs to match? Minecraft 1.6.4 doesn't overwrite configs properly, so your players might think it's been a year and it's now winter, when in reality its only July. Quickest way for them to check this is to look at the temperature value on the F3 menu. If the temp (which is in celsius) doesn't match the season (Like -15 in Summer or 25 in Late Winter) they probably don't have matching config files.

2. Crops grow as long as it is warm enough. With the exception of Jute, most crops require a temp of at least 5 to grow, and 0 to stay alive. Jute is a bit more sensitive, so it needs a temp of 10 to grow, and 5 to stay alive. If you have already planted your crops and it ever gets below the "stay alive" temperature, your crops will die and the seeds will pop off as items and eventually despawn if not collected. The exception to this is hardy crops, which as long as they are in the first stage of growth, will remain dormant in the winter and wait for warmer temperatures before growing, and will not pop off from the cold.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Agriculture

Edit: Biome has pretty much nothing to do with anything. With the exception of the desert and the ocean, there is really no such thing as a "Non-Snow Biome." Everything is based off of climate in TFC, which is just a variant across the entire map.

So skipping over the "non-snow biome" statement, if you are around the 7,000 z coordinate in winter and you decide to plant crops, it entirely depends on the climate that year. If it's a mild winter and the temperature doesn't get too cold, then yes your crops will grow, but may die if it gets colder later on. If it's a harsh winter and it's already below freezing when you try to plant your crops, they'll just die instantly.

Thanks for the explanation kitty.

I really appreciate. 

I'm at -11000 and i have planted crops the first day the temperature was up then 5 (around early spring). It's now 1st october and my crops are at the 2nd or 3rd stage. None of them fully growned up.

I'm playing in a server with year length doubled and i have the same cfg file of the server (i am the admin). I have constantly check the temperature and it was right (min around 5-7 early spring, max 25 in summer and now around 10). 

I guess i have no choice then migrate to south for a more mild climate.

I feel that there is no reason to live in a mid-cold biome/latitude except for slow down decay which by the way can be exploited even in a mild climate with a y 256 food deposit.

I'm at -11000 and i have planted crops the first day the temperature was up then 5 (around early spring). It's now 1st october and my crops are at the 2nd or 3rd stage. None of them fully growned up.

I'm playing in a server with year length doubled and i have the same cfg file of the server (i am the admin). I have constantly check the temperature and it was right (min around 5-7 early spring, max 25 in summer and now around 10). 

I feel that there is no reason to live in a mid-cold biome/latitude except for slow down decay which by the way can be exploited even in a mild climate with a y 256 food deposit.

Did you plant the crops on naturally spawned soil? If you place dirt manually to make a nicely shaped farm, its ingredients are going to be completely depleted. You must plant on dirt that was there when you came or put down the dirt and wait a year or so for the ingredients in it to replenish.

Did you plant the crops on naturally spawned soil? If you place dirt manually to make a nicely shaped farm, its ingredients are going to be completely depleted. You must plant on dirt that was there when you came or put down the dirt and wait a year or so for the ingredients in it to replenish.

Further to this, you can check the nutrient level with a metal hoe