Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xdjherox88

New biome

29 posts in this topic

"No, I find the block ridiculously useless" is a fine enough reason.

One I also agree with. Gravel sucks. Dirt and sand at least have uses: sand grows cacti and can be crafted into at least two other blocks. Useful. Dirt is essential for growing anything in the game. Also really useful.

Has anyone ever used gravel for decorations even? No. There are hundreds of other better looking, better sounding and more useful blocks out there. Gravel won't even hold hold a flower. Ergo, most useless block in all of minecraft.

Well there is one thing gravel's good for - falling on your face and killing you while you're a billion miles underground in your mine, exactly 5 minutes and 2 seconds away from your bed.

...Only now in TFC, dirt and cobble do that too, and better. So... yeah.

"No, I find the block ridiculously useless" is a fine enough reason.

One I also agree with. Gravel sucks. Dirt and sand at least have uses: sand grows cacti and can be crafted into at least two other blocks. Useful. Dirt is essential for growing anything in the game. Also really useful.

Has anyone ever used gravel for decorations even? No. There are hundreds of other better looking, better sounding and more useful blocks out there. Gravel won't even hold hold a flower. Ergo, most useless block in all of minecraft.

Well there is one thing gravel's good for - falling on your face and killing you while you're a billion miles underground in your mine, exactly 5 minutes and 2 seconds away from your bed.

...Only now in TFC, dirt and cobble do that too, and better. So... yeah.

That is kind of the point: gravel should not be a problem in this mod. The only way it can cause you harm is if you are breaking the basic rules of minecraft and digging straight up or straight down. Dirt and cobble will do the exact same thing in TFC now. Digging around can cause cave-ins which is even more dangerous than what gravel can do to you. Only your own carelessness can make gravel dangerous.

It also has a use. I've had a couple maps where I could not find any flint chips on the ground, but saw some gravel nearby. It took a minute or so of work to get flint to pop out, but again this is TFC. The whole mod is more or less built around rewarding hard work. If you're passing a night without a bed, searching through some collected gravel for flint is a good distraction as well.

If you simply don't like how it looks, you can use a texture pack. There are 3 available for you to pick from. For the record, I like to use gravel as a high-visibility pathway with some wood or stone border, and I have seen others do the same.

Honestly I think gravel beaches would be awesome, I live by one so they are realist and would be good source of flint, almost too good....

I wouldn't mind seeing cherry blossom trees in the game so they can turn pink in the spring but a biome is too much.

I like red rock, maybe we could have multiple colors of sand and sandstone (why isn't that replaced by TFC sandstone yet). Like rust red sand, the current color, and far whiter color, and maybe even different types of beach sand like like black and green like in Hawai'i.

a beach biome would be cool, or atleast make it so that there are diffrent types of beaches that spawn next to oceans, lakes, and rivers, large beaches, small beaches, even beaches that are half plain/forest half beach, and exotic trees for beaches would be cool, or expotic island biomes that only spawn in ocean biomes. and i would like to see cliffs next to ocean shores more often, some of the most memorable beach locals i know of have sevral beautiful cliffs and naturaly forming structures

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0