Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xdjherox88

New biome

29 posts in this topic

So i was thinking about a Japanese more calm environment in minecraft so i thought what about a cherry blossom biom it would be covered in cherry blossom and pink wood with bamboo all around and with the agriculture you could add plum trees and river or ponds scattered every were but when storms hit it could be all windy and the leave would fly every were. What do you think

post-276-0-29225800-1338233430_thumb.jpg

I have seen a mod that add the tree, but the leaves flying everywhere would be difficult ( to code ).

and it would look weird if the leaves replaces the rain in the biome.

ever seen desert and plains biome together?

lol cheery blossoms don't have pink wood..... that's just ridiculous. Neither do Kapok irl, why was this done? WHY? They make my eyes bleed.

I have seen a mod that add the tree, but the leaves flying everywhere would be difficult ( to code ).

and it would look weird if the leaves replaces the rain in the biome.

ever seen desert and plains biome together?

What he meant was a particle effect of leaves drifting in the wind. This is part of the tornadoes mod and tropicraft.

So i was thinking about a Japanese more calm environment in minecraft so i thought what about a cherry blossom biom it would be covered in cherry blossom and pink wood with bamboo all around and with the agriculture you could add plum trees and river or ponds scattered every were but when storms hit it could be all windy and the leave would fly every were. What do you think

Ok your'e a weeaboo.

We heard you.

Now leave.

Ok your'e a weeaboo.

We heard you.

Now leave.

1. Please learn to spell.

2. Don't troll other users.

1. Please learn to spell.

2. Don't troll other users.

1.My spelling is right.

2. It's not trolling if it's true obvious.

1.My spelling is right.

And by the way I can find 3 better biomes that should be added:

1.Canyon (with red rock/no grass)

2.Savanna (existed in vanilla before but could shine with new trees and plants)

3.Gravel beaches and lakes(not a biome but still)

1.My spelling is right.

1. Your spelling is indeed right, but you misplaced the apostrophe in "you're". Not the right error, but still an error.

2. If you call a mentally handicapped person a retard, it's still rude. Your argument is invalid.

1. Your spelling is indeed right, but you misplaced the apostrophe in "you're". Not the right error, but still an error.

2. If you call a mentally handicapped person a retard, it's still rude. Your argument is invalid.

Enough of the fighting(since it's pointless on the internet because of it's incredibly moronic users(this isn't meant to offend this forum or it's users, since I have seen worse)) .

What do you think about my ideas?

Enough of the fighting(since it's pointless on the internet because of it's incredibly moronic users(this isn't meant to offend this forum or it's users, since I have seen worse)) .

What do you think about my ideas?

In order:

1. So pretty much just a pretty-ed up surface ravine?

2. Not a bad idea, I'd like to see that.

3. No, no, and hell no. Gravel is the worst block in all of minecraft, an entire biome of it is the LAST thing I want to see

If the mudslide concept ever gets put into production, gravel would have a proper location in the game once again. However, at the moment, cobble is essentially gravel.

you can still find gravel in the game, or atleast you used to be able too, my first multiplayer tfcraft world had gravel, it was rarer but still there. oh and i think we should have ocean, beach and river beach biomes, maybe a few variations, they simply add in sandy aread next to oceans and some rivers and lakes. Also, if canyons are added, they would have to be larger then ravines and have rivers at the bottom. not all canyons are made of red rock like the grand canyon (been there and thought it was boring, looked like a giant hole in the ground) so any rock it spawns in should be fine, but rocks should be closer to the surface and often poking out above the dirt at the edge of canyons. back to my idea about multiple types of each beach. Some should be large but not so large you can not see where the beach ends from the ther side if and average sized river, use that measurement for oceans, lakes, and rivers. others should be very close to the edge, about the same as the beaches from 1.7.3. and then there should be beaches that have varying sizes but alos have clifs that meet the waters edge that are either rocky or grassy (grassy cliffs could have trees ocasionaly. cliff size should be variable, sometimes small 2 or 3 blocks out of the water, other time large, 10-15 blocks out of the water, and any other size that bioxx sees fit to add, assuming he even uses my idea. Also, i would like to see diffrent types of sand, mostly darker richer sands but also a lighter color of sand. oh and sand should hurt you if you walk on it barefoot in the "summer". atleast in deserts.

In order:

1. So pretty much just a pretty-ed up surface ravine?

No, Surface ravine with red rock!

not all canyons have red rocks dude, just because the grand canyon has red rocks does not mean every canyon is made of red rocks, in fact i have been to the crand canyon and even it was not made up entirely out of red stone, how about we just make it so that a canyon biom spawns and what ever type of stone is present is what it is made of, and the edge of canyons should have stone poking out of the dirt in alot of places, not the entire edge but a large protion of it, this way it looks like a real canyon and iff you find a red colored stone that makes up the walls of the canyon then every body wins right?

not all canyons have red rocks dude, just because the grand canyon has red rocks does not mean every canyon is made of red rocks, in fact i have been to the crand canyon and even it was not made up entirely out of red stone, how about we just make it so that a canyon biom spawns and what ever type of stone is present is what it is made of, and the edge of canyons should have stone poking out of the dirt in alot of places, not the entire edge but a large protion of it, this way it looks like a real canyon and iff you find a red colored stone that makes up the walls of the canyon then every body wins right?

Punctuation is a science, not an art; anyone can master it. Please try.

I agree with EternalUndeath but seriously, don't be a punctuation nazi.

And by the way i WANT red rock canyon because i find it beautiful and i'm pretty sure most people agree.

AND no I know canyons are not entirely red rock, a wouldn't mind patches of grass near rivers or oceans.

Do I always have to say 100% of every my idea? I left it a bit empty for you to further shape the idea I had in mind, get it, I did it for you people.

Geez!

I think we all just want to see the current biomes expanded upon.

• Bamboo could be added to any existing biome
  • Ravines could have rivers at the bottom
  • Some ravines could have red rocks
  • Gravel pits/beaches
  • Savannahs
  • Oases
  • More green shit around desert rivers
  • Temperate Rainforests
I'd add more but I'm thinking about writing up my own thread now...

For the love of the gods, no gravel beaches... T_T

3. No, no, and hell no. Gravel is the worst block in all of minecraft, an entire biome of it is the LAST thing I want to see

For the love of the gods, no gravel beaches... T_T

You seem to have a fixation there. Past trauma? It's fine to have opinions on things, but a reason other than "no" would be nice.

Punctuation is a science, not an art; anyone can master it. Please try.

i have a bad habit of not using any punctuation except commas while texting or writing online. I know how to punctuate properly. I just find it tedious and forget to do so.

i have a bad habit of not using any punctuation except commas while texting or writing online. I know how to punctuate properly. I just find it tedious and forget to do so.

**pokes you with a ruler until you do** I learned at a very young age that people will take you more seriously and it shows maturity if you use proper English. It's definitely not that tedious to press 1 more key while you're typing or holding your shift key for the beginning letter of the sentence. With or without proper English (and punctuation) I can still type about 80 wpm.

i type 103 without punctuation and 87 with, so there is a significant diffrence. but i see your point. i will attempt to use proper punctuation from now on. now can we get back to the topic? i hate it when these threads go of topic because of something as pointless as wether some one is using proper puntuation.

I definitely think that with all the rock and tree combinations, a little shrubbery/flowery/foliagery could blow extrabiomesxl OUT OF THE WATER. The problem is that certain biomes should have more specific rock composition. Like a canyon made from granite wouldn't make any sense. It would have to be sedimentary. Likewise a volcano would have to have igneous extrusive rock.

EDIT: RE: punctuation. Just use good English. I have a habit of writing with excellent grammar but I often use leetspeak in regular conversation do it comes out in my posts. If you use an iPod or iPhone that is no excuse for bad punctuation and especially not spelling. This whole paragraph had been severely autocorrected. TFForum should have a warning system so we can get angry at people about typing "hAlp it no work!!1" -sent from an iProduct.

It's fine to have opinions on things, but a reason other than "no" would be nice.

"No, I find the block ridiculously useless" is a fine enough reason.

One I also agree with. Gravel sucks. Dirt and sand at least have uses: sand grows cacti and can be crafted into at least two other blocks. Useful. Dirt is essential for growing anything in the game. Also really useful.

Has anyone ever used gravel for decorations even? No. There are hundreds of other better looking, better sounding and more useful blocks out there. Gravel won't even hold hold a flower. Ergo, most useless block in all of minecraft.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0