Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
turtletechy

Reduce Incidence of Bell Peppers

9 posts in this topic

Oh my lord, they are so common. No matter where I spawn, regardless of how hot or cold it is, I always seem to find a ton of bell peppers. Given, they don't give a ton of food for each harvested, but it's bizarre how often they spawn. It'd be nice to see a more diverse mix in all climates. 

40% of my 20x10 farm is yellow bell peppers. An additional 10% are red bell peppers. 25% is various types of grain. The other 25% is an assortment of squash, beans, onions, tomatoes, ect.

If food genertion is completely random, then I do agree that the bell pepper spawn rate might need to be toned down. Nobody could ever need this many bell peppers. Of course, we could just be unlucky, and just so happen to only find these things.

I have a habit of making a ton of worlds. I've found that all of these worlds have an unusually high rate of bell pepper spawning. 

I agree, its unbalanced and not believable given the temp

Then don't pick them.

I live in southern Alberta (Canada) and  I think the dandelion spawn rate is way too high. Canola is also too common. I think I'll go complain to God about the spawn rates, brb.

But bell peppers would not naturally grow in a cold environment. However, in each cold climate I found, I could find bell peppers. Bell peppers typically can't survive a soil temperature of anything under about 65 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Then don't pick them.

I live in southern Alberta (Canada) and  I think the dandelion spawn rate is way too high. Canola is also too common. I think I'll go complain to God about the spawn rates, brb.

Funny. I also live in southern Alberta. The dandelion and canola spawn rates are really high, but they're believably high. If I went hiking and saw as many bell peppers as canola, I'd be concerned.

But bell peppers would not naturally grow in a cold environment. However, in each cold climate I found, I could find bell peppers. Bell peppers typically can't survive a soil temperature of anything under about 65 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Keep in mind that the temperature in TFC is in celsius. The minimum growth temperature in TFC for bell peppers (which is the value used to see if they can spawn) is 8, or about 46.4 Fahrenheit.

Could you please provide your source stating that the minimum survival temperature is 65F? Everything that I'm finding with a quick google search is saying only freezing will kill them, and that they can survive temperatures as low as 13C and they will still grow, although it will be very slow, and the plant might look a bit sickly.

http://www.almanac.com/plant/bell-peppers

It states that the soil temperature should be at that level. While day to day fluctuations in air temperature aren't a huge deal, the soil is affected by the ambient temperature, and as such, in colder environments, the soil temperature would be below 65 degrees Fahrenheit. And I understand that the numbers in TFC are in Celsius. The source provided Fahrenheit, so I stated the numbers in Fahrenheit.