Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Foxley46-

Vertical placement of planks and some other blocks.

17 posts in this topic

I don't understand the suggestion. I can think of a few things, but do you mean like a thin layer like glass panes are done? I mean, I'm pretty sure you don't mean stacking them vertically or placing above you as you can do those obviously. What do you mean by vertical, and what other blocks?

OHH SORRY!

I Meant vertical as in vertical texture of that same block when placing blocks in specific way.

Ah the texture! That does sound interesting. Opens up a few more ways to decorate. Hmm. In Industrialcraft when you place batboxes, the output side faces you. If you take this way of placing for planks and made the side that the top side lines are pointed at the "front" it would achieve the effect you're going for I think. When you place above or below yourself, the planks would be vertical, when you place to your sides, it would be normal planks. Top and bottom lines would be pointing at you, though, so you would have to be mindful of that if you are putting several in a row (in other words always place from the same direction when building).

My idea sounds like it might be a hassle the more I read it. :unsure:

Direction placing would be the best way to achieve this, yes.

Minecraft just did it with logs!

That will probably make Bioxx's life a tiny bit easier.

Minecraft just did it with logs!

That will probably make Bioxx's life a tiny bit easier.

Posted Image

(haven't found the Xbox version, i'm sure Eternal will :)

Posted Image

(haven't found the Xbox version, i'm sure Eternal will :)

Do ya 1 better

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure that everybody wants to be your friend IRL.

Everybody likes pricks like you two.

Your boss gives you promotions and coworkers love you 'cause you're such a joy to be with!

Sorry for reviving a thread.

I don't know your religious ways.

I'm pretty sure that everybody wants to be your friend IRL.

Everybody likes pricks like you two.

Your boss gives you promotions and coworkers love you 'cause you're such a joy to be with!

Sorry for reviving a thread.

I don't know your religious ways.

Now, now .. All they did was remark on your revival of old threads. This is generally regarded as bad practice on any forum (not our secret "religious ways"). There is a good reason for it too. Generally speaking, if a thread dies then interest in it has faded away. Bumping dead threads is bad practice as it brings back topics many people feel have been discussed to death.

Also, don't make presumptions about peoples personal lives, they commented on your forum habits. If you want to critique either JAG or Eternal, say something about their presence on the forum, not meaningless comments about a private life you have no contact with. For all you know, either one of them could be posting from their bed surrounded by their harem of lusty (non argonian) maids, admiring their "Nicest guy in town" awards and contemplating how to innovate in their business which donates water to African children and funds itself by selling lemonade ... Basically what I am saying is that you have no idea who is on the other side of the screen, so don't talk shit about them :)

Well I gotta say: Thanks for the explanation but, yeah right, that kind of people play minecraft.

From what I know 75% minecraft players are autistic (and as such they are anti-social) and the rest are 12-year old kiddies and casual gamers.

This is my first forum i'm active at.

And no, i'm not some kid just discovering internet.

It's okay mate, we all have to learn somewhere :)

Well, I play minecraft and I amn't autistic. I'm 19, fairly serious about gaming, a powerlifter, I have plenty of friends, an active social life, I'm studying engineering at uni and although I don't have a girlfriend right now, it is through choice and my last girlfriend was a model :P

Yes, you could say I am bullshitting, but I have evidence to back up all of my claims :L

What's more, the things I listed in my last post are actually mostly shallow indicators of success. For example, there are many talented programmers within the MC community, as well as a lot of creativity. Also, having autism doesn't make you inferior. It is a disorder, but I have many friends who suffer from it to degrees. Obviously some of them are worse than others, but most high functioning autistics live normal lives :)

Trying to gauge someones personal life through the internet is like trying to guess at their visual appearance. All you have to go on is snippets of insight and those snippets are rarely enough to truly understand a person :)

[...]

From what I know 75% minecraft players are autistic (and as such they are anti-social) and the rest are 12-year old kiddies and casual gamers.

[...]

->

And no, i'm not some kid just discovering internet.

so you're anti-social? just sayin'...

I totally agree with jed btw.. you should never judge people according to the internet..

cuz...you see..if WE did that now...what kind of person would we think YOU are..

Also: JED cool we're the same age...woooooow..awesome...kinda...well not really...:D

Nice to meet you all. Now, this is the Internet and anonymity is our largest and greatest asset. I'd like to protest your demographic analysis. Even given that your analysis is correct (which is questionable) in what way does that prevent people from providing useful constructive criticism which is the point of this forum?

I'm not autistic either, 16 years old, attending High school of art (different continent, different school systems) ,currently single but last girlfriend was dumb attention whore(I was lucky enough to get dumped), my best friends are Mark (Music pro and a wannabee DJ) , Matt (Noob programmer and crazy for 90's games), and Dorian (Quasi-Intellectual, and constantly brainstorms about random stuff)

Nice to meet you Jed! *shakes your hand*

Posted Image

See, now... please try not to say things like 'attention whore' or 'noob' to describe people you know IRL, or throw little temper tantrums over internet people you happen to not like... That, far more than your age, will tell other users that you're immature.

That said, this thread has now been implemented in vanilla, and will therefore likely see use in any 1.3.x-compatible version of TFC that bioxx puts out. Thread resolved.

Nice to meet you all. Now, this is the Internet and anonymity is our largest and greatest asset. I'd like to protest your demographic analysis. Even given that your analysis is correct (which is questionable) in what way does that prevent people from providing useful constructive criticism which is the point of this forum?

I'm not overly bothered about hiding myself online, I'm not horrible enough for anyone to bother tracking me down :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0