Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walmart Germaphobe

Biome-based animals

11 posts in this topic

I would like the normal animals in the biomes they spawn in, but wouldn't it be awesome to have new animals in different biomes?

Plains: elephants, lions, buffalo, antelope, ox, kangaroos, and horses

Taiga: deer, bears, beavers (in rivers), moose,fox, and coyote

forest: same as Taiga, with a few adaptations

jungle: many big jungle cats, monkeys, pandas(rare), and snakes

mountains: goats, cougars, land llama

Desert: lizards, camel, foxes, and snakes

all: birds, rabbits,cows, chickens, pigs, sheep

wouldn't cows fit in more with the plains not everywhere since they are a grazing animal

wouldn't cows fit in more with the plains not everywhere since they are a grazing animal

forgot to say i like this idea lol

TerraFirmacraft: now with Mo' Creatures support!

TerraFirmacraft: now with Mo' Creatures support!

Lol, every single thing i was about to say, expressed in just 6 words...

Honestly, i would like to see new mobs running by there... BUT, they must have an utility for the player. I mean, cows have hides and meat, pigs have meat, sheeps has wool, chickens have meat and feathers, aggresive mobs have bones, strings, more meat and gunpowder; Even squids are useful for something -althought it's only ink-!

"WOW, A COMPLETELY POINTLESS ELEFANT! AHHH, AN UNUSEFUL LION! OHHHH, A FOX THAT'S AN AIR WASTE!"

The only thing i could rescue from that mobs list, 'cause it would be useful for something no other mob really help with, is the horse. Or you wouldn't like to ride your own horse? Except for it, what would the other mobs be used for? More food? Since when finding meat in nature is as easy as going with a javelin to the closest store?

Elephant should be a great ivory and bone source. A lion... I'd wanna start a zoo (or tame it lol). Fox would be a good predator for cows and chickens (like the wolf).

The only thing i could rescue from that mobs list, 'cause it would be useful for something no other mob really help with, is the horse. Or you wouldn't like to ride your own horse? Except for it, what would the other mobs be used for? More food? Since when finding meat in nature is as easy as going with a javelin to the closest store?

Actually I would be TOTALLY on board with horse riding. Given the wide amount of ground you usually have to cover to find resources in this mod, a faster means of transport would be very very welcome. Perhaps they would even let you travel without decreasing your hunger saturation! Would need to require extensive upkeep for them for that to be balanced tho.

Also, horse meat is actually quite good. Beef is bitter and tough in comparison - if horses weren't good for riding and had no means of self defense, I assure you we'd all be eating them instead of cows.

And on that note, WHY IS THERE STILL NO MUTTON FROM SHEEP x_x

Lol, every single thing i was about to say, expressed in just 6 words...

Honestly, i would like to see new mobs running by there... BUT, they must have an utility for the player. I mean, cows have hides and meat, pigs have meat, sheeps has wool, chickens have meat and feathers, aggresive mobs have bones, strings, more meat and gunpowder; Even squids are useful for something -althought it's only ink-!

"WOW, A COMPLETELY POINTLESS ELEFANT! AHHH, AN UNUSEFUL LION! OHHHH, A FOX THAT'S AN AIR WASTE!"

Dude, they'd all have a use, just that I can't think of them now. Also, the idea of stronger hides for armor. And they have aesthetic value.

Edit: there is an idea being passed around of a better animal AI so they aren't so easy to catch on this forum

Edit 2: oh, I mean the one about passive mob AI edit

Well, i think i was a little rude, and i'm sorry... but, i still don't think the game needs more mobs. Or, at least, not as much as you listed. Obviously, there's an entire community yelling at Notch "Add damn horses!", community i'm from, but beside the horses, i don't really see the need to add that much mobs to the game. If Bioxx is planning to add some kind of, as Eternal said:

Mo' Creatures support!

I just hope he does it for a good reason, beside adding realism to minecraft.

Well, i think i was a little rude, and i'm sorry... but, i still don't think the game needs more mobs. Or, at least, not as much as you listed. Obviously, there's an entire community yelling at Notch "Add damn horses!", community i'm from, but beside the horses, i don't really see the need to add that much mobs to the game. If Bioxx is planning to add some kind of, as Eternal said:

I just hope he does it for a good reason, beside adding realism to minecraft.

I'd say that the list is a bit too much, but Bioxx could remove however many he wants. I want only what makes it more interesting. You're right

There WILL be biome based animals and deer and bears are guarenteed. not so sure about the others though

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0