Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Just_Another_Guy_:)

Nature's might!

8 posts in this topic

For some reason, i fill like this is already a minecraft mod... whatever, i can't remember if something like this exist, so i will just say it:

+Have you ever seen a bunch of wolves attacking a sheep, or a group of zombies chasing the testificates? I think there should be more mob interactions like those, so for every mob -that includes you-, the every day is a fight for survival. Wolves and spiders going after cows, chickens, pigs and sheeps, The testificates NOT BEING USELESS and go hunting the previous mobs, zombies, skeletons and creepers chasing testificates -and you-, and squids... being squids. Maybe, if you where distant, you could see some monsters naturally fighting against each other for food! Althought, if you get close, they will forgot about the fight and go after you... 'cause, after all, that's why they are there.

+Now you readed the previous suggestion, you may think "but, in that way, it would be too difficult to find anything but spiders and wolves... and squids.". Well, not really, 'cause my next suggestion is to let mobs naturally breed, and also give the prey a chance to escape or fight back. Pigs, sheeps and chickens will obviously run away... but, a little faster, so the mob chasing them actually has a chance of failing. Cows are likely to run away as well, but... i mean, they are cows. Big, fat cows. Wouldn't them be able to ran over others? You know, just running towards and knocking down the menace.

-Right now i can see a bunch of cow lovers about to ran over me... meh, whatever(?)-

The other mobs already have a good way to defend themselves, so let's go with testificates. I don't even know what they are... some kind of semi-human being whose predecessors are now zombie pigmens? Anyways, they do look like humans -ignoring they giant noses-, so i figured out they could be like cave-mens, and go by there with they primitive javelins. This could add a first drop to these mobs: javelins. And then, why they hide in their houses at night? Well, they have to sleep sometimes, can't they?

Oh, i forgot squids. They will be fine, nobody cares about squids.

+Finally, and to balance up the "let them naturally breed" thing, the mobs should, after a -long- while, just naturally die because of their age, in order to have their numbers balanced. Also, is it believable to see an inmortal pig that can live forever if you place it in a safe place?-

Well, that's pretty much everything. I still feel like this may be part of another mod, but anyways, it fits pretty well in TFcraft. If anyone can tell me if that mod exists -and it's name-, i would be grateful.

Animals breeding and dying of old age... Humm... That gives me ideas.

I guess that would be hard to balance, but would totally be worth.

Also, big animals like cows would walk in packs(perhaps every animal should walk in packs) and once a cow is attacked the others will 1) attack back 2) run away(if the enemy is too powerful).

No clue about the testificates, I don't like then I always destroy their houses and kill them :P

Perhaps make them builders or something, and they try to build a city/village, making them gather stuffs, hunt animals and so on. There also could be evil-testiticates that will try to hunt you, will place traps to get you and so on.

Testificaes have been totaly removed together with their villages but a new AI for mobs would be quiet cool and intresting...

That way you should have to build a barn to keep your kettle. Now its just an open air thing with vertical supports :D I always use vertical supports for my fence now.

i have an idea that may sound kinda funny, but there is this idea of making it so animals drop carcases rather then steak and leather, or feathers and chicken. i had this idea a long time ago before this mod was even out, but what if you made it so predatory hostile mobs maybe had an inventory. so a pack of wolves would attack a heard of sheep and when they kill one they pick up the carcass and leave. the carcass eventualy diappears from their inventory and they go on the hunt again. or if bioxx could try to make it so some mobs are like the monkeys in tropicraft, when they come across a certain item they pick it up. maybe they could actualy drag the carcass off. or eat it on the spot while the rest of the heard runs away. if the carcass is not enough to feed the whole pack, like a chicken or pig carcass, either they group up like they would do with pigs, or they each chase one down like they would do with chickens. i actualy just thought of this, how about bioxx makes it so that all new animals have a hunger system, hunters will hunt if they get hungry enough, prey will try to find food when they get hungry. if an animal does not get enough food they can starve to death. as for the grouping up, you could add in a bit of code that alters the item drop ai so it has a certain number of "slots" to be filled by predators, so like with a cow, a whole pack is drawn in to the carcass and it fills their hunger. but if it is like a cow only a few will be drawn in and if all the "slots" are filled then the rest of the pack will ignore it and try to kill another pig. once the whole pack is fed they all get back together and head home. this is more easily done by just making it so that packs are linked together and when they are done eating they just head towards eachother. those that are full just follow, but those that are hungry will continue to hunt. or to make things simpler, these two idea could be put in place. first, they all have a hunger system but they have one big ai, a pack ai if you will, they act like one mind with sevral diffrent bodies, or hive ai. the size of the pack increases the needed food but if one eats it fills up the pack hunger. or you could simply make it so that the rest of the pack follows the alpha and when he gets full the rest of the pack stopes hunting. either way this would definetly increase the feel of the game, and would be much easier to code on solo hunters, packs are where the problems show up. so if you take anything away from this i hope it is the idea of a mob hunger system that makes prdatory mobs stop hunting after they have had their fill, usualy one kill. so if anyone has a way to solve the pack problem i would love to hear it

i have an idea that may sound kinda funny, but there is this idea of making it so animals drop carcases rather then steak and leather, or feathers and chicken. i had this idea a long time ago before this mod was even out, but what if you made it so predatory hostile mobs maybe had an inventory. so a pack of wolves would attack a heard of sheep and when they kill one they pick up the carcass and leave. the carcass eventualy diappears from their inventory and they go on the hunt again. or if bioxx could try to make it so some mobs are like the monkeys in tropicraft, when they come across a certain item they pick it up. maybe they could actualy drag the carcass off. or eat it on the spot while the rest of the heard runs away. if the carcass is not enough to feed the whole pack, like a chicken or pig carcass, either they group up like they would do with pigs, or they each chase one down like they would do with chickens. i actualy just thought of this, how about bioxx makes it so that all new animals have a hunger system, hunters will hunt if they get hungry enough, prey will try to find food when they get hungry. if an animal does not get enough food they can starve to death. as for the grouping up, you could add in a bit of code that alters the item drop ai so it has a certain number of "slots" to be filled by predators, so like with a cow, a whole pack is drawn in to the carcass and it fills their hunger. but if it is like a cow only a few will be drawn in and if all the "slots" are filled then the rest of the pack will ignore it and try to kill another pig. once the whole pack is fed they all get back together and head home. this is more easily done by just making it so that packs are linked together and when they are done eating they just head towards eachother. those that are full just follow, but those that are hungry will continue to hunt. or to make things simpler, these two idea could be put in place. first, they all have a hunger system but they have one big ai, a pack ai if you will, they act like one mind with sevral diffrent bodies, or hive ai. the size of the pack increases the needed food but if one eats it fills up the pack hunger. or you could simply make it so that the rest of the pack follows the alpha and when he gets full the rest of the pack stopes hunting. either way this would definetly increase the feel of the game, and would be much easier to code on solo hunters, packs are where the problems show up. so if you take anything away from this i hope it is the idea of a mob hunger system that makes prdatory mobs stop hunting after they have had their fill, usualy one kill. so if anyone has a way to solve the pack problem i would love to hear it

this is mentioned in great detail on the player-built structures thread, as well as several butchery threads

I actually put a suggestion like this in the Giant list of mobs thread. perhaps you should rename this mod interactions?