Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
idest

Seeds instead of saplings

5 posts in this topic

Leaves should not drop saplings when you destroy them. Rather, we should have seeds drop only when the tree is in season. Additionally trees will be dropping seeds that you can pick up with little or no work. The downside is that you need to collect and store for seasons that the trees do not seed such as during winter.

Seeds will drop in abundance but will have a chance of not growing when planted. Chances will improve based on soil quality, temperature, and perhaps other factors. When a seed finally grows into a sapling you can pick it up and store it in a chest or let it keep growing into an adult tree.

Trees that do no drop saplings currently should drop seeds but have picky conditions (restricted to biome) as well as a low chance of success. On top of that it will take perhaps a full year to grow into an adult. This makes it possible to regrow a rain forest you decimated at the beginning of the game with enough time and patience. When you look at the time it takes to plant an oak tree or maple tree verse massive trees, you will have spent less time trying to get the oak or maple trees grown.

Lastly, sticks should drop from trees when you cut them down. From personal experience, cutting trees down make you deal with every stick that is on the tree. Perhaps to compromise with the gameplay and balance the number of sticks will be halved or one third from harvesting them manually.

I remember seeing the trees dropping seeds somewhere before, but this seems a little more fleshed out and slightly different. I think the primary concern for the other one was seeds being all over the place and the added calculations causing lag. Or something. I can't find the thread -_-

I like the concept of the idea at least.

the concept of the idea is good but i have found at least with optfine installed that items stay in a chuck forever if the chuck is not loaded the lag would be harsh on a computer as more seeds drop and the only way to stop it is to destroy all the trees

the concept of the idea is good but i have found at least with optfine installed that items stay in a chuck forever if the chuck is not loaded the lag would be harsh on a computer as more seeds drop and the only way to stop it is to destroy all the trees

If the chunk isn't loaded then it doesn't have an impact on performance. Perhaps I don't get what your saying?

If the chunk isn't loaded then it doesn't have an impact on performance. Perhaps I don't get what your saying?

i think he means if you drop an item in an unloaded chunk and the chunk is unloaded, the item stays spawned until the chunk is loaded again and it reaches its 5 minute mark.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0