Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paragon83

Remnants of the past

17 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of implementing remains of past civilizations? For instance caves with caveman carving/paintings/sketchings, or perhaps coming upon temple ruins, odd ancient constructions (I'm thinking similar to stone henge) or sculptures (like the Easter Island statues). Maybe even large scale ruins like an entire settlements. These ruins could consist of human remains, pottery, stone tablets with writings, stories, or legends, and perhaps this could lead to special items or ancient knowledge or something along those lines. I think it fits in with TFC, and could also add some flavor and variety to the landscape.

I'm not so sure about defining landmarks such as Easter island heads, ruins for sure. Maybe unlock someone of their tech while you're at it.

since bioxx removed structures spawning, i don t think he has plans for stuff like this at the moment, though possibly in the future

i dont know, correct me if im wrong but isnt TFC supposed to be like before any civilisation and you are the first to learn all this technology and stuff?

but if it isnt, yeah but they would have to be really rare. the ruins should also be specific and you could learn about the history of that civilization through ancient texts or tablets scattered throughout

and about gaining the technology from them, they were ancient civilizations before your time, shouldn't their tech be much behiend yours and rather useless to you?

Everyone keeps saying crap like the above, it makes no sense whatsoever for a single guy to make it through all of civilizations history. It makes more sense that it is survival and the progression of tools is just the same progression everyone else would go through in a situation like that although granted Steve is pretty BA and is capable of a lot the world is just different (Minecraftia). On that note I wouldn't mind ruins but I don't think they are on the top of my list right now. Download and make a patch for CA ruins if you want ruins now or Millenaire I suppose.

I think ruins like the ones that are being implemented into Minecaft at the moment would be fine but nothing like the th word (thumcraft).

I don't see how we couldn't have things like stonehenge and other stuff like that. The stone age was quite extensive (3.4 million years).

and about gaining the technology from them, they were ancient civilizations before your time, shouldn't their tech be much behiend yours and rather useless to you?

Technology-level isn't a linear thing. The chinese for instance had many inventions long before the west "invented" them as well.

South Americans had plumming etc.

I didn't mean that the Easter Island statues themselves be implemented, just that something similar could be put in. ALso, TFC to me is about "survival", but I never assumed that the player is supposed to be the "first" or "only" person ever to walk the earth. As for the ruins themselves, I don't mean large expansive cities or anything like that, just maybe a rare occurence where you might stumble across something (cave drawings, temples, huts) maybe containing items or maybe even perhaps something larger but even more rare, like a crumbled colosseum. How cool would that be.

the ruins should also be specific and you could learn about the history of that civilization through ancient texts or tablets scattered throughout

Exactly, and perhaps if you collect enough writings/tablets/texts it could lead you somewhere or to something that would be beneficial to the player although I'm not sure what that would be exactly, maybe a tool or weapon (or plans detailing one), or a long lost recipe for something. Then again you wouldn't necessarily need to find anything beneficial, it would simply be ruins for flavor and diversity to your explorations.

I love the sense of mystery and discovery imbued in discovering ancient ruins and artifacts

I didn't mean that the Easter Island statues themselves be implemented, just that something similar could be put in. ALso, TFC to me is about "survival", but I never assumed that the player is supposed to be the "first" or "only" person ever to walk the earth. As for the ruins themselves, I don't mean large expansive cities or anything like that, just maybe a rare occurence where you might stumble across something (cave drawings, temples, huts) maybe containing items or maybe even perhaps something larger but even more rare, like a crumbled colosseum. How cool would that be.

Exactly, and perhaps if you collect enough writings/tablets/texts it could lead you somewhere or to something that would be beneficial to the player although I'm not sure what that would be exactly, maybe a tool or weapon (or plans detailing one), or a long lost recipe for something. Then again you wouldn't necessarily need to find anything beneficial, it would simply be ruins for flavor and diversity to your explorations.

nice ideas...

I always had the idea that there was civilization that came to a mysterious end before Steve.

Really? I always saw him as Bear Grills ^^

But i like teh idea, players may use the ruins to foundation of their homes.

Better yet if some types of ruins meant there is lots of ore to be found there ^^

It would be cool if you could find useful items that you could repair or melt down for the raw metal. maybe you could find jewelry, precious metals, pots, ect.

It would be cool if you could find useful items that you could repair or melt down for the raw metal. maybe you could find jewelry, precious metals, pots, ect.

one of the ideas i had was that you could find a city (only 3 spawn per world)

within each city you could find relics from the inhabitants (and maybe a little of your own history as well)

every so often you may find a stash of treasure or useful items hidden within the rubble

one of the ideas i had was that you could find a city (only 3 spawn per world)

within each city you could find relics from the inhabitants (and maybe a little of your own history as well)

every so often you may find a stash of treasure or useful items hidden within the rubble

Sooooo... exactly like vanilla strongholds?

Sooooo... exactly like vanilla strongholds?

fuuuu i knew i should have put more thought into this before bed >.<

fuuuu i knew i should have put more thought into this before bed >.<

Posted Image

One idea that i had was a completely separate biome that was the city. It would basically just be a small biome full of house foundations and a few chests full of useable material scattered around. The reason i was thinking that it should be a biome instead of spawn like the village is because villages commonly get messed up due to the area that they are spawned on.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0