Donate

Edit Style
Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Can't figure out how to make a pickaxe.

- - - - - pickaxe tin pick head

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kinjirurm

kinjirurm

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
So, I figured out that stone pickaxes can no longer be made. I figured out that you have to have a ceramic mold to melt small ores into to eventually get a full piece of metal. I made some unshaped tin at full durability.

I then made a pick head plan and used the anvil with a hammer and hot tin to make an ingot. Then I used the plan, the hammer and the hot ingot to start working on the pick head. I hit "upset", which moved the bar some and immediately made the tin no longer have a temperature. I am stuck now, because I can't seem to heat up the ingot any more in a fire pit. I put it in the pit, with any number of woods, including hickory, but it never starts to warm up. I don't know what to do.

BTW I am playing on SMP, not SSP. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered. :)

Deviator

Deviator

Copper Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX
I think you need a forge to re-heat ingots. I think the firepit is only for unshaped ore heating.

kinjirurm

kinjirurm

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
How do you make a forge if you can't get stone because you don't have a pickaxe?

DarkLadyPhoenix

DarkLadyPhoenix

Copper Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
I have this same issue.
I do not use REI, smart moving or any of that other crap. TFC only for proper testing.

mrpwase

mrpwase

Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
You can still place cobble from rock pieces you pick up from the surface. That's how you make a forge, surely?

kinjirurm

kinjirurm

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
How do place cobble from small rocks? I have tried right clicking on the ground with them.

kinjirurm

kinjirurm

Wood Cutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
I must have tried the wrong types, granite rock placed.

kelik

kelik

Stone Miner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
also, bug fixed. you can now re-heat worked ingots in the firepit.

I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING DAMMIT

Slink, after claiming to have updated his server, was told that it was still running the old build.

EstebanLB

EstebanLB

Apprentice Blacksmith

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Also, remember to stay away from the space that will be occupyied with the cobblestone. Happened to me sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users