Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
crafter15

Can't stack meals

7 posts in this topic

I can't stack some meals for some reason, but not others. Some meals are somehow split into different categories, but still somewhat stackable (assuming same ingredients).

Now I found a non-terrible recipe and try to use it, but every single meal I make insists on occupying a separate inventory slot. What's wrong?

The fact that they stack in the first place is the bug. Meals in general won't stack because even though they have the same ingredient data on them, and the same weight data on them, they have different decay values on them because they were made at different times.

I guess I'll just not make them then. Not going to travel around the world with a full inventory of 20oz meals. I sure don't need to have full saturation healtn when I'm at home, do I? Not many monsters attacking me there.

Considering that's what a lot of other players will conclude, that feature kinda looks like a waste of coding time.

Look at it this way, would you rather carry 4 different foods in your inventory for a balanced meal, or a single meal? Also, remember that you can use vessels to store your meals which will also slow their decay.

When used as storage, the vessel is more like a tool for expediting carpal tunnel syndrome. Juggling vessels is way too much hassle. A single 20oz meal will be gone within a few minutes of playing. It's more sensible to carry just one 160oz stack of cabbage and forget the saturation.

At least that way I won't accidentally starve to death, and will have some space for other items. A decent exploration kit is something like a full hotbar of tools, plus a few things in the inventory. The rest gets filled almost immediately as well.

Look at it this way, would you rather carry 4 different foods in your inventory for a balanced meal, or a single meal? Also, remember that you can use vessels to store your meals which will also slow their decay.

Similary to crafter15, I personally started to just carry around a vessel with 4 160oz foods of each category, meals are just too quickly gone to be of use, I find. Meals should be 40oz or 60oz, don't you think?

I once managed to stack some meals and consumed the stack as if it was one meal (yes, it's a bug to be able to stack meals).

Meals would be useful if I could make anything better than a poor meal but i guess my cooking skillz are too low. I too am tempted to just eat a piece of 160 oz meat/vegetable/fruit while i'm sitting at my base smithing or building. Only when i need to venture out or go spelunking in caves does it matter to have full health from good nutrition.