Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

If you want to edit the wiki.

201 posts in this topic

If you want to edit the wiki and feel that you have a good grasp on TerraFirmaCraft, leave a reply here with your username that you've created at the official wiki. Please do not add your name here unless you fully intend to be an active editor. It takes time for me whitelist you, time which is better spent actually working on the mod, the forums, and the wiki.

You must meet at least one of the following requirements in order to get editor status. These requirements are primarily here so that I know that you are an active member of the community, and that you are able to communicate with me to make sure that the edits you wish to make are approved and correct before you make them. I've been adding a few people and they aren't editing, or they are making many small edits that I have to go back and revert because they are incorrect, so this will stop folks from wasting my time. Sorry to those that genuinely want to contribute.

• At least 100 posts on the forums. These posts will be used to gauge your knowledge of the mod, so spamming random questions and irrelevant replies will not help you here. I would strongly suggest that if you wish to choose to fulfill this requirement, that your posts are either guides, discussion, or answering questions in support. If your post history shows you asking a question that has already clearly been answered elsewhere either in multiple other posts, or explicitly in the change log, it is very likely that your application will be denied.
  • Become an active member in our IRC channel. A lot of communication must take place before making larger edits to the wiki. A live chat such as IRC makes this communication much easier as replies are sent quickly back and forth, rather than the slower option of private messages on the forum, the wiki, or emails. Please note that this activity must be happening when I am around, as I do not scroll through any logs of past chat in the channel.
  • An understanding of TFC's code. This option is primarily there for those who wish to make very small or minor edits to the wiki, such as changes in numbers. This is also an option for those who do not wish to flesh out all of the proper formatting of information in the wiki, but instead would like to provide a basic framework of information that a page would be based on. Providing such framework including class names and line numbers makes my life much easier when it comes to the research for writing a page.

Bioxx has only one major rule when it comes to editing the wiki, failure to follow this rule will result in immediate termination of your editor status.

• Do not add raw numbers that are used in the code behind the scenes. Bioxx does not want TerraFirmaCraft to be treated as a math game where everyone min/maxes and only ever follows one route. If you wish to play that way then good for you, but adding raw numbers to the wiki will affect the way that everyone else plays the game as well. You cannot un-see the numbers once they've been seen. Please respect this rule.

I myself have a few guidelines that must be followed when editing the wiki, but they are a bit more flexible and it is unlikely that your editor status will be revoked for breaking the guidelines, unless you are doing it consistently.

• Preview your edits before saving them. The fewer saved edits that are made on a page, the less revisions I have to dig through when searching for something in the history of the page. The preview button is there so that you can double check your formatting for simple mistakes such as spelling errors, or a missing character in a table that breaks all of the columns and rows. The page should be as accurate as possible and ready to be viewed by the entire public when you hit save.
  • Follow the provided Style Guide. There is a certain look and style to the TFC wiki that may be different from other wikis that you have visited or edited. In the majority of cases, there are reasons why we follow a different style. Please ask if you have questions about any part of this guide.
  • If you wish to make any changes other than minor edits (like complete page or section overhauls), please ask me first. All of my contact information can be found on the Contact Us page. Once you prove yourself as a skilled wiki editor that provides accurate information (not conjecture) and properly follows the style guide, you will be able to make larger changes without prior approval.

Please keep in mind that all of your edits will be monitored, and you will be notified of any changes or rollbacks that are made due to mistakes.

I take extreme pride in this wiki, and how far it has come. In 99.9% of cases, I have final say of what goes on the wiki, and what does not. There are a handful of reasons why this wiki is not open to public editing. Please respect our wishes to make this wiki the best that it can be. If you do not wish to go through the effort it takes to become a trusted wiki editor, but you would still like to contribute or help, the Talk section of every page is open to public editing. To access the Talk section of any page, click on the tab at the top left of the page which says "Discussion."

Edited by Kittychanley
Updated Requirements

Teranz! I would love to work and help you out! Love the mod! If you whitelist me thanks in advance and if you want to know more about me add me on skype; teranlie or facebook eryk smczynski

you've been added

Thanks! I will do my best to update the wiki and keep it up to date!

Hi! I just found your mod and it's amazing. I have a lot of free time, and would like to edit the wiki, as a lot of things are missing from it that would have helped me enormously when I first started playing, and I'd like to be able to add these things as I find them for the benefit of others who have similar problems.

Hi! I just found your mod and it's amazing. I have a lot of free time, and would like to edit the wiki, as a lot of things are missing from it that would have helped me enormously when I first started playing, and I'd like to be able to add these things as I find them for the benefit of others who have similar problems.

Please follow the instructions in my original post.

I apologize. My username on the wiki is the same as my username on the forums.

I apologize. My username on the wiki is the same as my username on the forums.

Sorry it took so long, added.

Hey, so, what exactly constitutes 'raw numbers'?

Obviously something like 'cassiterite has a 0.00X% spawn rate and occurs with a XX% chance per chunk' is out of the question, but where does it stop? Would something observable like 'A thrown spear will travel a maximum of X blocks' be acceptable? Or is the numpad banned entirely

The things that are unacceptable would be like the values for "perfect" metal shaping on the anvil, the actual durability for the different armor types, etc. The javelin flight distance seems to me something that would be fine as public knowledge.

I would like to help out. My username on the wiki is the same as it is here (zache51).

I would be unable to break rule 1 since I have no idea of any of those values ^^.

I would like to help out. My username on the wiki is the same as it is here (zache51).

I would be unable to break rule 1 since I have no idea of any of those values ^^.

Added.

Hey, so, what exactly constitutes 'raw numbers'?

Obviously something like 'cassiterite has a 0.00X% spawn rate and occurs with a XX% chance per chunk' is out of the question, but where does it stop? Would something observable like 'A thrown spear will travel a maximum of X blocks' be acceptable? Or is the numpad banned entirely

Observable stuff in game is perfectly fine. The issue comes from people who look at the source and decide to make tables of raw data(this was done at the old wiki).

I would like to be able to edit the wiki. Found a couple of things I can add. I don't like min/maxing either so you shouldn't have any problems from me for that

Idest on the wiki.

I would like to be able to edit the wiki. Found a couple of things I can add. I don't like min/maxing either so you shouldn't have any problems from me for that

Idest on the wiki.

Added

Playing this mod for like 5hours straight, we enjoyed finding alot of stuff out for ourselves, but some of it would be very useful to be in a central location for people to share knowledge. Would like to edit wiki, username same as forums

Playing this mod for like 5hours straight, we enjoyed finding alot of stuff out for ourselves, but some of it would be very useful to be in a central location for people to share knowledge. Would like to edit wiki, username same as forums

Added.

I would also love to help edit the wiki. My username over there is the same as it is here, zjord.

I have been playing this mod and every pre since pre 5 and have seen the wiki grow, now I would like to help it grow even faster :D

Edit:

In my rush to aid the comunity I forgot to state that my name on the wiki is the same as on this forum :wacko:

i would like to edit the wiki there are things some pages (like anvils) are missing that could be important. also my name on the wiki is the same as on here

I would also love to help edit the wiki. My username over there is the same as it is here, zjord.

I have been playing this mod and every pre since pre 5 and have seen the wiki grow, now I would like to help it grow even faster :D

Edit:

In my rush to aid the comunity I forgot to state that my name on the wiki is the same as on this forum :wacko:

i would like to edit the wiki there are things some pages (like anvils) are missing that could be important. also my name on the wiki is the same as on here

Added

I would like to edit the wiki and I am willing to put in the time it will take to get us an accurate wiki. My username is the same as on here, Amphouse

I would like to edit the wiki and I am willing to put in the time it will take to get us an accurate wiki. My username is the same as on here, Amphouse

Added

I have noticed that the wiki is very lacking in some parts. I am willing to take the time to fill in some of the pages so it isn't so empty. I like the mod a lot, but there are many questions I have had. Hopefully helping with this mod can answer a lot of those. Thank you for the epic mod. Username is Blargosaur