Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
RandomASCII

[Solved] Bizmuth Bronze Can't Be Made In Vessels?

11 posts in this topic

Before I get to the problem, allow me to get the prerequisite information out of the way:

I'm using version .79.14.514 of TFC, I'm using version 10.13.2.1272 of Forge, I'm using Java 8, and I have no crash report to post because the game isn't crashing for me. I have not yet deleted .config files, because the problem appears to have nothing to do with that, but I can do that anyway if you would think that would help.

Now, on to the actual problem. Last night, I was trying to make enough Bizmuth Bronze for 200 units. According to the wiki(I'm aware the wiki is outdated, but I saw nothing in the change logs for any of the most recent versions as of posting this that said anything about bizmuth bronze) I'm using exactly the correct amount of ore to make 200 units of bizmuth bronze. However, when I place it in a vessel, then in a pit kiln(I think that's what it's called), the output is exactly what I put into it. I get back a vessel with x copper, y bizmuth, and z sphalerite. I originally used 16 copper and two of each of the other ores. I then tried taking out a piece of copper and adding another pice of sphalerite. This caused the same results. Also, since I realized I forgot to mention this, the size of the pieces are the size that you find on the ground, which are 10 units each, so I'm sure that my math isn't off. Any help that can be provided is apreciated.

I don't know if I can help you, but I have specifically made 200 units of bismuth bronze from small ores in a vessel recently, and for me it worked fine (build 79.15 and java 7, though). Note though that the "middle" distribution for bismuth bronze is 15% bismuth, 60% copper, and 25% zinc.

Your original ratio is 10/80/10, followed by 10/75/15. This means you had too little zinc and to much copper for it to be possible, even in the second setup. For 200 units, you can have 2-4 bismuth, 10-14 copper, and 4-6 zinc, and they need to add up to 20.

Try again with the "middle" distribution of 3 bismuth, 12 copper, and 5 zinc.

In that world, I only have 4 zinc to spare. Is there a variant of that which would work with less?

In that world, I only have 4 zinc to spare. Is there a variant of that which would work with less?

The wiki ratios are still correct, so you need 20-30% zinc. For two ingots worth this means you need 4-6 small ores, so you're still okay. You'll then need 2-4 Bismuth (10-20%) and 12-14 copper (60-70%). Just make sure you have exactly 20 nuggets/small ores after adding those two, otherwise your ratios will be off.

And yes, that number I just used for the copper is less than the wiki states. That's because you're going for the low end on the zinc so you need a little more copper. The 50% copper only works if you're doing the max of 30% zinc and 20% bismuth.

The wiki ratios are still correct, so you need 20-30% zinc. For two ingots worth this means you need 4-6 small ores, so you're still okay. You'll then need 2-4 Bismuth (10-20%) and 12-14 copper (60-70%). Just make sure you have exactly 20 nuggets/small ores after adding those two, otherwise your ratios will be off.

And yes, that number I just used for the copper is less than the wiki states. That's because you're going for the low end on the zinc so you need a little more copper. The 50% copper only works if you're doing the max of 30% zinc and 20% bismuth.

Okay, thanks! It turns out that I DID do my math wrong. I was using too much copper and not enough zinc.

for bish bronze use(if u have ores with 10 units/ore): 70 copper 20 zinc 10 bish (units) for 100 units of bish bronze....

I use this % : 70% copper 20% zinc and 10% bish 

For 500 units of bish bronze I use: 350 copper 100 zinc and 50 bish...

It is just the % that u have to use it right....and it depend of what units u have on the ores(like if u have ore with 25 units it is more esy)

(sorry for my english :( )

Shouldn't a false ratio create unknown metal in a pit kiln?

No they are nice and it just gives you back vessel with ore still in it.

Shouldn't a false ratio create unknown metal in a pit kiln?

We're not that mean. A good chunk of starting players screw up their first batch using the pit kiln. A lot of those players are also using the only metal that they were able to find, and could have spent a good deal of time finding it. If pit kilns created unknown metals, we'd end up with a whole lot more players who ragequit the game. There are already players who ragequit because they make brass thinking they can use it for tools, and render all of their materials useless in the process. We're not going to force that onto all newer players who don't quite understand the math behind alloying.