Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phoenix22

automatic bellows

20 posts in this topic

well, I think that it would make sense since i dont want to stay on my blommery, firepit, and/or forge just to heat things up a little more

in combination with something like an watermill, that wouldn't be constructed that easiely, sounds realistic...

just make the bellows automatic... i dont think this would happen...

sry guy^^

Well the funny thing is generally bellows aren't put on the side of a Forge or Bloomery, they are put under the coal so you are pumping air directly under/into the coals so you supply more oxygen (More Oxygen, richer fire, Richer fire, More heat)

So even back in the ancient days of Egypt and copper tools they had foot bellows

well idk but maybe instead of a watermill it should be someting else and depending on wat you use to move it pumps air faster

Unless it's powered with something, no. You can't just have an automatic bellow which powers itself, in a game trying to be believable...

However, i do like the idea. if the bellow has a proper powering system that's not too advanced, that is.

Water mills, and wind mills, wouldn't that be great. Those would bring in a lot of possibilities into play, though it might sit in better as an add-on for tfc, than the core. The other thing of course would be, are there enough believable purposes to use the mechanical power from these to justify them.

I suppose both could go along with agriculture for grinding grains and such, conveyors to go along with dirt rock and ore sorting. Would require piles of resources to accept and add like items that fall on them, for instance a dirt pile has a dirt block fall on it, and picks it up and adds it. Lost of possibilities, and all require a lot of coding.

Heck, i would love to TFC become the baseline and mods that add on top of it. Not mods that change what TFC is mind you, but that compliment it.

I think it'd be a pretty simple addition, just adding a button to the forge to activate nearby bellows

Might get interesting with multiple bellows, super hot stuff. Nothing you can't do on smp, right?

another possible solution is make tis mod more compatible with buildcraft or ic2 so u can power the bellows

I think it'd be a pretty simple addition, just adding a button to the forge to activate nearby bellows

Might get interesting with multiple bellows, super hot stuff. Nothing you can't do on smp, right?

A curious fact, at first bellows where powerable with redstone, so in another time this thing you are saying was possible -although the button wasn't technically IN the bloomery, but in the structure or nearby it...-. Also, i think you mean a bloomery, bro ._. i don't know if placing a bellow in a forge is even possible.

I wouldn't mind if on the GUI for the Bloomery that is there was a way to activate the Bellows attached so you could pump them from within that so you don't have to close then open the menu every time you want to start pumping the bellows.

And Just_Another_Guy I do believe you can use the bellows with the forge (never tried it myself but I haven't been playing lately)

And Just_Another_Guy I do believe you can use the bellows with the forge (never tried it myself but I haven't been playing lately)

Are you sure? i though the forge dissapeared if you broke the blocks at the sides of the forge. That's why i never tried ._. i don't like to waste coal/charcoal.

Also, i wouldn't mind either, even though i like the way it is now...

yes u can i do it all the time as a matter of fact im using it right now

You place the bellows on top of one of the stone blocks adjacent to the forge block. It should work even if it's not on the same level.

to use the bellows with the forge u need to put the bellows ontop of the stone next to the lava part of the forge

Possibly make a recipe including a piston, make it redstone powered again and then just make a pulse circuit run into it. Although this mod is yet to get to the making things automatic stage, it may eventually but until then this will probably have to hold off.

Possibly make a recipe including a piston, make it redstone powered again and then just make a pulse circuit run into it. Although this mod is yet to get to the making things automatic stage, it may eventually but until then this will probably have to hold off.

can you make pistons using the tfc iron?

I'd like to see structures like windmills or water wheels power the bellows, as well as lots of other things such as milling stones or redstone.

You need to stop thinking in vanilla-minecraft logic. Redstone and pistons have no place in TFC. If there are automatic bellows, they should use a mechanical power system(if such a thing ever gets added).

Unfortunately pistons do have a place in TFC they were used as early as Greek times in the form of hydralics so they certainly aren't too advanced. They add a good touch and allow for much more exciting machinery for us to rob our players of that possibilty would serve no purpose what-so-ever. As for redstone it is part of this game to remove it would be like taking the wheels off a skateboard you may want to surf with it and heck with enough work it might happen but why not just use it for what it was intended to do. It is just there for machinery possibilities all it represents is a signal a very simply coded signal rather than an elaborate electrical system that doesn't belong in TFC. We aren't here to rob opportunities from people we are here to provide them if can replace them, great but i have not seen anything yet. As for the automatic though, I'm not sure if we want that yet, so I agree with you there but removing things, is completely unnecessary.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0