Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kelik

Wiki Discussion and Proposed Changes Thread

89 posts in this topic

How about any information on how to use raw, unmined stone, as an anvil someplace outside of a quickstart guide? In, oh, any page on hammers, anvils, or forging.

Sluicing could also use a boost in effective information conveying, if it included information like "you have to place it while facing the direction of flow" in text as well as helpful hints on effective placement in the world (the "ore scanning" text is not clear as to what that actually means, on both this page and the gold pan page; when I first read it I thought it had something to do with the prospecting pick).

Borax (and other flux stones) need to be updated with better information on how to locate these minerals, as it does not appear that borax is a block type, but that it has a chance to drop when two other minerals are mined (one of which is also not a block type! That would be gypsum, which has even less information on its page than borax).

Any information at all on growing crops:

- A redirect page from "Food" to a relevant page, also one from "Crops"

- "There are three nutrient groups, A B and C" with no information on what classifies these groups and how to alter a farm tile to have a given nutrient level or how to determine what nutrient level is present in a given block, prior to planting

- How long it takes crops to grow

- Seasons? I've seen reference to there being seasons on the forums, no hard information

- A freaking "how to farm" guide. I poked around with farming the other day and determined only that I can't keep plants alive, with no ability to determine why they died.

I was just thinking about what updates I think are needed. I'll try to make a list:

1) Clay (Item) needs a page with an image of clay blocks in the wild. I spent a couple hours looking for Vanilla-style clay before realizing that it has a different texture in this mod. Here's a picture that could work, that I found with a quick google search, or I could make one. Please spare new players of this pain!

2) Unshaped Copper claims that it can be smelted in a firepit. I tried dense woods and peat for fuel, and tried bellows, and still failed to get this to work. I think it's just out of date.

3) Dacite doesn't list Native Copper as possible vein, but that's where I found a copper vein last night. I'm not sure if this is just a random mistake, or if all the ore/stone relationships have changed.

4) Pages for individual stone types (like Dacite for example) say that they can be used for making a prospector's pick. Propicks are metal only now.

5) The second image in bulding a sluice channel indicates that you need air blocks to the left and right of the sluice. The inverse is actually true. If you build it with air blocks like this, the sluice will not work.

6) Pickaxe durability and speed for each type of metal is not found on any page. I'd like the exact numbers, if the developers don't mind us decompiling the class files. My assumption is that higher tier metals have better speed and durability, but couldn't find any page that actually confirms this.

7) Log#Crafting shows logs going straight to planks, without mentioning the "plank" stage.

8) I think a page on Cave-Ins would be justified, showing examples of what is safe and what isn't. It should also mention that ore is destroyed if it falls during a cave-in.

The charcoal pit page obviously needs a rewrite, but it says this at the top, so clearly its known.

I know there were a few other larger issues that I found, but I'm not recalling them at this time.

Ore is NOT DESTROYED IN CAVE INS. period! Look at my thread on cave ins, I have it from many good sources that it does NOT.

Ore is NOT DESTROYED IN CAVE INS. period! Look at my thread on cave ins, I have it from many good sources that it does NOT.

Do you have the ability to edit the wiki? If so, then go ahead and write the page.

You don't need to instruct me to read the cave-in thread. Do you remember how someone posted in there about how the misinformation had started from

That was me. I was fooled by the video, posted the mis-information here, and then mentioned in the cave-in thread that the tutorial videos were the source.

In fact, I've done pretty extensive testing with cave-ins over the last week, and would be capable of writing the page for the wiki now, but I don't have access. If you have access, go ahead and write it.

Do you have the ability to edit the wiki? If so, then go ahead and write the page.

You don't need to instruct me to read the cave-in thread. Do you remember how someone posted in there about how the misinformation had started from

That was me. I was fooled by the video, posted the mis-information here, and then mentioned in the cave-in thread that the tutorial videos were the source.

In fact, I've done pretty extensive testing with cave-ins over the last week, and would be capable of writing the page for the wiki now, but I don't have access. If you have access, go ahead and write it.

I'm sorry chez, I was having a rough day and I lash out. I didn't mean to say it so hostilely. :/... I have not gotten around to getting permission for editing the wiki as I'm pretty new. I usually learn stuff really fast though and I feel that I have a very good knowledge of this mod. I just really wanted to make sure misinformation about cave ins isn't spread more. Cave ins can not be CAUSED by mining ore and can not destroy ore. The cobble falls through the ore is what I have heard. A cave in happens when you mine a block that has a stone block above it and a air block below it. That's the conditions, it's real simple. I don't know wether smooth stone affects anything yet though... Again sorry!

Hey, it's no problem. I didn't take it as a hostile comment. I understood you were trying to be helpful. Likewise, please don't think that my comment was hostile.

The important thing is to get the right information on the wiki, and you and I both want that. Everyone is allowed one newbish thing, so I guess mine was assuming that the info from the outdated video was correct. All is better now :D

Ok good haha. Just making sure, misinformation is worse than none at all.

Unsure if this is still an active post but....

I've added in leaf/bark/fruit images on the fruit tree page.

I've added in the growth phases of all the new crops.

I've also added in individual pages for all the new crops. Nothing much on these pages yet but I have the seed/bread recipes, and images of the phases and a mature plant.

So that's what a scythe is for, huh. Completely unrelated to it's use in Real Life (*cough* stretches believability, *cough*) but I do like the niche it fills. Also, I don't think the stick drop rate is 3%/4% ;) (the sentece reads implying that stick and sappling drop rates are identical, and they are not).

Anyway, the pages look nice.

The only thing I'd change is the bottom line of the axe:

"or may also create supports."

to

"or to create 8 supports."

So when removing pictures, the sentence reads, "Using logs in a crafting square with an axe creates either 4 plank or to create 8 supports."

Not perfect, gramatically, but the similarity of the two fragments is greater (eg. "either 4 planks or 8 supports").

Or both lines could be altered thus, "Using logs in a crafting square with an axe either creates 4 planks: [images] or 8 supports:"

On the axe's page:

Since beta 2 build 49 metal axes are more needed as the time it takes to cut down a tree is greatly increased.

"More needed" sounds wrong to me. Perhaps "Since beta 2 build 49, metal axes have increased value due to the increased time it takes to cut down a tree." ?

I could of edited it myself, but I wanted to also ask something. I know at least up to build 48, you could just use a saw to cut down trees. Is this no longer the case in build 49? If it still is, I assume an axe and a saw cut at the same rate and durability? Seems like it shouldn't, but that it always seemed like the only use for an axe is to make supports, and you can just use stone for that.

So that's what a scythe is for, huh. Completely unrelated to it's use in Real Life (*cough* stretches believability, *cough*) but I do like the niche it fills. Also, I don't think the stick drop rate is 3%/4% ;) (the sentece reads implying that stick and sappling drop rates are identical, and they are not).

Anyway, the pages look nice.

The only thing I'd change is the bottom line of the axe:

"or may also create supports."

to

"or to create 8 supports."

So when removing pictures, the sentence reads, "Using logs in a crafting square with an axe creates either 4 plank or to create 8 supports."

Not perfect, gramatically, but the similarity of the two fragments is greater (eg. "either 4 planks or 8 supports").

Or both lines could be altered thus, "Using logs in a crafting square with an axe either creates 4 planks: [images] or 8 supports:"

Didn't remove the 3/4 percent line since that was there before, and I havn't tested that myself. Re-edited the axe page to have the following wording:

"Using a log in a crafting square with an axe creates 4 plank."

recipes

"Using two logs in a crafting square with an axe creates either vertical support beams or horizontal support beams."

recipes

Include a note on the Forge page that if you can't open the Forge GUI, to check for proper ventilation.

Took me a half hour to figure out why, and it was because I had an errant leaf block in the way.

Edit:

Can we also get clay molds some heating info? I.e. that they turn into ceramic mods at Faint Red* / Faint Red**

Also food items.

Hey everyone, sorry for my leave of absence from this topic. I had stuff going on in life and didn't really have time to play minecraft. Now I'm back and have updated the topic post with the work you guys have been doing.

Special thanks to flamestrider, Kreicus, GCountach, and Chezzik for keeping this topic relatively alive while I was gone.

I hope this is the right place for this.

I found Cinnabar in Basalt today. It was right beside a Cassiterite vein and only a few blocks away from a rock layer change to Shale. I noticed that the Wiki only lists Shale and Rhyolite as possible rock layers, so maybe there is a bug with the new terrain generation and the Cinnabar is supposed to be in the Shale, or otherwise it appears that Cinnabar can also spawn in Basalt. It was a fairly large deposit as well, at least 3 stacks of 8 and still finding more. None of it was in the shale as far as I have seen.

I found Cinnabar in Basalt today. It was right beside a Cassiterite vein and only a few blocks away from a rock layer change to Shale. I noticed that the Wiki only lists Shale and Rhyolite as possible rock layers, so maybe there is a bug with the new terrain generation and the Cinnabar is supposed to be in the Shale, or otherwise it appears that Cinnabar can also spawn in Basalt. It was a fairly large deposit as well, at least 3 stacks of 8 and still finding more. None of it was in the shale as far as I have seen.

This http://terrafirmacra...__fromsearch__1 is the right place for ore and mineral information collection, I'm happy you are trying to contribute.

Generally the ore and mineral, especially the mineral, sections of the wiki is poorly updated. This is partly due to so few active wiki-editors, but also because so few people contribute their knowledge, that's why I made the linked thread. I will add Cinnabar to basalt if you enter in the required information on the thread in question. (the verification is so that I can be assured that no false information is added to the wiki, cause that will only harm all players)

as flamestrider has stated, great find. personally i am staying away from making any updates to the generation information due to how rapidly that info is changing in-game, plus sluicing makes it relatively easy to find rare ores anyway.

added the page http://wiki.terrafir...orage_Solutions and while it is still in early development I have released it to enable feedback and ideas from other editors/readers.

thanks, flamestrider for all of your work on the wiki. the community thanks you, as do i for posting in this topic, thus keeping it bumped. ;)

added your page to the front post.

Hi guys, i hope to be an active wiki editor

here is what i have done so far:

Firepit page: add info about how rain affect the firepit, add info on how to collect the charcoal, some aesthetic changes (more to come)

Your first pickaxe page: I redid the unshaped ingot and will tackle the next section tonight or tomorrow.

i'd like to add a page on food see my guide http://terrafirmacra...l-you-can-farm/

and the metalurgy /alloys pages need to be updated too i'll be working on that too

Also to my fellow wiki editors: Should we use the discussion page ( you know the tab next to the page tab) to discuss changes we are unsure of making

Edited by Cidd

Also to my fellow wiki editors: Should we use the discussion page ( you know the tab next to the page tab) to discuss changes we are unsure of making

I'd post any sort of discussions here, since the likelyhood of someone watching any given page's discussion page seems low.

I'd post any sort of discussions here, since the likelyhood of someone watching any given page's discussion page seems low.

well if you check the recent change page you would see it there i guess

Nice page Cid, something you forgot to mention is if you don't want to waste ANY metal you can put in a extra mold on the second output slot and when the first mold completely fills up any extra metal will overflow into the second mild.