Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ximeeen

Specified World Gen.

73 posts in this topic

I would probably give this advice to anyone:

If life gives you lemons, fuck lemonade. Brew a lemon wine and drink away your sorrows, after all, if you only have lemons, what do you have to lose ?

nobody said you ONLY had lemons, life just felt like giving some to you

nobody said you ONLY had lemons, life just felt like giving some to you

Well .. If I have other possessions, why are we obsessing over the lemons ? Fuck lemons .. I have oranges in my fridge :P

Life can take it's lemons and shove em :L

Well .. If I have other possessions, why are we obsessing over the lemons ? Fuck lemons .. I have oranges in my fridge :P

Life can take it's lemons and shove em :L

eat oranges and it will be k

eat oranges and it will be k

Oranges sure are delicious ...

Posted Image

Oranges sure are delicious ...

%20http://gmfranci.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/train-derail-31.jpg%20

sigh, and not a single refference was understood that day -_-

sigh, and not a single refference was understood that day -_-

I'm not a particularly good internet denizen .. I also know next to nothing about LoL .. Including what it is.

I'm not a particularly good internet denizen .. I also know next to nothing about LoL .. Including what it is.

oh alright, all charges are dropped, move along citizen

I have been testing the mod. While it IS compatible with TFC, due to the fact that it tries to generate mountains up of the height limit, you can't create new worlds, even if you didn't touched a single option of it. So, no, that's not the solution for them :

LoL

I was not suggesting using this mod with TFCraft. I was suggesting taking a peek at all the world gen options the guy has exposed as a starting point to see what others have been able to expose through world gen options so far :)

<offtopic>

Don't quote me though.

Consider yourself quoted. </offtopic>

Anyway, I definately like the idea of increasing the realism of biome spawns. I once built a settlement right next to the edge of a taiga. Going from ice and snow then moving 50 meters and I'm bright green hills and grass didn't quite seem right...

And for certain survival setups, being able to select which biomes you want to spawn would be a fun option someday. There are already cases of people specifically making a survival island and such to fit the way they want to challenge themself for survival, so being able to have an all jungle world, or even your own Hoth, would be pretty neat.

You guys might be interested in this.

Aw man .. I just got a look at that there .. It's awesome !

Could it be re-jigged in any way to generate similar worlds for TFC ?

LoL

I was not suggesting using this mod with TFCraft. I was suggesting taking a peek at all the world gen options the guy has exposed as a starting point to see what others have been able to expose through world gen options so far :)

Oh ._.

So yeah, it would be AWESOME to get to use it along with TFC. If only the world was taller... *-*

Aw man .. I just got a look at that there .. It's awesome !

Could it be re-jigged in any way to generate similar worlds for TFC ?

+1 If possible in any way.

+1 If possible in any way.

Yet another plus one, and I think it should be a rule that EVERY topic in this forum MUST get derailed at least once.

Yet another plus one, and I think it should be a rule that EVERY topic in this forum MUST get derailed at least once.

It's one of those rules that you won't see writen anywhere, and yet you are accepting them by registering in the forum.

Kinda like the Terms of use.

Oh ._.

So yeah, it would be AWESOME to get to use it along with TFC. If only the world was taller... *-*

Wedge is a 256 tall world (on a side note I have talked with that mod developer extensively about world gen, very nice guy :)). The biggest hurdle is that TFCraft is done in two passes for generating the world and Wedge is not.. I think that would mess up ore generation and such that TFCraft relies upon. Might be better just to ask for the options to tweak the TFCraft generation than to try and get these two working together :)

Here is a thought. Since we already have months and so forth in TFC then why no have biome generation where if you go really far north or south the number of snow biomes you bump into increases etc (or something similar) however since i know pretty much nothing about computer coding i don't know whether this would be possible...

Here is a thought. Since we already have months and so forth in TFC then why no have biome generation where if you go really far north or south the number of snow biomes you bump into increases etc (or something similar) however since i know pretty much nothing about computer coding i don't know whether this would be possible...

-_________- you didn't read anything. Do not post until you have read the other threads. It has already been confirmed that temperature will be locked to the z axis and biomes will spawn accordingly.

um i think that it already is taller than vanilla at least, couldve sworn those mountains were higher than 128 blocks above

ugh mojang, y u make world height higher but not actually fix world gen to go with that

and umm, what does this prove?

selecting the biomes spawn in really isnt that beleivable

Oh for goddamn, can't you ignorant people just realise there should be and option for those who wants this.

It's not forced upon you, but say: IF I WANT AN ALL TAIGA WORLD, LET ME HAVE IT.

Honestly, can't you see this is purely an opinion?.

IF I WANT AN ALL TAIGA WORLD, LET ME HAVE IT.

'cause that's totaly how real life works

'cause that's totaly how real life works

if you are a spoiled rich kid, it does

or a banker definitly a banker

if you are a spoiled rich kid, it does

or a banker definitly a banker

yeah being rich totaly lets you chose the environment you are born in