Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sdbaynham

More Sluicing & Panning

100 posts in this topic

It isn't seperate knowledge you still have to know and research yourself, I don't see why this is a problem.

-snip-

Meta skill, meta knowledge .. I much prefer meta skill to "Steve is a level 5 blacksmith". I feel the same about research.

Meta skill, meta knowledge .. I much prefer meta skill to "Steve is a level 5 blacksmith". I feel the same about research.

I would be okay with this suggestion actually, and don't you dare crux this thread eternal and sasquatch!

and don't you dare crux this thread eternal and sasquatch!

Posted Image

Son of a.... you ballsy sir XD

Son of a.... you ballsy sir XD

They call me Big Balls McGee back in tha' hood, son

I DEEPLY dislike this research system, and I will tell you why.

I do not under any circumstances want Steve to learn anything about his world.

I want to learn things about MY world. If I find magnetite, and I don't know what the fuck that is, I do not want TFC giving me hints on the matter and going 'Oh magnetite is this this and this' after a little progress bar does its thing. I want to have to drag my ass to google or wikipedia and do some actual legit research. ACTUAL research. Not in game research. ACTUAL research. I will repeat this for as long as necessary.

And I will continue to take any suggestions that separate my knowledge from steves, and crucify them with blunt rusty nails shaped like penises.

I have spoken.

reminds me of the egoraptor megaman review, "megaman megaman use the megabuster to kill.... SHUT UP!!"

Posted Image

Posted Image

They call me, uh, Tom, back in where I come from, son

-snip-

Now, now. I enjoy a bit of Thor as much as the next man, but lets not start another religious argument on here :P

I have censored myself several times for the greater good :L :L

Ehhhrmmm... why is TC the "mod that shouldn't be named" (cause I love it just like TFC, too) ? *puts on helmet*

And I can understand your points with the reaserch system for TFC. But I think this could be better as soon as the wiki is up to date (due to the development speed... never, but thats ok).

You've been flagged, and don't take that helmet off... the only way i'm ever OK with research is if i receive something useful from it, like a book with moar knowledge, or an attribute to help me out. Never just info i already know upon replaying the game, cause then it gets boring.

Ehhhrmmm... why is TC the "mod that shouldn't be named" (cause I love it just like TFC, too) ? *puts on helmet*

Haha, woah, don't dare mention Thaumcraft, people will have a shitfit because of ~mod rivalry~

HE SAID THE WORD! ETERNAL, GRAB THOSE NAILS AND GET OUR THOR! Lol jk, but seriously.

Don't be so harsh, I'm new *snif* ;_;

And I would agree that a simple research system wouldn't quite fit the TFC gameplay, since the fun is to hardly gather all the knowledge from experimenting with all the ores and minerals.

Don't be so harsh, I'm new *snif* ;_;

And I would agree that a simple research system wouldn't quite fit the TFC gameplay, since the fun is to hardly gather all the knowledge from experimenting with all the ores and minerals.

We don't talk about it because it and TFC are polar opposites, as is EE. In both of the 'magic mods', you start out vanilla (that is to say, pretty well-off already), and then slowly accrue more and more power until you're flying around and shooting lightning out of your invincible ass like you're the god king of space.

In TFC by contrast, you start off huddling desperately around a campfire and scrabbling across the ground clutching at spare rocks, and then advance ultimately to a level just under vanilla (with the exception of the mad OP armor, but I like that part :3).

In TFC, the best you can aspire to be is king of a small server

With the magic mods, the best you can aspire to be is Shiva destroyer of fucking worlds.

Edit: also, lol Richard. LFG ftw

Double edit: Jesus Dunk, how many times can you click that button?! I just got 13 alerts :wacko:

If rename this system from "research system" to "examination system" would people not connect it the mod that shall not be mentioned because its getting annoying.

If rename this system from "research system" to "examination system" would people not connect it the mod that shall not be mentioned because its getting annoying.

no, we still would.

The nails are in the room... Name it, and it goes through every vital organ in your body. Magic mods are fun, when all you wanna do is nothing.

Research forces you to find things to proceed on to more OP stuff. Point: The more advanced and op you get ,the easy it is to get more advanced and op.

Okay really? can we stop with the crucifixion? once was okay, but using it and bringing religion into the threads with pictures is wholly unnecessary and tasteless. You guys need to calm down about comparisons and meta skills. You don't like it? deal with it, you don't have to start trolling everyone about it. we heard you the first time /rant over

Okay really? can we stop with the crucifixion? once was okay, but using it and bringing religion into the threads with pictures is wholly unnecessary and tasteless. You guys need to calm down about comparisons and meta skills. You don't like it? deal with it, you don't have to start trolling everyone about it. we heard you the first time /rant over

I made one joke, and followed up with a funny picture. Then I started talking about other stuff.

Go yell at Sas.

Concede, also that was not a religious one except for Eternal's one picture. Crucifixion is something the Romans did a long time before Jesus was. It's a horrid torture and death, so deal with it, i was talking through a historical stand point not a religious one. Also, i know no Norse people :P

I realize it is not inheritenly religious, but still, it can get annoying as many of us associate it with religion. I would like to get back on topic with this thread maybe?

i had an idea that may or may not be rejected outright, what about using a pick/propick with a stone (inv crafting) would destroy the stone, damage the pick slightly, and have a slight chance of revealing small ore, geodes, or gems.

Unless i get LED's i'm not quite up for geodes, but maybe, just maybe, small ore traces can be found by destroying it with the propick, not in the iv. table, cause then you could see it and not waste your durability on it.

I realize it is not inheritenly religious, but still, it can get annoying as many of us associate it with religion. I would like to get back on topic with this thread maybe?

i had an idea that may or may not be rejected outright, what about using a pick/propick with a stone (inv crafting) would destroy the stone, damage the pick slightly, and have a slight chance of revealing small ore, geodes, or gems.

...I don't like it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0