Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sdbaynham

More Sluicing & Panning

100 posts in this topic

Right, what i meant to say, was something like a new gui, or somehow mask a result of the creation, IE the resulting item is a slightly damaged pick, and there is a chance that another item will also spawn, either that or it could use a new gui for it.

...I don't like it.

May i know why?

On second thought... i don't really see all that much use for it, when we have sluices. so scratch that idea.

Edited by Scooterdanny

tell me if this sounds like a good idea

what if we added a "note book" to the prospecting system

every so often while digging or working in your mine steve automatically writes down an observation about his surroundings in the note book

than you could read what had been written about that particular area. if steve observed something interesting, than it would appear in the book with high lighting.

you wouldn t need the book all the time, though it could come in handy while exploring a large area of land.

not sure if that sounds useful, though its what we in the prospecting world do every 5 min >.<

the stuff written down would not appear in the chat, as that would get REALLY annoying

Snip

i would actually really like this, it would allow me to play without constantly checking the wiki (which is more or less cheating), and would make it so if you didn't want to use it, then you just don't make the book.

tell me if this sounds like a good idea

what if we added a "note book" to the prospecting system

every so often while digging or working in your mine steve automatically writes down an observation about his surroundings in the note book

than you could read what had been written about that particular area. if steve observed something interesting, than it would appear in the book with high lighting.

you wouldn t need the book all the time, though it could come in handy while exploring a large area of land.

not sure if that sounds useful, though its what we in the prospecting world do every 5 min >.<

the stuff written down would not appear in the chat, as that would get REALLY annoying

I thought of that too (damit, why didn't I write it).

Since the self learning aspect of TFC is HUGE a personal notebook would be great, especially for the ore related facts. +1

I really like the flake idea! I use sluices to examine areas once I have things set up, and it would be fantastic (and realistic) to find small particles of ores that give you an idea for what sort of metals could be found in an area.

This thread got really weird really fast.

Just a side question from me: since I have trouble finding enough ores I have considered to build a big sluice area.

SO I wanted to ask: how is the metal-appereance-rate of sluices linked to the actual deposites of metals?

Will they drop more if there is a trace of metal (discovered for example with propick) under it?

Or do they just drop the main metal of the region with a fixed rate, so the actual distance to the ore is unimportant?

And how can I find gold and other rarer stuff with it, cause I only got sphalerite so far (and gems).

The rate of ore drop isn't affected by the quantity. More than one ore can drop, but I think it's like, a weighted average or something? I've seen huge veins completely bomb nearby ores from showing up in the sluice.

Ok I need a little more reasoning, why is this idea connected to the T word at all. All the work is done by you not Steve, All research is done by you not Steve. The only thing Steve does is the only thing we can't do which is test the flake, just to find basic info that you as the player need to decipher. I would like to know what is wrong with that.

Ok I need a little more reasoning, why is this idea connected to the T word at all. All the work is done by you not Steve, All research is done by you not Steve. The only thing Steve does is the only thing we can't do which is test the flake, just to find basic info that you as the player need to decipher. I would like to know what is wrong with that.

Don't expect to get anywhere with a valid argument. They hate TC for some shitty reason and that's that. :/

Ya no kidding, I'll have to remember not to say the r*s***c* word now also.

Research. Wooh, so what, when we go to the wiki, we aren't conducting research either, someone else is spoonfeeding us direct information, which is substantially different than experience based notes. On a side note, the sluices... I don't know, would the quantities of the metallic flakes be identifiable?

Don't expect to get anywhere with a valid argument. They hate TC for some shitty reason and that's that. :/

It's not a shitty reason and I explained rather fully why we don't talk about it around here.

We (or at least I) don't hate thaumcraft, and in fact I'm using thaumcraft in an LP I'm doing on youtube right now.

It's not a shitty reason and I explained rather fully why we don't talk about it around here.

We (or at least I) don't hate thaumcraft, and in fact I'm using thaumcraft in an LP I'm doing on youtube right now.

You make LP's?

How can I find you on Youtube?

By the way thanks for the quick info on the sluices guys, think I will just look for a wide coast and start my sluices up there.

will you be doing TFC?

I think he said he would several times...

And i'm not looking any of his videos until he does :X

Well that's not any fun! i'm a bit sad that there are 3 vids missing :( in magicraft, i watched a bit though, eternal, if you want a co-op partner for tfc, i'd be happy to help.

will you be doing TFC?

I've stated elsewhere that I will. I'll be calling it Realcraft and playing with TFC, Rei's Minimap (limited), Smart Moving, possibly a few other 'realism' mods if I find any that are fitting and don't add new items or blocks, and the glsl shader.

Really, I'm only waiting until magiccraft is finished and the shader becomes compatible with TFC, and then I'll be starting Realcraft. I feel that the wait also benefits me since TFC will hopefully be on a more stable build that I can play for a while by the time I start. It will be SMP, and I'll be playing with my friend Fearick. I may or may not decide to open this up to other people. That decision will likely hinge on whether or not bioxx has added any of the economy stuff by then.

If not, it'll just be a 'two guys surviving on their own' thing. If he has tho, I may turn it into a 'beginnings of a nation' sort of deal.

Not sure where I'll have the server... I could use my beast computer, but she's beast for a PC, not a dedicated server. A dedicated server has stats that make my baby look like a laptop (meaning no, I won't be able to run the 50+ person official TFC forums server we all want)

Well that's not any fun! i'm a bit sad that there are 3 vids missing :( in magicraft, i watched a bit though, eternal, if you want a co-op partner for tfc, i'd be happy to help.

Trust me, they aren't videos you want to see. Unless you enjoy spotty-to-nil audio.

I've stated elsewhere that I will. I'll be calling it Realcraft and playing with TFC, Rei's Minimap (limited), Smart Moving, possibly a few other 'realism' mods if I find any that are fitting and don't add new items or blocks, and the glsl shader.

Really, I'm only waiting until magiccraft is finished and the shader becomes compatible with TFC, and then I'll be starting Realcraft. I feel that the wait also benefits me since TFC will hopefully be on a more stable build that I can play for a while by the time I start. It will be SMP, and I'll be playing with my friend Fearick. I may or may not decide to open this up to other people. That decision will likely hinge on whether or not bioxx has added any of the economy stuff by then.

If not, it'll just be a 'two guys surviving on their own' thing. If he has tho, I may turn it into a 'beginnings of a nation' sort of deal.

Not sure where I'll have the server... I could use my beast computer, but she's beast for a PC, not a dedicated server. A dedicated server has stats that make my baby look like a laptop (meaning no, I won't be able to run the 50+ person official TFC forums server we all want)

Trust me, they aren't videos you want to see. Unless you enjoy spotty-to-nil audio.

you got the glsl shader working? PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW

*shrugs* anyways, what about the Realcraft, is that SP or are you going to have a partner(s)

doesn't he say "til the shader becomes compatible with TFC"?

*shrugs* anyways, what about the Realcraft, is that SP or are you going to have a partner(s)

...I spent pretty much half my post explaining that. Please read more carefully.

I said this will be delayed until they become compatible.

Gods people...

Facepalm... sorry man, i'm tired :(

just sayin', probly also using atomicstryker's dynamic lights mod when they're made compatible

just sayin'

About The testing for ores, now i don't want the propick to be any more accurate, but i would like to be able to retest the block to get another reading, because as it is, i cannot tell whether the ore traces simply stop, or if it is an inaccuracy .

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0