Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

54 posts in this topic

Can we get some caves like in vanilla Minecraft and maybe some resources on walls.I started 3 worlds for testing but there are no resources or caves.I downloaded mod 6 days ago and i love the mechanics but i cant find any caves. Also contact Jeb to implement this mod into original game but with the special button when starting a world to select or maybe implement this into hardcore Minecraft?

I'll stop you right there to avoid chastization from the higher ups. Swiss cheese caves of vanilla are really unrealistic, ores take skill not wandering to find in very large pockets deep in rock. Why do people think it is the easiest thing in the world to ask Mojang to have a mod implemented. One reason mods are made is because they will never be in Minecraft.

I've yet to find a cave. I have found a ravine, though. Also on two seperate maps I've found surface ore deposits. One was some copper on an exposed flat basalt surface. The other was Bismuth in granite on the side of a mountain.

I personally like the rarity of caves. One feature you may not have encountered yet is the "Cave In" feature, where unsupported rock walls will collapse. This causes the ground above it to make a sink hole. To my knowledge, the cave in is cause when the block is updated, whether that be a creeper exposion, mining, or placing blocks. A friend of mine once recounted a story of a Minecrafter running from a creeper and once it exploded, the world around him collapsed about 50 blocks, due to a network of caves. How would you feel, when working on your house, the ground around you suddenly drops 10-20 blocks?

Caves are rare on purpose, along with ores. It gives this mod a skill and difficulty that vanilla can't give.

Let's see...

-Vanilla cave systems are pretty dumb ._. Caves don't usually are like the path of a giant worm, but more like giant aislated air pockets. About ore, i think it do spawn in cave walls, but nevertheless it is far more distributed in the world than vanilla ore is. You can't find any caves because it's now impossible/very rare to find caves at the surface level, so they don't have a surface entrace. You're more likely to find them by accident while mining or by chunck errors which let you see through the world.

-ALL OF MY NO. Firstly, this mod is (or wil be in a future) known because it eliminates almost every single vanilla obtainable item and replace it with a TFC version; Then, this is highly unlikely to be implemented directly in Minecraft (if they do care about mod makers :) because close to a billion mods -some of which are very big and used- will repentinely become uncompatible or unusable. Nearly all of the minecraft community will leave the game for ever, most because their favorite mod has became completely uncompatible with the game, and a minor part because they actually like how easy things are in minecraft and don't want it to change.

Secondly, looking at the direction Jed has taken minecraft to, IF TFC gets implemented in vanilla, he is likely to ruin it by adding lot easier ways to advance, ridiculous dimensions and "scary" mobs. The only thing i'm waiting from minecraft as of right now is the adventure mode, so players can't cheat in my maps :

Finally, the mod is looking to get away from the non-senses and unbalance minecraft has. If the cave systems generation changed, was either because of balance issues, Bioxx don't liking the vanilla cave systems, or both.

I've yet to find a cave. I have found a ravine, though. Also on two seperate maps I've found surface ore deposits. One was some copper on an exposed flat basalt surface. The other was Bismuth in granite on the side of a mountain.

yes the point of early to a bit after mid-game is keeping to the surface for ores as was done. Mines should not exist until well into mid-game for more alloys

yes the point of early to a bit after mid-game is keeping to the surface for ores as was done. Mines should not exist until well into mid-game for more alloys

Oh? I've yet to find readily available surface ores. Just the two I had mentioned.

With that said, am I missing something? I generally have to dig/mine to find Tin and Copper.

Can we get some caves like in vanilla Minecraft and maybe some resources on walls.I started 3 worlds for testing but there are no resources or caves.I downloaded mod 6 days ago and i love the mechanics but i cant find any caves. Also contact Jeb to implement this mod into original game but with the special button when starting a world to select or maybe implement this into hardcore Minecraft?

your username.... seems... rather inappropriate. I hope that's not what you had in mind.

Oh? I've yet to find readily available surface ores. Just the two I had mentioned.

With that said, am I missing something? I generally have to dig/mine to find Tin and Copper.

your first metal should be gathered with a sluice and from the loose rocks on the ground, and a little strip mining is all, no deep mines of moria is what I'm saying

your first metal should be gathered with a sluice and from the loose rocks on the ground, and a little strip mining is all, no deep mines of moria is what I'm saying

Understood. Yea my very first piece of metal is generally from a sluice. Then I make a chisel and bloomery and get my second for a pickaxe.

I generally stay within the first striation of rock until later on. Trying to find granite near the surface.

your username.... seems... rather inappropriate. I hope that's not what you had in mind.

HA! xD

Gutter mind. :P

I... Honestly don't get it... not too sure if i want to ask lol.

I... Honestly don't get it... not too sure if i want to ask lol.

Not sure if I should tell you, so I won't. I will tell you, however, to go look up "beaver" in urbandictionary.com

Oh... lol, that's not all THAT bad, i've seen much worse on that website lol, i think the username is just like me fabricating the name : InfernalToaster

Oh... lol, that's not all THAT bad, i've seen much worse on that website lol, i think the username is just like me fabricating the name : InfernalToaster

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to tell me... specifically the "name fabrication" part.

As in, random words thrown together, just for kicks...

As in, random words thrown together, just for kicks...

Ahhh, cause I am sure as Hell that I've actually SEEN the user name "InfernalToaster" before... Oh! I have! It was in an online game I used to play, The dude named himself "Infernal Toaster" after the toaster from Foamy The Squirrel!

Ahhh, cause I am sure as Hell that I've actually SEEN the user name "InfernalToaster" before... Oh! I have! It was in an online game I used to play, The dude named himself "Infernal Toaster" after the toaster from Foamy The Squirrel!

Got to say, props for your name. Are you carrying your towel ?

Got to say, props for your name. Are you carrying your towel ?

My Skin ingame has one, yes, and at college I carry one in my satchel. It HAS come in handy on more than one occasion

My Skin ingame has one, yes, and at college I carry one in my satchel. It HAS come in handy on more than one occasion

That is dedication ! I can think of several situations where I could have used a towel in my daily life.

That is dedication ! I can think of several situations where I could have used a towel in my daily life.

Towels, By Douglas Adams, but yes, it actually came in usefull, and those who saw me with it actually asked if it was because of the HHGTTG

Towels, By Douglas Adams, but yes, it actually came in usefull, and those who saw me with it actually asked if it was because of the HHGTTG

I need to get one of those. Nothing will calm a tense situation more than whipping out a "Don't Panic" towel. Either that, or it will add to the confusion as people question why a towel has entered suddenly, causing a human equivalent of the Dwarf Fortress tantrum spiral. Ultimately, it will result in much "fun".

I need to get one of those. Nothing will calm a tense situation more than whipping out a "Don't Panic" towel. Either that, or it will add to the confusion as people question why a towel has entered suddenly, causing a human equivalent of the Dwarf Fortress tantrum spiral. Ultimately, it will result in much "fun".

Just like the DF Tantrum Spiral!!!

I really need to understand how to play that game, it looks like so much fun.

Also, it's just a plain ol' Bath towel, nothing special about it, it's just a largeish blue towel

Just like the DF Tantrum Spiral!!!

I really need to understand how to play that game, it looks like so much fun.

Also, it's just a plain ol' Bath towel, nothing special about it, it's just a largeish blue towel

If you want to learn dwarf fortress I recommend a book called "getting started with dwarf fortress". You can google it and find a free download pretty easily. I would also advise you download the "lazy newb pack" because it comes with a texture pack and a couple of utilities :)