Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DarkLadyPhoenix

Monster spawns

60 posts in this topic

Maybe not as official, but some mod maybe? I read a while ago about having monsters not spawn in houses, so I'm assuming this is coming eventually.

My current problem is I will painstakingly light up my house, my fruit groves, wall in and light a farm field and tree farm.... have ugly torches everywhere in the name of safety and reassurance that it's safe to leave my house only to have zombies and creepers spawn in the trees. :/ Can they be made to... not spawn in trees please?

Maybe not as official, but some mod maybe? I read a while ago about having monsters not spawn in houses, so I'm assuming this is coming eventually.

My current problem is I will painstakingly light up my house, my fruit groves, wall in and light a farm field and tree farm.... have ugly torches everywhere in the name of safety and reassurance that it's safe to leave my house only to have zombies and creepers spawn in the trees. :/ Can they be made to... not spawn in trees please?

Monsters will spawn in special dungeons deep underground only. We are planning to supe up the bears and wolves to provide enough of a challenge for you on the durface. Hope that helps :)

Monsters will spawn in special dungeons deep underground only. We are planning to supe up the bears and wolves to provide enough of a challenge for you on the durface. Hope that helps :)

That would be nice. Fits more with the vibe I'm getting from TFC.

While we're on the subject of monsters and their spawns, I don't know if it's been talked about before, but what are you guys gonna do with Endermen?

That would be nice. Fits more with the vibe I'm getting from TFC.

While we're on the subject of monsters and their spawns, I don't know if it's been talked about before, but what are you guys gonna do with Endermen?

Endermen are getting a complete make over to make them look scarier. They will look more skeletal and gaunt and are going to act as sort of soul collectors for the new end.

I just hope you guys don't just add north american mobs ._.

It's more of a wish, because i know it would take years to make so many mobs for different countries, but still... i would like some of my well known animals from here to be found in my TFC worlds :3 That's something i could call "home, sweet home"

I just hope you guys don't just add north american mobs ._.

It's more of a wish, because i know it would take years to make so many mobs for different countries, but still... i would like some of my well known animals from here to be found in my TFC worlds :3 That's something i could call "home, sweet home"

Mobs spawns are being adjusted to fit their habitat. You might have already noticed bears and wolves don't spawn in grasslands, rainforests or deserts. TFC will be getting a variety of dangerous mobs (once I fix all of vanilla's and get a new modelbase for the mobs with the proper joints). That way you can fight bears in the boreal forests or perhaps panthers in the jungle. Who knows? :)

Endermen are getting a complete make over to make them look scarier. They will look more skeletal and gaunt and are going to act as sort of soul collectors for the new end.

Sounds good, man. The main question I had was, are they gonna be moved out of the Normal world? When they were added to Vanilla, I thought they were so out of place. They should have been in the nether, in my opinion

Sounds good, man. The main question I had was, are they gonna be moved out of the Normal world? When they were added to Vanilla, I thought they were so out of place. They should have been in the nether, in my opinion

seeing as they are an "end" mob, that would be a rather awkward place for them :P lol.

No, I don't think they will be removed from the overworld, but probably moved underground with the rest of the baddies.

seeing as they are an "end" mob, that would be a rather awkward place for them :P lol.

No, I don't think they will be removed from the overworld, but probably moved underground with the rest of the baddies.

Ok. But seriously, I thought they looked so out of place in the overworld.

Oh f yes. Scary shit underground and normal badass creatures on the surface.

Oh f yes. Scary shit underground and normal badass creatures on the surface.

badass, i do not think that word means what you think it does

I would imagine that if heat and cold is also implemented and the need to keep warm or cool enough to not freeze or roast, this also would add a significant danger level to the surface also along with bears and wolves.

Will be nice though to design a house and have it not flood with monsters cause i only have mood lighting.

A bear is not badass? Is that just because it's not a bear Calvary? :( At any rate it's not going to be in my fucking trees ironically enough.

A bear is not badass? Is that just because it's not a bear Calvary? :( At any rate it's not going to be in my fucking trees ironically enough.

tree bear is watching you play minecraft

Sooooo... the Reaper, instead of Slenderman? I'm okay with this.

After all, I've listened to the Blue Oyster Cult plenty

Mobs spawns are being adjusted to fit their habitat. You might have already noticed bears and wolves don't spawn in grasslands, rainforests or deserts. TFC will be getting a variety of dangerous mobs (once I fix all of vanilla's and get a new modelbase for the mobs with the proper joints). That way you can fight bears in the boreal forests or perhaps panthers in the jungle. Who knows? :)

Regarding new models - are you going to do the same to the player model? I've got a test for a more complex player model I did some time ago lying around.

Regarding new models - are you going to do the same to the player model? I've got a test for a more complex player model I did some time ago lying around.

As far as I'm aware Dunk stated no changes will be made to player models, namely height

That sounds cool, I always thought skeletons and zombies were kind of silly, especially since the mod adds some realism to Minecraft.

As far as I'm aware Dunk stated no changes will be made to player models, namely height

I've seen that comment as well but I assumed it was just regarding height - namely 2 blocks - which won't / can't be changed.

I've seen that comment as well but I assumed it was just regarding height - namely 2 blocks - which won't / can't be changed.

I don't remember saying this. I mean I could... but I think it would destroy mod compatibility (not saying we're not about to do that anyway though =P)

not saying we're not about to do that anyway though =P

Ooooh .. I wonder what is going on :D

As long as it doesn't break smart move, we're all good here :P

Ooooh .. I wonder what is going on :D

As long as it doesn't break smart move, we're all good here :P

uh oh.

uh oh.

UH OH !

I'll actually live :P .. But I think other people may take this badly ¬.¬ .. SM has become part of this mod practically :P

I'd rather see you take TFC in it's intended direction than avoid implementing features just to keep a mod compatible :)

UH OH !

I'll actually live :P .. But I think other people may take this badly ¬.¬ .. SM has become part of this mod practically :P

I'd rather see you take TFC in it's intended direction than avoid implementing features just to keep a mod compatible :)

part of updating the combat system and health system for foods and medicine and whatnot that Bioxx wants includes editing the base Player files. Doing this breaks compatibility with PlayerAPI which is required for SM

part of updating the combat system and health system for foods and medicine and whatnot that Bioxx wants includes editing the base Player files. Doing this breaks compatibility with PlayerAPI which is required for SM

I understand :) You've got at least one supportive vote on this .. Ultimately, to be everything TFC should be, it will be incompatible with most mods I presume ? I came to terms with that some time ago :P