Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leosallespoli

Starter metals are easy to find

20 posts in this topic

Contrary to the normal blither of saying starter ores are far too hard to find.

This is, if you are complaining. Otherwise, disregard.

Indeed.

I'm not complaining, not at all. I just find annoying when someone posts how they are having a bad time getting to start a new world, because of how hard it is to find when you don't know where to look. It just sounds like whining

Ah, so this explains that it isn't difficult? Well good work then.

This does not by any means mean the game is easier. If you think it does, find a real starter ore vein that fast. Just sayin' :P

This does not by any means mean the game is easier. If you think it does, find a real starter ore vein that fast. Just sayin' :P

Actually yes it does. As I reported here on the bug tracker and in first impressions, low tier ores are all still spawning at Y=130 consistently (49h), which makes it ignorantly simple to find and mine them as soon as you collect enough rock nuggets for a pick. In most cases you don't even need a propick, it's guaranteed to be near any nugget find on the surface.

The issue has been acknowledged and I'm sure Bioxx is still messing with the terrain/ore gen so that doesn't mean it's going to be set in stone (badump-bump).

Ah, so this explains that it isn't difficult? Well good work then.

I'm not explaining, i'm showing. And if the start is so much easier than before then yes it makes the game easier.

find a real starter ore vein that fast

I have dug down those spots and found them.... It is not that hard, like Najual said the ores are spawning near surface, and from my experience with this world i've shown sphalerite is pandemic.

I too am exceedingly masochistic and thoroughly enjoy the tedium of eating up several starter metal picks in a vain search for starter ore. There should be absolutely no solid or repeatable method for finding starter ores. They should be totally random in placement and furthermore, the propick's range should be increased ten-fold, you know, to increase the monotony of breaking out of the stone age.

Any consistent means to understanding this wonderful mod should be stopped immediately! :rolleyes:

I too am exceedingly masochistic and thoroughly enjoy the tedium of eating up several starter metal picks in a vain search for starter ore. There should be absolutely no solid or repeatable method for finding starter ores. They should be totally random in placement and furthermore, the propick's range should be increased ten-fold, you know, to increase the monotony of breaking out of the stone age.

Any consistent means to understanding this wonderful mod should be stopped immediately! :rolleyes:

Correct me if i'm wrong but as I've read previously the attempt with this mod is to make minecraft more difficult, without being stupid.

If it takes several picks doesn't mean it is difficult, maybe you don't know where or how to search. You could search random places and destroy several picks just being stupid. And if the range of the propick would be increased ten fold doesn't mean either that is more difficult if you know how it works... What would make it more difficult is increase the rate of false positives, that would be insane! Anyway, if you have a deposit that makes you stay there for a lifetime it is, again correct me if I'm wrong, not as designed to be.

Your attempt to be ironic fails too hard... sorry.

Correct me if i'm wrong but as I've read previously the attempt with this mod is to make minecraft more difficult, without being stupid.

If it takes several picks doesn't mean it is difficult, maybe you don't know where or how to search. You could search random places and destroy several picks just being stupid. And if the range of the propick would be increased ten fold doesn't mean either that is more difficult if you know how it works... What would make it more difficult is increase the rate of false positives, that would be insane! Anyway, if you have a deposit that makes you stay there for a lifetime it is, again correct me if I'm wrong, not as designed to be.

Your attempt to be ironic fails too hard... sorry.

It was just sarcasm. Sorry you missed it. :P

It was just sarcasm. Sorry you missed it. :P

I guess i did...

Started a new world (as I neigh on deleted about 8 chunks worth of stone below my house) and had the same situation. I in fact had a full stack of copper before any other metal (including from sluicing). 6 of which I got before having two of any other metal (except the silver in the first two sluices I built, which are sifting out piles of silver--18 nuggets so far).

All told from rocks (all very close to my house) I've picked up 8 small cassiterite, 9 native copper, and 4 small bismuth.

The two sluices I set up near where I found the four bismuth have collected 18 more nuggets, though the two sluices near where I found the copper have sifted out a mere 3 nuggest of cassiterite.

Every torch (excepting my house, lower right) is where I found a nugget of some metal. Just up-right of center is the third set of sluices.

Posted Image

I have to ask, why the gold pans? in my experience, you have to try like 30 times before you have a chance of finding a positive result.

I have to ask, why the gold pans? in my experience, you have to try like 30 times before you have a chance of finding a positive result.

...To fill sluices with?

Each one adds 7 dirt. If I were to dig up that same block of gravel and shove it in bodily, I'd get 20. So using a gold pan 3 times is a net profit, and on average you can gold pan a single block about 8 times before it is destroyed.

Means I need to go gravel hunting less.

I'm honestly surprised no one else figured that out.

Hmm, makes sense i guess thanks for the info Draco.

Sure.

Just ran into another area of significant mineral wealth (2 cassiterite within 2 blocks of each other, 8 total) and...

I got a small hematite by punching a small rock.

By the way, does anyone know what the search range is for small rocks?

Sure.

Just ran into another area of significant mineral wealth (2 cassiterite within 2 blocks of each other, 8 total) and...

I got a small hematite by punching a small rock.

Why are you people so lucky... :(

Even sphalerite is obscenely rare for me, my world seriously has no ores anywhere, whatsoever. On top of that, clay is nonexistant (I've been ranting a bit about this, but seriously, it is a pain in the ass.)

By the way, does anyone know what the search range is for small rocks?

I really don't know how big it is... what i know is, it is ridiculously big, so you can't use it for specific prospecting. I mean, you can use it to know that there is that ore in the area, but not to know where it is. I think that's in place firstly for making the finding of ore a little easier, so players which ore veins spawned near botton can find something to start with, and secondly, so the prospector pick -and it's 12 blocks each side area of scanning- is a must if the players do want to advance further the first metals. The same goes to gold panning and sluices.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0