Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aaduh

Seed pouch

38 posts in this topic

You can still build superstructures, just takes work. If I wanted a fast and powerful way to make it happen I'd probably play tekkit.

Exactly!

and we won't have half finished ones lying all across my damn server because someone just up and decided, ima build something, and got bored. >_<

I agree renadi at first i was personally quite afraid of the idea but then came to realize what it could do.

The biggest problem with superstructures is that they are very boring to build. So much boredom. We are doing the same thing over and over. Hopefully the construction update will cause a little more drama. I'm curious to see how he will deal with a falling wall. Will the wall actually fall? Or just act like dirt does currently?

I'm glad someone actually thought about the idea though, rather than ignore it. Usually i don't even get insulted just ignored hopefully we can actually think through it here though

I guess we are going to be stuck with the vanilla system after all, what a shame I expected people to want to fix it.

I guess we are going to be stuck with the vanilla system after all, what a shame I expected people to want to fix it.

yknow i realized a lot of good ideas end up this way, it's sad really, seeing such good thoughts go to waste

Wow I posted this in two threads at once didn't I! Although I am bummed about this one I was bumping it to look for suggestions/insults for this idea, sorry bout that folks. I definitely agree srg like I said this is the second bump like this I have made today.

Wow I posted this in two threads at once didn't I! Although I am bummed about this one I was bumping it to look for suggestions/insults for this idea, sorry bout that folks. I definitely agree srg like I said this is the second bump like this I have made today.

nah its okay

how about leather armour adds a pocket just for seeds you could decrease inventory space before armours to make it more Beliveable since basically we all spawn in rags with no pockets (naked?) then you make your spear (javelin) and get some leather for clothing this clothing you snip a few pockets in to with a knife and then it adds more inventory and so you could make it beliveable that you could make a small pouch or pocket just for gathering seeds also since we now have wild plants it is beliveable that you would know what seeds are what and bundle then with a piece of paper folded up (i do this irl when gardening my 1 year plants)

i think what we are talking about here is not adding lots of bags but a little convenient pouch for just seeds inventory is a big issue when you are trying to find a home and gather materials on the way and seeds are so small they dont really fill up a entire inventory ofc you could just find a spot make a home and then go collecting things but it would still be not as fun to me

Thank you for the comment, I wouldn't mind having coats that included pockets or pants with pockets that would be nice but armor doesn't really strike me as something to store something in however I could be wrong. Now that I reread that I notice you say leather armor meaning you are saying that the armor would act like a coat or pants. I would be fine with this but some distinction between the two(hard leather vs. soft) would be nice. I agree sewing pockets into leather things would be great and would make a good use for string as well as leather. They could use metadata in replacement of enchantments as I doubt you will want to enchant your pants. We could simply say that it needs to be metal to be enchantable.

I like the pouch, I think it would work well but rather than directly expanding the inventory it would just be something that takes up a single slot and things are stored within it similar to the toolbox from IC2. I see the pouch have a certain number of total seeds and then once it reaches that limit no longer excepting seeds, it would just add up number of seeds from each stack. You might be able to even factor in size so that something small may count as less.

You are correct I would be happy with only the pouch and not an inventory overhaul however I would be absolutely ecstatic. If Bioxx goes above and beyond like he normally does it is why I have came to love this mod.

since basically we all spawn in rags with no pockets (naked?)

I learned how to make skins so I could make a semi-naked caveman skin after I started playing this mod. It gave me a reason to make leather pants.

Also, an idea that I had for pockets and whatnot: No inventory beyond the bar until you make backpacks and packs that attach to it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not an artist, but you get the general idea I believe.

I learned how to make skins so I could make a semi-naked caveman skin after I started playing this mod. It gave me a reason to make leather pants.

Also, an idea that I had for pockets and whatnot: No inventory beyond the bar until you make backpacks and packs that attach to it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If the gui is like your, I suggest that adding a seed pouch makes the seed pouch slot disappear and upgrades definitively the inventory, because thinking that you need to keep an item in the inventory is not funny.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is brilliant, perfect, also, could you make a distinct looking caveman skin for me? x] mine now is... not right idk why, I just really think in TFC we should start as near to naked and helpless as possible.

this is brilliant, perfect, also, could you make a distinct looking caveman skin for me? x] mine now is... not right idk why, I just really think in TFC we should start as near to naked and helpless as possible.

Yeah, even if i agree, i prefer my Slenderman skin :3 Not even this mod will make me change my skin (except, maybe, that one that let's you disguise as another player/mob :P it was a bukkit plugin, i think)