Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
varradami

StarForge - Stress points when building

37 posts in this topic

Yes, I've wanted something like this for a while, mainly for the naval ship building element.

There is a mod about shipbuilding.

What i want out of it is not ships (although it is a plus) it is for the fact that it convert large groups of blocks into entities and have useable physics and finally the ability to edit the blocks. Not to mention the lack of lag.

What i want out of it is not ships (although it is a plus) it is for the fact that it convert large groups of blocks into entities and have useable physics and finally the ability to edit the blocks. Not to mention the lack of lag.

yeah... those two combined are pretty impossible in Minecraft, you can have only one. Collision is a huge problem and updating information on many blocks at the same time is a big problem... Minecraft is not yet the game for that

Oh thats right they don't have collision yet do they. Everything else is so perfect.

I'll agree, the character movement does look really awful, but the truth is, all the enemies look like hydralisks because hydralisks are both cool and imposing in appearance. In the video I saw of the guy defending his trench with a machine gun while search lights illuminated portions of his forward terrain and hydralisks were bounding forward in swarms, I felt like the game was channeling the cutscene from the original Starcraft.

I'm not saying that hydralisks don't look cool/imposing. I'm just wondering whether or not that would fly with Blizzard. And it's great that they can invoke a certain felling in you, but if they're designing their own game, they shouldn't be trying to make you feel like you're looking at another game.

Either way, I'd be more impressed if they tried to design a monster that wasn't such a blatant rip-off of another well-known monster. I understand that's not easy to do, but it's something you have to do as a designer. I'll just give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk all of this up to "we needed to prepare a demo, but we didn't have the time/resources to design an enemy ourselves."

They could have at least recolored the damn thing, though.

ehm... i don't really get why everyone thinks those things are hydralisks... they don't shoot projectiles and look a lot more like worms to me... i don't really see that much in common except the rough posture.

I suppose that, now that I've gotten a better look at them, they don't look as much like hydralisks as I'd initially thought. It probably was the posture, as well as the coloration that threw me.

Any game when it's in early development will be rough and probably look very much like whatever inspired the creators. As the game develops further it'll eventually take on a much more personalized feel.

Any game when it's in early development will be rough and probably look very much like whatever inspired the creators. As the game develops further it'll eventually take on a much more personalized feel.

But as I've read they will make it free but you'll have to pay for blocks, for me this is such a bad idea...

But as I've read they will make it free but you'll have to pay for blocks, for me this is such a bad idea...

Why would you want to shoot your game in the foot like that?

Why would you want to shoot your game in the foot like that?

Its so sad... I hate most free games because of this.

ehm guys...the thing with free game but buyable blocks was cancelled a while ago that is why they started the indiegogo campain cause the game will now be release as you would do normally. 1 pay and you get everything.