Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
halfmaster1

Anvils

16 posts in this topic

Hello all, this is my first post, so there is a chance that this should go in the support forum, but I read around a bit, and this seems like the right place.

I have been in my tfc world for quite a while now, and I have found clay, and lot's of those rocks that make zinc, I think I have enough for about 7-8 tools now, but I have nowhere to make them. I looked on the wiki and it says that I need Igneous extrusive (I think), but that seems very rare.

I am posting this topic for 2 reasons: first of all, I want to make sure that I actually need igneous extrusive, and I am ot just using my hammer wrong. Second of all, I was wondering if certain biomes, or trees meant there was igneous extrusive rocks underground. Also, whether the rocks above ground corresponded with the rocks underground (eg. does the chalk rock above ground me that is what is below ground?)

I have found tonnes of rocks so far, siltstone, diorite, chalkrock, granite, conglamorate, and a couple more I can't remember, but I still can't get my hammer to work.

Anyways, if you guys can help, great, or if I am just unlucky, then I'll go back to wandering around.

Thanks.

First of all, how many small ore pieces do you have? For 7-8 tools you will need like 120 of them if you use the firepit, or 90 if you use the bloomery.

And to get the stone anvil you need any Igneous rock, diorite is one of them. The loose rocks don't always match the first stone layer, it's a known bug. So dig the dirt to find out.

The biomes ore trees doesn't have any relation with the rock layers, so you just have to dig to see what rocks are below

Okay, thanks, I'll try it out.

That is probably why the place where I found diorite didn't work. I thought that meant it was only igneous extrusive. And I do have that many pieces of zinc ore, or whatever it is called, the biome I'm in has about 1/4 of all the rocks in it that ore. For the 7-8 ingots, I thought it would be about 16 pieces of ore.

Thanks.

For the 7-8 ingots, I thought it would be about 16 pieces of ore.

You might want to focus on just a few tools that will be best suited to get you mining and finding the ore deposits beneath first. Smelting that many ores in firepits will take a very long time and a whole lot of wood. Can save yourself a nightmare of tedium if you get that bloomery cooking soon as you can.

For small ores it's 16:1 ingot, for normal it's 8:1.

For small ores it's 16:1 ingot, for normal it's 8:1.

In B60, I was able to smelt 3 cass into 1 ingot.

In B60, I was able to smelt 3 cass into 1 ingot.

o.O Woah. You mean like cassiterite nuggets or actual mined cassiterite ore? There is definitely some variation of quality (sometimes 14 nuggets, sometimes 18 type thing) but that's crazy.

yeah, that is different, was it consistently that low or just once?

Okay, thanks, I'll try it out.

That is probably why the place where I found diorite didn't work. I thought that meant it was only igneous extrusive. And I do have that many pieces of zinc ore, or whatever it is called, the biome I'm in has about 1/4 of all the rocks in it that ore. For the 7-8 ingots, I thought it would be about 16 pieces of ore.

Thanks.

If you already have that many small ore pieces, then just craft a chisel so you can make a bloomery to smelt the rest of the ore more efficiently and to get raw stone near your base, just slab the surrounding stones to get one

o.O Woah. You mean like cassiterite nuggets or actual mined cassiterite ore? There is definitely some variation of quality (sometimes 14 nuggets, sometimes 18 type thing) but that's crazy.

The actual mined ore.

There is not a fixed amount of ore a ore pice of any size will give, but a range of possible outputs. In other words, the same amount of nuggets/pieces can give of different outputs. Which from the gameplay point of view, means it depends on your luck wether you will need 8 or 3 pieces of ore to fill a mold.

The actual mined ore.

Whew, I was thinkin I might just give up mining in favour of scavenging :)

Wow, lot's of replies.

Anyways, I gtg, so I can't make this post too long, but I found some stone to make an anvil. It is sort of sticking up out of the ground and doesn't fit with the surrounding stone, like a stalagmite, for some reason, but it looks really cool, at least until I put some walls around it. It's only a day's walk away, in a Sequotia forest, which is quite nice. I might post some pictures, as I am quite confused about how it is sticking out of the ground like that.

Anyway's, thanks for your help.

You could just dig the blocksout around it and make it pop into an item, then place it in your town.

Well, he likely doesn't have a pickaxe yet, having just found his first stone anvil.

But soon...

I got some screenshots now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, that is one of those giant trees in a tunnel-like thing.

I don't get where this rock came from, as none of the other rock matches up, and I am pretty sure that the overhang doesn't either.

I think I might just leave this here, as it looks really cool as it is, and there are only about 12 stones, I don't want to run out.

I just realized that I posted the same picture twice. Fixed.