Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Androyed

Why are we only spawning south?

23 posts in this topic

Bioxx just changed the spawn location. You can spawn anywhere from -3k to -15k. This is great, but why are we only spawning south? Is north just the same as south, only... north? I guess then there is no reason to spawn north, because the only difference is that there won't be a "-" before the coords.

I have been north and as far as I can tell it's not that different. There were tons of oceans, but there are tons of oceans everywhere in TFC. Nothing new there. Still, it just feels weird to only spawn south. Is there a reason for this?

Never been to the other side of TFCraft equator myself, but I think they will be symmetrical.

And actually, negative Z coordinates are North, just saying. :)

Poky is correct, you're actually spawning in the northern hemisphere. The reason is that I *may* potentially do some stuff with the southern hemisphere specifically.

Poky is correct, you're actually spawning in the northern hemisphere. The reason is that I *may* potentially do some stuff with the southern hemisphere specifically.

Ah, that's what I was hoping to hear! I would love to have a more diverse world. It's already much better than vanilla.

If -z is north, does that mean -x is east?

If my memory is right, this whole -Z=north thing is a OpenGL thing(?).

You just can't do anything about it.

edit: but +x remains east. :)

Posted Image

If my memory is right, this whole -Z=north thing is a OpenGL thing(?).

You just can't do anything about it.

edit: but +x remains east. :)

Posted Image

Well, who cares anyway. It is just a number. I'm sure something in the code could be changed to switch the -z value with the z value. It would still be the other way around, it would just look like it wasn't. One way or the other, does it really matter?

North is to your right when you watching the sunset. Why would you need other means to tell this?

North is to your right when you watching the sunset. Why would you need other means to tell this?

No one said we need other ways. I made this thread to ask why we are only spawning south (or north, as it turned out to be). And I got my answer so I guess this thread is done.

No one said we need other ways. I made this thread to ask why we are only spawning south (or north, as it turned out to be). And I got my answer so I guess this thread is done.

A wild minor derailment appeared.

The reason is that I *may* potentially do some stuff with the southern hemisphere specifically.

Posted Image

A wild minor derailment appeared.

Yeah, that's how everything starts. Just a minor derailment... Then, before you even realize, you are placing pennies everywhere in the rails, unpatiently waiting for the next thread to get derailed.

Posted Image

Yeah, that's how everything starts. Just a minor derailment... Then, before you even realize, you are placing pennies everywhere in the rails, unpatiently waiting for the next thread to get derailed.

Pennies?! Pfffft! You, my good sir, place entire piles of these:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/02/article-2056412-0E9C0BD900000578-490_634x474.jpg

Pennies?! Pfffft! You, my good sir, place entire piles of these:

http://i.dailymail.c...490_634x474.jpg

That's where you are wrong, sir. I only have one coin of such a size, and only use it when it's wise and correct to do so. (meaning, when the thread was already derailed, or there was nothing good to discuss there at all).

JAG, that photo has been the source of much ROFLs...

Not surew which one you are talking about... And quite honestly, i don't think i care :

Last time I saw this I quickly read PROFILEs...

Can someone explain (or link to a thread) the way terrain generation works in this mod?

For example:

X + =

X - =

Z + =

Z - =

Water level =

Lava level (?) =

Biome distribution according to latitude?

Any help would be vastly appreciated, cheers. Its been a long time since I played the mod, and coming back to see all these awesome changes makes me extremely happy...and confused at the same time...XD

each seed is different, it's warmer nearer the equator and cooler towards the poles. there aren't really any biomes.

x : East / West

No terrain variations are significantly based on this value.

z : North / South

0 : Equator

The further away from the equator, the colder the environment.

±15,000 : Trees are unable to grow beyond this boundary.

-z : North

+z : South

Water level is higher than vanilla, but I don't remember the exact number. At least 120.

Lava level is the same as vanilla.

Do you know what level is in vanilla? Because I see lava everywhere, in the surface and near the diamonds. It's confusing.

Do you know what level is in vanilla? Because I see lava everywhere, in the surface and near the diamonds. It's confusing.

Level 11.

There can be lava at higher locations, and small lava pools as well, but level 11 has massive lakes of lava and in vanilla is the best level to use as a branch mine.

Level 11.

There can be lava at higher locations, and small lava pools as well, but level 11 has massive lakes of lava and in vanilla is the best level to use as a branch mine.

Another thing that I don't like of vanilla is the high predictability.

-Want to mine?

-I predict that diamond is at level 11!

-You're right, Sir! I didn't explore these lands but you're right! Here, take these 10 stone pickaxes. They're free!

-Thanks man! I'll bring you one of the 6 diamonds that I will find in a vanilla diamond vein!

-Thank you, but I don't need it. I found too many diamonds in my life and I don't have something to do with them.

-Ok, then. Bye!

-See you in a few minutes!

-You can count on. Bye!

-Bye!

x : East / West

No terrain variations are significantly based on this value.

z : North / South

0 : Equator

The further away from the equator, the colder the environment.

±15,000 : Trees are unable to grow beyond this boundary.

-z : North

+z : South

Water level is higher than vanilla, but I don't remember the exact number. At least 120.

Thanks for the info! C:

It seems like I have to do an expedition to the North Pole...let me get those javelins ready...XD

It seems like I have to do an expedition to the North Pole...let me get those javelins ready...XD

There are only directions, no real poles...

You could be walking for a while. North Pole or Bust