Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Quern (bug)

40 posts in this topic

Since the bug report doesn't work I'll write it here.

While inside the quern GUI, shift clicking on ANY item will cause this item to double it's amount.

Also while reporting this bug I will report the shift clicking inside forge/bloomery bug, first shift clicking leaves a ghost items, and the other is that sometimes this ghost items turns to be infinite (like with the fixed ghost axe bug).

Since the bug report doesn't work I'll write it here.

While inside the quern GUI, shift clicking on ANY item will cause this item to double it's amount.

Also while reporting this bug I will report the shift clicking inside forge/bloomery bug, first shift clicking leaves a ghost items, and the other is that sometimes this ghost items turns to be infinite (like with the fixed ghost axe bug).

Other bugs:

-Cabbage seeds can't be planted.

-Bell papper don't have a seed recipe.

None of them can be reproduced in build 66. I can shift click in and out all the propper items from the Quern GUI without getting any duplicates.

I can plant cabbage seeds and grow them just fine. Be sure that they get water and the soil is not lacking the propper nutrient. Also, don't plant in cold season.

Only red and yellow bell peppers give seeds, the green variant is an unripe red or yellow bell pepper, harvested early and won't give seeds

You've been discussing problems with shift-clicking and item duplication in a couple of different threads. As discussed in one of the others, nobody else is experiencing this, suggesting it is a problem on your end with your installation. You should double check the following:

-Ensure you're using Forge 354 (NOT the 'latest recommended', which I believe is 349 and is known to cause shift-clicking errors).

-Make sure that forge is installed before any other mods, and that PlayerAPI was installed after forge. If you updated forge, you *must* reinstall playerapi.

-If you are using any other mods other than forge, player, and TFC, uninstall them for now (or better yet delete and reinstall the entire MC folder to ensure they are gone).

None of them can be reproduced in build 66. I can shift click in and out all the propper items from the Quern GUI without getting any duplicates.

I can plant cabbage seeds and grow them just fine. Be sure that they get water and the soil is not lacking the propper nutrient. Also, don't plant in cold season.

Only red and yellow bell peppers give seeds, the green variant is an unripe red or yellow bell pepper, harvested early and won't give seeds

Cabbage seed (for some unknown reason), and green bell papper solved (sorry didn't know), but quern is still doubling the amount of items (I do have B66 - reinstalled just now).

"In and out"? I didn't tried it with items you can actually put in, I duplicate food, saplings, blocks, etc. Try it again with blocks please.

You've been discussing problems with shift-clicking and item duplication in a couple of different threads. As discussed in one of the others, nobody else is experiencing this, suggesting it is a problem on your end with your installation. You should double check the following:

-Ensure you're using Forge 354 (NOT the 'latest recommended', which I believe is 349 and is known to cause shift-clicking errors).

-Make sure that forge is installed before any other mods, and that PlayerAPI was installed after forge. If you updated forge, you *must* reinstall playerapi.

-If you are using any other mods other than forge, player, and TFC, uninstall them for now (or better yet delete and reinstall the entire MC folder to ensure they are gone).

Ensured, did, did.

Well as I said in one of them:

Last change log:

"A ghost axe should no longer be left in your inventory when the axe runs out of durability."

Told ya the bug was real.

Now the forge/bloomery bug left.

So stop telling it's only me, it's real and it was real a long time ago, just no one seem to bother. (reinstalled everything just now)

So stop telling it's only me, it's real and it was real a long time ago, just no one seem to bother. (reinstalled everything just now)

1) That just probes the axe problem was real, and still, you said in that thread you couldn't use the copies, so they are just ghost items.

2) You never provided a single form of proof (screenshots, videos...) that the other duplication bugs actually occured to you.

3) No one else seems to be suffering from the problems you say you have, so we have to conclude, until someone else says he suffers from this, that it's a problem only you are having.

1) That just probes the axe problem was real, and still, you said in that thread you couldn't use the copies, so they are just ghost items.

2) You never provided a single form of proof (screenshots, videos...) that the other duplication bugs actually occured to you.

3) No one else seems to be suffering from the problems you say you have, so we have to conclude, until someone else says he suffers from this, that it's a problem only you are having.

1) no, with the ghost axe you could create new working item. that proves that a problem that every one kept denying except me turned to be real.

2) I would like to but how? a video? just showing I have tons of items is not a prof, and it's pretty rare (since I started playing a few days ago I was only able to create 2 infinite molds), so making a video is out too. suggest if you know any other way.

3) I remember we already concluded that no one (almost) is using shift click, and those who does won't necessarily notice the ghost item, and since it's easy to lose that ghost item (like the axe) no wonder the report on this bug is very very rare (only me in fact).

But I'm just saying.. maybe the developers will notice.

Record it happening. If you can reproduce it - which you say you can - demonstrate it on video. The whole issue with the axe; read what JAG wrote again. I don't know if this is a communication error or what is happening exactly, but he is absolutely correct in what he said.

...just no one seem to bother. (reinstalled everything just now)

Don't blame us for not being able to reproduce a problem only you are saying you have when we have tried amply. If you're not going to work with us on trying to solve your problem, then don't bring it up in the first place.

1) no, with the ghost axe you could create new working item. that proves that a problem that every one kept denying except me turned to be real.

2) I would like to but how? a video? just showing I have tons of items is not a prof, and it's pretty rare (since I started playing a few days ago I was only able to create 2 infinite molds), so making a video is out too. suggest if you know any other way.

3) I remember we already concluded that no one (almost) is using shift click, and those who does won't necessarily notice the ghost item, and since it's easy to lose that ghost item (like the axe) no wonder the report on this bug is very very rare (only me in fact).

But I'm just saying.. maybe the developers will notice.

1) You never said that, and there is not really that much else i can say here : other tahn "we where denying it because it didn't happened to us".

2) You know how you got the items. You can make a video of yourself repeating the process. If you don't get to reproduce the bug, at least a dev could see the video and recognise that it could produce bugs in the past.

3) We never concluded that. We, Renadi and I in this case, said we shift clicked a lot. I personally never got a ghost item. No one else answered, but that doesn't means they didn't shift clicked as well (abscence of proof is not proof of abscence)

First I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just saying it possible to achieve these bugs.

Record it happening. If you can reproduce it - which you say you can - demonstrate it on video. The whole issue with the axe; read what JAG wrote again. I don't know if this is a communication error or what is happening exactly, but he is absolutely correct in what he said.

Don't blame us for not being able to reproduce a problem only you are saying you have when we have tried amply. If you're not going to work with us on trying to solve your problem, then don't bring it up in the first place.

Who is JAG? What should I read?

What do you mean work with you? If it's the reinstall then I did it couple of times, other then that people are saying it's my problem and I say it's the game bug. No solving involved.

1) You never said that, and there is not really that much else i can say here : other tahn "we where denying it because it didn't happened to us".

2) You know how you got the items. You can make a video of yourself repeating the process. If you don't get to reproduce the bug, at least a dev could see the video and recognise that it could produce bugs in the past.

3) We never concluded that. We, Renadi and I in this case, said we shift clicked a lot. I personally never got a ghost item. No one else answered, but that doesn't means they didn't shift clicked as well (abscence of proof is not proof of abscence)

1) I did at some point mentioned what do I mean by infinite item and how do you use it.

2) If I will revert to the B65 I will gladly show you how to duplicate axes. Molds are rare to duplicate so I can't, once it happen I can't show it.

3) I just saw people saying they don't use shift click so I assumed it's a big crowed of people. So it was just to show that it's even more rare.

I will try to make the axe video, ingots have same concept but a lot more rare so I can't show them. Wait for the video :)

Who is JAG?

They talk about me when they say JAG. It's easier than writing the whole "Just_Another_Guy_:)"... and i think it sounds good, so it doesn't bothers me at all :P

2)MultiMC will allow you to have TFC B65 installed in a completely different jar from the normal one, so you don't have to downgrade the mod, just install it in another clean MC jar file. Or, if you don't wanna use it, you can:

-Cut and paste your .minecraft folder in your desktop

-Enter minecraft, and update

To get a clean MC jar without losing your actual one. Whenever you wanna use it, you can just delete the new one and replace it with the previous folder. As i said, you don't need to show it happening, just show us exactly what where you doing when the bug appeared. Dunk (one of the devs) is always checking the forums, so he could tell from the video wether that could or couldn't provoke a bug like yours.

3)... I just checked, no one there sayed they don't use shift click. The only guys who mentioned shift click where you, Renadi and i...

And we will be waiting for the video :3

They talk about me when they say JAG. It's easier than writing the whole "Just_Another_Guy_ :)"... and i think it sounds good, so it doesn't bothers me at all :P

2)MultiMC will allow you to have TFC B65 installed in a completely different jar from the normal one, so you don't have to downgrade the mod, just install it in another clean MC jar file. Or, if you don't wanna use it, you can:

-Cut and paste your .minecraft folder in your desktop

-Enter minecraft, and update

To get a clean MC jar without losing your actual one. Whenever you wanna use it, you can just delete the new one and replace it with the previous folder. As i said, you don't need to show it happening, just show us exactly what where you doing when the bug appeared. Dunk (one of the devs) is always checking the forums, so he could tell from the video wether that could or couldn't provoke a bug like yours.

3)... I just checked, no one there sayed they don't use shift click. The only guys who mentioned shift click where you, Renadi and i...

And we will be waiting for the video :3

ok, now I know.

2)Why would I touch the jar? It's in the mod folder so I just replaced the zip.

Anyway I already did it my way, uploading the video (500mb) will upload in 90min, some minecraft bug muted any in game sounds so the video is soundless.

3) "Yeah, if shift click works I use it exclusively" - I confused this sentence with "If shift click would work I would use it..." since I don't know the word, and also you said negative stuff about shift clicking so I assumed you don't like using it too. Sorry for the confusion. I only meant to show how rare it is to notice this bug, so it's possible that no one else reported it.

Should I make a video about doubling items quantity using quern or people can approve it? (Build 66 - latest)

Should I make a video about doubling items quantity using quern or people can approve it? (Build 66 - latest)

GAHHHH! THE DOUBLE POSTS!!! THE ALL SEEING EYE BURNS!!!!!!

And yea sure, why not.

:P

A bug report is much better when it demostrates the bug, so yeah, make that video if you can please

GAHHHH! THE DOUBLE POSTS!!! THE ALL SEEING EYE BURNS!!!!!!

And yea sure, why not.

:P

Can I delete it?

Can I delete it?

YES THE ALL SEEING EYE IS MELLLLLLLTINGGGGGGGGGG.....

And JAG nice sig. lol

YES THE ALL SEEING EYE IS MELLLLLLLTINGGGGGGGGGG.....

And JAG nice sig. lol

Sorry I asked the wrong question, let me rephrase:

How can I delete my post? Don't see any delete button.

Oh my no! where is the delete button?? :o

Can I delete it?

nope, only moderators can delete posts :

EDIT:

Oh my no! where is the delete button?? :o

Now, that had to be intentional XD

It is ok. I shall inform you. You cant delete posts unless your a mod. Just EDIT it and say -deleted- or something like that. The All-Seeing Eye has educated you and blessed you with its knowledge.

EDIT: JAG said it first.

It is ok. I shall inform you. You cant delete posts unless your a mod. Just EDIT it and say -deleted- or something like that. The All-Seeing Eye has educated you and blessed you with its knowledge.

EDIT: JAG said it first.

I only now got what you meant with "the All-Seeing Eye", lol :P

I only now got what you meant with "the All-Seeing Eye", lol :P

Haha lol. It is my new thing. For those who don't get it, look at my prof pic. :P

nope, only moderators can delete posts :

EDIT:

Now, that had to be intentional XD

Really no. I wanted to add a quote and I edited the quote instead quote copy edit paste..

Anyway --deleted--

The quern bug is uploaded:

http-~~-//youtu.be/efCZwrlb2lU

-snip-

What a... Wait a moment.

EDIT: After a quick check, i'm still unable to reproduce the bug... WTF. Just, WTF :