Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vlad

Alloys

21 posts in this topic

Ever wondered how much iron you need to make one red metal?

Here is a chart that will show you exactly how much pure metal you need for each alloy metal: (doesn't show the order, but the total amount used)

Absolute values:

Posted Image

Decimal values:

Posted Image

--having problems making a table--

Change font to 'Courier New' and do it ASCII-Art style

Change font to 'Courier New' and do it ASCII-Art style

Made it into an image, looks better.

"for each alloy metal"

Your chart is wrong.

you forgot to include all the additional iron you need to weld the weak black as well as the black steel to weld the red and blue steel with. Gets a LOT more then.

"for each alloy metal"

Your chart is wrong.

Please explain.

You can't make less then the amount before the alloy name, unless you are to use part of the metal?

you forgot to include all the additional iron you need to weld the weak black as well as the black steel to weld the red and blue steel with. Gets a LOT more then.

yes, never knew about it, fixing..

Does I lose the conservation of mass then? Or weak black + iron = 2 black?

for example, for each brass you use 1/4 zinc ingot

for example, for each brass you use 1/4 zinc ingot

sure, but it looks ugly, and as I said you can't create less then that amount..

sure, but it looks ugly, and as I said you can't create less then that amount..

So make it with ores instead of ingots

So make it with ores instead of ingots

Hope now it's correct.

So you actually use 2 ingots to create one black? (seems like at the beginning you get 4 ingots from 4 ingots, what kind of metal smasher you use later???)

Let's see here. I want 1 Blue Steel Ingot. For that I need:

1 Sterling Silver (3 Silver + 1 Copper) + 1 Bismuth Bronze (1 Bismuth + 1 Tin + 2 Copper) + 1 Steel (4 Iron) + 2 Black Steel (2 Steel (8 Iron) + 1 Nickel + 1 Black Bronze (2 Copper + 1 Gold + 1 Silver) + 2 Iron) + 22 Copper + 14 Bronze (12 Copper + 4 Tin; I don't want to count alternatives) + 62 Iron + 4 Nickel + 4 Gold + 4 Silver.

Scratching lefovers we have a grand total of:

Silver - 7

Gold - 4

Copper - 25

Tin - 5

Bismuth - 1

Nickel - 4

Iron - 69

And all that just to get 1 single Blue Steel Ingot (just 1, not 4) which you can't do anything with unless you get another 14 of them. Funny math, eh? Admittedly, amount of iron would be considerably less for next ones, unless you lose the most precious craftables - anvils (which are included into a count).

Wow. Looking at the requirements the blue steel, I can see how much of an investment this mod takes if you want to get high-tier stuff.

EDIT: Looking back, 3 of my last posts, have had the word wow in them. I really overuse that, don't I?

Wow. Looking at the requirements the blue steel, I can see how much of an investment this mod takes if you want to get high-tier stuff.

EDIT: Looking back, 3 of my last posts, have had the word wow in them. I really overuse that, don't I?

nope, TFC is just awe inspiring :)

Holy crap. It's going to be a long time before I see some of those at the rate I play... (I think I'm on here more than I get to play :( )

Kind of a useful chart though. Cool post.

Let's see here. I want 1 Blue Steel Ingot. For that I need:

1 Sterling Silver (3 Silver + 1 Copper) + 1 Bismuth Bronze (1 Bismuth + 1 Tin + 2 Copper) + 1 Steel (4 Iron) + 2 Black Steel (2 Steel (8 Iron) + 1 Nickel + 1 Black Bronze (2 Copper + 1 Gold + 1 Silver) + 2 Iron) + 22 Copper + 14 Bronze (12 Copper + 4 Tin; I don't want to count alternatives) + 62 Iron + 4 Nickel + 4 Gold + 4 Silver.

Scratching lefovers we have a grand total of:

Silver - 7

Gold - 4

Copper - 25

Tin - 5

Bismuth - 1

Nickel - 4

Iron - 69

And all that just to get 1 single Blue Steel Ingot (just 1, not 4) which you can't do anything with unless you get another 14 of them. Funny math, eh? Admittedly, amount of iron would be considerably less for next ones, unless you lose the most precious craftables - anvils (which are included into a count).

Had the same mistake at first:

for black you first make weak black and after welding it with iron you get the actual black.

for red/blue you get weak red/blue and you need to weld it with black.

So black cost twice what you think, and red/blue even more :wacko:, the total shows you how much more then regular metals they weight.

Had the same mistake at first:

for black you first make weak black and after welding it with iron you get the actual black.

for red/blue you get weak red/blue and you need to weld it with black.

So black cost twice what you think, and red/blue even more :wacko:, the total shows you how much more then regular metals they weight.

So you agree then that Iron is kinda precious considering how much of it you need to prosper? )))

I think all that requirement is the Bioxx's way at that stage to emulate difficulty and time consumption of actually making some high-grade steel. For instance - there is a certain type of steel called 'bulat' which oftenly and incorrectly being translated into English as 'damaskus steel'. In fact bulat is more like upgraded version of damask. And if damask in some way can be replicated - there is still no tangible knowledge on how to make bulat. One thing is for certain - that required a lot of effort.

So you agree then that Iron is kinda precious considering how much of it you need to prosper? )))

I think all that requirement is the Bioxx's way at that stage to emulate difficulty and time consumption of actually making some high-grade steel. For instance - there is a certain type of steel called 'bulat' which oftenly and incorrectly being translated into English as 'damaskus steel'. In fact bulat is more like upgraded version of damask. And if damask in some way can be replicated - there is still no tangible knowledge on how to make bulat. One thing is for certain - that required a lot of effort.

But one stays unclear, usually when welding two metals together you get a double ingot, how do you combine two into one in the later game? Do you build some metal smasher or what?

But one stays unclear, usually when welding two metals together you get a double ingot, how do you combine two into one in the later game? Do you build some metal smasher or what?

Think of it sort of as of gold rates. 999 is not the same as 585, right?

Think of it sort of as of gold rates. 999 is not the same as 585, right?

didn't understand that one.

I mean that the volume of the metal stays the same but the mass doubles, how? it's a really hard work for a hammer..

didn't understand that one.

I mean that the volume of the metal stays the same but the mass doubles, how? it's a really hard work for a hammer..

It says - beat out the impurities - meaning better quality because 'junk' mass is out of the way.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0